New First time mom here

Options
Meeperslove
Meeperslove Posts: 118 Member
Hello everyone,

My name is Hannah and I am 11 weeks 2 days (due Feb 1st, 2015) with my first baby. I am super excited yet nervous. Before baby, I had lost 53 lbs in the past 5 years. Just a little nervous about gaining weight. I started out around 143.5 and am now 145. I am hoping to keep healthy and work out at least three times a week. Hoping to make some mommy-to-be friends.

Replies

• Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm also on my first pregnancy, but only 7 weeks along.

I gained a lot of weight before getting pregnant, and have actually lost 8lbs since (backwards I know!) since finding out because of better eating. I'm also nervous about gaining the right amount for baby.

Good luck!
  • Meeperslove
    Meeperslove Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thank you and good luck to you as well!
  • katey_my_lady
    katey_my_lady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! Gaining weight is psychologically hard on a lot of us. I've definitely struggled with that, especially when the weight started to pile on faster during the second half of the second trimester. I'm now 26 weeks and 3 days, and I've gained about 17 pounds, which puts me right on track. Just try to remember that most of the weight you are gaining is not fat, but tissue, blood, placenta, fluid, and of course, baby! Good luck to you and feel free to add me.
  • katebrog
    katebrog Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm also a first time mom, due August 18th (getting close)!! For me, I just tried to focus on eating healthy, but also giving in to my cravings here and there. Before becoming pregnant, I ate pretty healthy and exercised a lot (mainly running, which I can't do anymore). So, I've still tried to maintain that healthy eating lifestyle and kept up pretty well with a modified exercise routine 5-6x/week, mainly focusing my cardio with the elliptical or walking and doing some light upper body strength training. I think the best thing is to keep moving, even on days when you are really tired! It helps give me a ton of energy and I never regret a workout. Feel free to add me!:happy: