Day 2-Checkin

Options
abs0830
abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
Since it's a quickstart for 10 days, we are officially on Day 2. How's everyone doing? What have you found easy/challenging/motivational?

2d82uyq.jpg

Replies

• SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I unfortunately had a moment of vertigo in the shower on the 4th, which led to a free fall. I have fractured ribs and deep tissue bruising, so my what's new is I have been almost completely sedentary for two weeks! The good news is, I have maintained my weight.

I haven't been eating much fruit lately, likely because I'm not moving around much and am not hungry after meals. I usually have some fruit after lunch. I have half of a nice honeydew mellon I should use, so that will be my plan for today.
  • usherinpresence
    Options
    Okay this is great. We are on day 2? Did not know it was a 10 day challenge. I am doing okay today, but feeling a little hungry. Thanks for checking in:smile:
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Not great on the carbonated bevies...I actually quit drinking them for a full year and started again here and there in January, but now they seem to be popping up more and more even though I am still doing GREAT on the water intake...need to get a handle on that!

Refined sugar has also become more of a problem for me recently...in the past I have NEVER been a sweets person, I've been more of a chips kinda person, but that seems to be shifting for me, so I went a little crazy with that last night--BUSTED! Although I'm learning that if I allow it but monitor the portions I tend to do better, so I'm gonna look into making some of my own desserts that are made from Stevia or honey? Would that be considered clean? Any recipe suggestions?

Don't touch artificial sweetners like Equal and Sweet and Low, although have had an ocassional Splenda, but mostly use Stevia or Agave or honey...the only horrific coloring I can think of is in the Kool-aid I had the other day--HOLY smokes!

Processed foods, hmmm...still working on this one...

As far as food goes the only one I'm not sure about is the Organic Lean meats...I'll need to research this a bit more, I live on an island, so not sure we have a lot of choice as far as Organic meat, but again it may just be that I don't know enough about it...
  • laura102281
    laura102281 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am still getting used to drinking all this water. I was never big on soda, so cutting this out for months now is fairly easy to me. But all this water ( 8 cups is A LOT for me) is something I constantly have to remind myself of.
    On a positive note...my kids love water now (probably more then me) and don't even ask for soda or juices anymore unless we use our blender to make our snack drinks.
  • jolybac
    jolybac Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Things have been going okay with me. Yesterday was a little rough though. At least it was for my family! Usually a few days into changing my diet I get a teensy bit irritable and just feel like eating ALL THE FOOD. I did okay though, gave everyone fair warning, the only added sugar I consumed was 3 altoids, and I stayed within my calorie limits (not easy considering I was in Target for a couple hours - soooo many temptations!).

Motivational? How about going shopping to buy workout clothes and have to buy a size up? Maybe signing into an old site (similar to MFP) and seeing that I was about 15 lbs lighter this time last year? If my motivation starts to wane, there's always the "before" progress pics to take! :smile:

I've also made my diary public, which kind of works as motivation too.
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm thinking that I really like where this group is headed-so a 10 day Quickstart (hence day 2) but then we can continue on as well :-)

Sandra-I'm sorry to hear about your fall, but that's awesome that you've maintained your weight!

usherinpresence-Sorry about that. Hopefully the above clarifies that.

MsMarlaJean-What island? It could be that you're getting that and not realizing it as well.

Laura-That's great. When you say 8 cups, how many ounces are your cups. That may be an issue if you're drinking 8 cups of 32 ounces!

jolybac-Target does have a lot of temptations. Way to go not giving in! That is awesome motivation. I have a few things that I used to fit into that I keep in front of the clothes I can wear now as motivation. I also posted a quote on the fridge. No one coming into the house thinks it's odd, but it's a reminder to me. Great job!
  • ShalaraQ
    ShalaraQ Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am still getting used to drinking all this water. I was never big on soda, so cutting this out for months now is fairly easy to me. But all this water ( 8 cups is A LOT for me) is something I constantly have to remind myself of.
    On a positive note...my kids love water now (probably more then me) and don't even ask for soda or juices anymore unless we use our blender to make our snack drinks.

I was big on soda, so that has been hard for me -- but the same thing has happened with my kids which is great. I keep a brita pitcher in the fridge and one on the table, so my kids have just started using that when they are thirsty. I've got a half full jug of apple juice that has been in there for weeks now. My 10yo could stand to lose a little weight, but with his aspergers, its very challenging to get him to change his habits. Even he is now drinking almost exclusively water like both mom and dad. It's one thing that keeps me from buying that *&#*$& Pepsi, even when I am craving it soooo badly.
  • Desirae_B
    Desirae_B Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Since it's a quickstart for 10 days, we are officially on Day 2. How's everyone doing? What have you found easy/challenging/motivational?

2d82uyq.jpg

I'm just now reading this for the first time... I will be participating moving forward. I think the dynamics of this group are great especially for a new start up! Great job abs0830 for being such a good leader!
  • 2Chaotic
    2Chaotic Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    After a week of pretty clean eating, I lost it yesterday and devoured a large packet of flavoured chips. Yep, I did it in a big way. Back on the wagon today.
  • sunsoakeddreamer
    sunsoakeddreamer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm doing ok, but not stellar. We went to a big party over the weekend and I took just *one* bite of the foods that were tempting me (chips, and whoopee pies). I was pleased to find out that I didn't want more than that bite, the taste was disappointing. I did drink one light beer and sort of wish I hadn't, but not a huge deal, one is better than three, and I think much better than a rum and coke. The biggest fail this week was a busy day with a late dinner, nothing was taken out or planned so we ended up eating hotdogs, and I had instant oatmeal after since I didn't want the white bun. That was the least satisfying meal I've had in a while. I've had lots of fresh snacks packed for work which is working out great (normally a time I'd grab some kind of granola bar or other processed snack). I've tossed a handful of baby spinach on top of my lunch all week and its been really good! I haven't made it to the farmers market, which was part of my goals. Hoping to get on that in the next few days. I have been busting my butt with a work out program which is making me feel empowered, but takes a lot of my time.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I was big on soda, so that has been hard for me -- but the same thing has happened with my kids which is great. I keep a brita pitcher in the fridge and one on the table, so my kids have just started using that when they are thirsty. I've got a half full jug of apple juice that has been in there for weeks now. My 10yo could stand to lose a little weight, but with his aspergers, its very challenging to get him to change his habits. Even he is now drinking almost exclusively water like both mom and dad. It's one thing that keeps me from buying that *&#*$& Pepsi, even when I am craving it soooo badly.

I know what you mean... my oldest daughter is an aspy and trying to get her to change anything is a challenge. She's responded pretty well with the cleaner food changes we've made because I've gradually eased them in but asking her to go cold turkey on Mountain Dew will be the big challenge.