Favorite Anime

Options
basicjim
basicjim Posts: 69 Member
I just finished binge watching Sword Art Online. This is on the heels of getting completely caught up with Attack on Titian. I am currently moving onto No Game No Life.

Just curious as to what your favorite enemy is and why.

Jim

Replies

• EssenceSuggs
    EssenceSuggs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't Anime, I Manga.
  • Goliath1357
    Goliath1357 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am bit behind on any newer stuff because I have fallen in love with live-action Asian dramas over the past few years. Some of my favorite anime shows are Inuyasha, Death Note, Ouran High School Host Club, Romeo x Juliet, Sailor Moon, Hana Yori Dango, Ranma 1/2, Red Garden, and Elfen Lied.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am bit behind on any newer stuff because I have fallen in love with live-action Asian dramas over the past few years.

I just started watching Switch Girl, highly recommend. It's like a live-action anime :)
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hmm, no way to pick just one so...

Fantasy: Escaflowne
    Mecha: Detonator Orgun
    Comedy: Full Metal Panic Fumoffu

Neon genesis evangelion, cause neon genesis evangelion :)

Mostly old school stuff, but I do like new stuff too.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I lean pretty heavy into the Samurai side of anime...

Afro Samurai
    Samurai 7
    Ninja Scroll
    Samurai X
  • errollmaclean
    Options
    I lean pretty heavy into the Samurai side of anime...

Afro Samurai
    Samurai 7
    Ninja Scroll
    Samurai X

Awww, forgot about Ninja Scroll! Classic!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Ninja Scroll - now that is a messed up storyline :)

I always liked Vampire Hunter D and Dominion Tank Police. Anything with Mecha in it as well - Patlabor 1 and 2 were awesome and I've liked all of the Appleseed movies. I believe there's a new one in production too at the minute (always fancied a cosplay of Deunan and Briareos.

On a side note as bad as some are, some of the live action transitions are ok for a watch like the Guyver series and Gunhead.
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I need to check some of these out on Netflix ^.^

That being said I just finished watching Girls Bravo & Sekirei but my favorite of all would have to be Trigun.
  • errollmaclean
    Options
    Ninja Scroll - now that is a messed up storyline :)

I always liked Vampire Hunter D and Dominion Tank Police. Anything with Mecha in it as well - Patlabor 1 and 2 were awesome and I've liked all of the Appleseed movies. I believe there's a new one in production too at the minute (always fancied a cosplay of Deunan and Briareos.

On a side note as bad as some are, some of the live action transitions are ok for a watch like the Guyver series and Gunhead.

I got a model kit of patlabor from a local hobby shop years before anime was a thing, it blew my mind! GUYVER!! I wish they finished bringing over the original anime. Anybody see Guyver Out Of Control?

Ninja Scroll, messed up? Have you seen Wicked City? That'll leave you speachless, lol.

Appleseed Alpha is out on July 22nd. Appleseed Ex Machina was beautiful!
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sailor Moon
    The Slayers <3 Lina Inverse
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    i'm a filthy casual and i just fell for kill la kill. admittedly behind on the anime scene.
  • twishu
    twishu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The only anime I have watched recently (read past 3 years >.>) is Attack on Titan, which I loved.

My over all favorites have been Rorouni Kenshin, Mushishi and Wolf's Rain.

I think the Kenshin manga was better though.
  • KNHolt87
    Options
    Sailor Moon (love that it's back; oh the nostalgia!!), Ranma 1/2, Gundam Wing, R. Kenshin/Samurai X, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa, High School of the Dead, DB/DBZ, Rayearth, Outlaw Star..........and I could just keep going!!!! :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm totally behind on the times there. I've been watching the new Sailor Moon on Hulu though, just because.
  • HoneyFrogger
    HoneyFrogger Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Does Avatar The Last Airbender count :D ?
  • FairlyOddChelle
    FairlyOddChelle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ranma 1/2 <3

I also love One Piece, but am really behind on it. SO good *_*
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Full Metal Alchemist. Brotherhood is amazing. I also love Inuyasha, and Bleach. I've been meaning to watch Attack on Titan. I've heard its awesome.
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    man all the anime is so good but i always go back to trigun as the classic favorite and currently im in love with SAO
  • basicjim
    basicjim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am getting great ideas for new anime!!

Just heard they are going to do a Live Action adaptation of Death Note. That should be interesting.

Right now my tops are....

Sword Art Online II (Story 9/10 Art 7/10)
    Black Bullet (Story 7/10 Art 9/10)
    Attack on Titan (Story 10/10 Art 9/10)

All of those fall in the must see... Wonderfully written with great story lines and art. (Jim rating included)

I am also going back and watching the classic ... Cowboy Bebop. Spike is the man.

So, oddly, Anime is a bit of motivation for me to keep at MFP and lose weight. I'd like to cosplay someday. I don't want to be limited to Totoro or E. Honda (Street Fighter).
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am getting great ideas for new anime!!

Just heard they are going to do a Live Action adaptation of Death Note. That should be interesting.

Right now my tops are....

Sword Art Online II (Story 9/10 Art 7/10)
    Black Bullet (Story 7/10 Art 9/10)
    Attack on Titan (Story 10/10 Art 9/10)

All of those fall in the must see... Wonderfully written with great story lines and art. (Jim rating included)

I am also going back and watching the classic ... Cowboy Bebop. Spike is the man.

So, oddly, Anime is a bit of motivation for me to keep at MFP and lose weight. I'd like to cosplay someday. I don't want to be limited to Totoro or E. Honda (Street Fighter).

oh man they are going to kill death note arnt they :( thats really sad

black bullet i havent seen whats the story line on it?

Has anyone watched Gurren Laggen? im on the last two episodes of it and i love it (last part of the arc isnt as good as the first 20 or so episodes)

i need to watch cowboy bebop again its been to long (loved the piere episode one of my favorites of any series)

if your gonna go back and watch a few classics i suggest Trigun just the best of all time :)