July 18, 2014

Options
KnitOrMiss
KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
How do we not have a check in post yet?

No idea for topic... Mostly I'm in a state of reflection, trying to find my get up and go, so that I can really attempt this challenge. I refuse to give up on myself...

How is everyone else this morning/day?

Carly in OK, running around like a chicken with her head cut off, then errands, then shopping, then cooking...then ????

Replies

• amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Carly, I wish you the best with finding some time for yourself today, with all that running around you've got planned for today.

I got up 2 hours early and stayed up. I went to the gym about a half hour early and it worked out a whole lot better with getting my elliptical workout in easier before my exercise class. I decided I'd had enough exercise after those 2 things and didn't swim today. My right shoulder also needs a break from swimming. I'm just hoping my left knee will handle doing the elliptical machine again some next week. I'd sure love to be able to do more exercising, but, with all my injuries and weight, it's hard. My back let me stand up in the exercise class today, all the way through, so, I'm happy about my back right now. You take every bit you can find to be grateful for things--even things that would seem small to others.

I'm going to be pretty busy, like you Carly, the whole rest of the day. I also have a list of calls I have to make to companies and try and solve some problems--and I despise and hate the dang phone so much.
    Amy in FL
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hi Carly, hi all. Sipping water and breathing heavily after my morning march and housework. Later hoping to get DH out for Badminton: The Wife's Revenge. No plans really for today again. I want to go strawberry picking and we still haven't, I read morning is the best time and we were too slow this morning so hopefully Monday before the season ends! Saturday it is just me and Dean but we are skyping with my brother in the UK so not going anywhere, we can bike after I guess. Sunday I am thinking a walk along the lake, a picnic and playing pooh sticks along the little stream there. Might see if DH fancy's visiting his parents and bringing something for the bbq for supper. My back is hurting today after last night's mammoth badminton evening lol. DH makes me stretch and lunge and my back is not happy, no twinges that signal serious issues, just that aching pain from muscles not usually used. Instead of war wounds I have exercise wounds.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    AmyKee - I wish I was a morning person. I'm a natural nocturnal person, but I have to work at 7 am. I usually don't feel fully awake until between 9 am and 11 am. No way could I make it to the gym before work unless I go before bed! My natural internal clock rarely lets me head to bed before midnight. Not only that, you do a lot at the gym - wow! I'm trying to get right in my head so I can get right in my body...if that makes sense. Oh, and I work on the phones for a living - and I still hate them! Good luck. I will steal away time for me...hoping to get to the gym, but I think I don't like errands more than I don't like phones, so there you are.... Luckily, I only get stuck with them on paydays...usually.

TishTash77 - Mmmm...strawberries. A friend gave me a jar of Das Jam Shoppe No Sugar Added Strawberry Jam for my birthday, and I've been in heaven. I miss being able to get strawberries at the store (cost atm)... Sounds like you have a fun filled weekend planned... LOL And I here you are the "exercise" wounds. It is actually one of the things that holds me back some....I have done everything from breaking my ankle to tearing heel tendons to knee injuries to pinching neck nerves working out. Not that I was doing for wrong or anything, but usually, I pushed too hard, didn't stretch after, or something... I learned a new back stretch that really helps me (my bra-line area is usually the most exhausted b/c of what it has to support...lol). Hard to explain, but I kind of raise my shoulders towards my ears, roll my shoulders up, cross my hands in front pulling them together and down, and press my chest back. It releases a lot of tension across that line, and particularly near my spine, which for me, is a really difficult area to stretch. Feels AAAAhhhhh-mazing....

Hugs,
    Carly in OK
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps!! Hope that this finds each of you having a fantastic day. It looks like today is going to be the last day I get to keep the windows open and the AC off. Normal St. Louis heat and humidity is headed back starting tomorrow. Better get out and enjoy this weather while I still can because once that humidity is back.....yuck! Not a whole lot going on here today. My mom is coming to pick me up in a few hours to take me to the food pantry. Hoping I get lots of fresh fruits and veggies today.

I weighed in today and am at a stand still again. I have decided that I'm not going to weigh in for a while. At least a month. I need to concentrate more on the aspect of getting healthy and less on the numbers because the numbers not going down can send me into a spiral. So I am breaking up with the scale.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!
  • IlluminatedMayhem
    Options
    Hubby's probably getting a better paying job... as an otr trucker.

This is going to be super challenging. He's been pre approved and he'll know Monday if he's accepted. If he is he'll have to leave the 28th for 3 weeks of out of state training.

The tricky part is that I don't have a drivers license. Which will make everything harder. My oldest has a doctors appointment on the 8th for example. Not to mention bill paying and grocery shopping. And getting out of the house for anything other than a walk around the neighborhood. Also I'll have a noticeable lack of both adult conversation and me time.
  • Sylvarose
    Sylvarose Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've been having a rough time this week. I'm off on making my meal plans. I've been coming in under my calories but I can't say my meal choices have always been the best. To compound everything else - I have only worked out once this week.

So..tonight...I am going to the Y! I will walk..and I will do my water aerobics. I have a busy day tomorrow..but I'll work out in the morning. I will work out on Sunday as well. I think that will help me feel better and get me back on track.

:P

Hope everyone else is having a great week!
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I had a lovely time going out with friends last night. It went too quickly! I got a lot of walking in yesterday, but that's about the only good choice I made when it came to things relevant here. So *tonight* will be my last C25K day. Friday nights are lovely at the gym because no one is there. All those people out having a good time -- they don't know what they're missing!

My quads are super sore today and I'm not sure where that's coming from. I'll give them a good stretch after my workout tonight and maybe even use the dreaded foam roller (ouch!). It's a good sore, though. Feels like they've been put to work :) Now if only I could figure out how to get my hamstrings in on that action! Squatting should help, but I have the hardest time getting below parallel. Trying to use those more when getting out of my chair at work instead of leaning forward so much and relying on my quads. It's hard!
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I learned a new back stretch that really helps me (my bra-line area is usually the most exhausted b/c of what it has to support...lol). Hard to explain, but I kind of raise my shoulders towards my ears, roll my shoulders up, cross my hands in front pulling them together and down, and press my chest back. It releases a lot of tension across that line, and particularly near my spine, which for me, is a really difficult area to stretch. Feels AAAAhhhhh-mazing....

Hugs,
    Carly in OK

Carly I have the same problem and I tried your stretch mentioned above, and it felt very good!! I even went to a place that sells only bras and underwear and got measured for a new size...I dropped a size with the weight loss and getting a new size has also helped with that very painful backache I would have every day! It really was painful! And your stretch feels great too! Thanks.
    Nancy in KSA
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hi gang, I am on the run today getting ready for the annual meeting of our lake association. I'm president of our board of trustees and have a lot of last minute duties--mostly checking to see if everyone has done what they said they would. We feed breakfast to over 100 people and have presentations on water quality, invasive plants, boating safety, etc. This year we have a new breeding loon pair and one of our members got to hold the baby and father while our loon biologist tagged and tested them. He said it was an amazing experience.

In the spirit of sticking to my plan, I'm making a sugar free banana cream pie for the pie auction and a veggie egg scramble for the breakfast.

Hoping for some swim time-- GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Nice to hear what everyone is doing!
    K.
  • IlluminatedMayhem
    Options
    Hubby just got an email confirming his class dates. Its just background and driving record checks and his drug test. All of which he'll pass.

This is happening too fast. I don't know how I'll do all of this without him here. I don't even have anyone who can help me get my license besides him. Or to babysit so I can take a class.

My stress level is through the roof and I'm snapping at everyone even though this should be a good thing.

We don't even know if he'll get paid during the 3 week class. He gets a $1200 sign on bonus at the end if he passes which is great but we have to survive until then.
  • carostad
    carostad Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi there,

I posted in the intros, but this seems like the place to jump in. I've been working on getting my weight down for the past year or two. I'm down about 50 pounds so far and after a break I'm back in the game. I'm a pretty health oriented cook so I tend to stick to whole foods, not much processed stuff, and mostly just try to eat less. Less is my main focus. I really love good food, and I don't like to feel like there's anything I can't have so I have discovered I'm okay having just a bite of this and a bite of that.

Looking forward to getting to know people as I gain momentum and lose some pounds!

Caroline
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Welcome , Caroline, to our crazy family!
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome Caroline! :flowerforyou:

Diana in Maine
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

So sorry to be MIA for so long, this Summer has been crazy, busy and I am so ready for school to start so I can get back to my somewhat normal schedule. I haven't had a lot of time to be online other than to log my foods and try to check in with my friends list once a week if I can. School starts back Aug 5, so hopefully then I can resume my normal check ins and what not. It helps me stay focused.

So let's see, we have been busy, but for quite some time I was walking on avg 3 miles a night, some were 4 or more but one week I had blisters bad, had to take a break and hubs had a procedure done so we had to take a break from that. Now we've had so much going on in the evenings, VBS, sports camps/practices, we haven't walked in about a week and plus the rainy weather hasn't helped!

I started a dietbet this past Monday, 4%, we have 8 in our group and when I weighed in on Monday, I was down to 255.8 (was happy!) then when I weighed in on Wed here, I was up 2lbs, wth!??? Then on randomness I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 254.4??? I should have logged it lol but I didn't. I started TOM, so I imagine that I will be up anyway but I hope to lose my 10.8 pounds in the 4 weeks!!!

In other news, I applied for and was accepted to Penn State World Campus and start class in Aug! I didn't go to college after high school, so 19 yrs later I am finally doing it and scared/anxious/nervous but I want this so bad! I did have an awesome NSV this week though, I won a shirt through a contest they had, ordered an XL because I knew it would eventually fit, it came yesterday and I tried it on and it FIT!!!

I guess that's about it for me, no walking tonight, headache and rain day. I need to do better eating, have been eating to many cals lately (stress related I think) and not very motivated!

Frances