Do you have any mini-goals?

Options
DarrylsGinger
DarrylsGinger Posts: 63 Member
My hubby and I invested in a physician's scale. You know the kind that you stand on and move the weights until it balances. Since we received it I've had to start the big weight at the 250 mark and I'm finally at the point where soon I'll be able to move it "only" to the 200 mark as a beginning point. Say what you will but this is a point of accomplishment in my head. So today I began the morning with a 4 mile WATP video with Leslie Sansone and I just got back from a 2 mile walk around the neighborhood. I'd love to see that weight block move in the next 2 days and I'm going to do what I can to make it happen.

Do you have any mini-goals you are currently working toward to keep your motivation high?

Sandy

Replies

• tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to be able to fit comfortably in all the size 14s I have in my closet by the time we leave for AK Aug. 6. I can wear one pair of capris but the others are too tight to be seen out in public. Not sur if I will make it, but gonna give it the old college try.
  • DarrylsGinger
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. It's always great to be able to slide back into those things we've got hanging in the back of the closet or even folded and hidden away from non-use.
  • djcangel
    djcangel Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Sandy-Awesome, I've always had to adjust my scale to what the Dr.s has me weighing and it is usually against my favor. I would love to have one, but unfortunately do not have room in my little house. I think it is wonderful that you have( a soon to be needed )' move that weight goal. That's 50 pounds girl! That is a major accomplishment! Shout it out, raise the roof, you are going strong! Personally I am Super Proud of YOU! Keep up the most excellent work, dj.

Toni, I also look forward to getting out the carefully stored smaller sizes. One of my friends had a idea I really like, she hangs one of her favorite, 'goal weight size' outfits where she can see it everyday...I like that incentive. Keep the faith...we will do this, dj.

My mini-goal is to get my new elliptical minutes up to 10 min.s a session by the end of this month, I did 4 min.s in one sess. and 6 min.s in another today, plus walked 1 1'2 mile. Here's to the mini-goals. dj
  • DarrylsGinger
    Options
    Dj.. i'm so excited for you to have the elliptical. You're doing great already and I think your mini-goal is perfect.

As for clothes, I keep the next size of jeans I'm heading into sitting out in my closet. Is it weird that I try them on about once a week to see how much more I need to lose before they feel good? lol
  • djcangel
    Options
    Sandy, Thank you for the encouragement, It is so, NOT weird that you try on those next size clothes, what is WEIRD, is I wear the largest size I have until they are falling off of me, somehow, that way I have less sizes to go through. dj
  • DarrylsGinger
    Options
    Dj.. just noticed your slider and can not wait to be where you are already. And yet I'm happy to be where I am now rather than where I was 2 months ago. I guess it's all relative and in the end we're (at least I'm) never totally satisfied with progress.

I did get to move the big weight over today to the 200 rather than 250 slot but it was only by a few ounces so I'll wait until it's at least half a pound to officially celebrate. *winks*

Sandy
  • djcangel
    Options
    Hey Sandy, thanks for the kind words. My problem is that I do get satisfied with my progress and sabotage myself. I think you are doing great, and I look at it this way; You are actually doing better than me, cause you are hanging in there, and have further to go, So it is a lot larger accomplishment that you have moved that weight on the scale to the 200 slot. So you should be proud, very proud of yourself. I know I am Proud of YOU. dj
  • DarrylsGinger
    Options
    Okay... today i'm at 249.25 which means two days without the 250 pound weight block on the scales. I won't say it's official until I go a week like that but I'm pretty psyched! Whoot!
  • djcangel
    Options
    YEA SANDY!!!:drinker: Kudos to you girl, I am loving that positivity all oozing out of your comment! Beat that Scale!!! Have an Awesome day. dj
  • LydiaZembower
    LydiaZembower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My goal is to go from a size 14 to a size 12. I would also love to get rid of my stomach!! I bet that is everyone's wish.:love:
    I have kept all the clothes that I loved from when I was skinnier and would really love to be able to wear them again.
    I don't know about all of you but I hate having pictures taken. They always make you look bigger. My son would love to be able to take pictures of me with Zoey. I hope that one day, I won't mind.
  • djcangel
    Options
    Lydia, I bet you get there in no time at all. And you should be like o.k. take my picture and it will be history and a reminder for you what you don't want to go back to. A lot of us here have held on to those smaller size clothes and use them as incentive to keep up the work so we can wear them again. And yes, at least for me, the tummy and the butt I so want rid of. You hang in there girl. :wink: dj
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to eat healthy and exercise every day for 30 days. I am going to be on vacation for a week in August, and I usually allow that to totally derail me and then it takes forever to get back on tack again. I think that will be a HUGE accomplishment for me and I truly see it happening this time. I am choosing to stay away from the scale for now, so we will see how that goes too :) I really want to focus more on my health than the numbers. This is truly an amazing and wonderful shift for me :)

I wish us ALL success and can't wait to hear the results of all our minigoals. I see us all succeeding and continuing to do better and better every day and in every way! :love: Dyanna
  • djcangel
    Options
    @ Dyanna...:drinker: YEA!!! Keep up the great attitude.

New Mini Goal For Me...20 minutes on the elliptical a day, even if I have to break it up into 3 or 4 different sessions, I want to try to accomplish this by August 1st. I think I can...I think I can...lol.
  • DarrylsGinger
    Options
    Dyanna - sounds like a great mini-goal to me. Don't know if you've done this or not but instead of using the scales it's a good option to measure yourself in key points around your body and then reassess every few weeks or so. Inches are an even more valuable indicator than the scales. Try this points if you want: neck, upper arms, bust, waist, hips, thigh.

Dj- YOU CAN DO IT! WHOOT!

Sandy
  • DarrylsGinger
    Options
    I have set a new mini-goal... want to lose 50 pounds by my birthday on Sept 26. That means 18 more pounds in 2 months. Will be tougher than now because I go back to work at the end of August and no place has treats to eat as much as a school does.

Please help me stay strong and pass by the sweet temptations in favor of more activity and healthy snacks when I need them.

Thanks to all!

Sandy
  • djcangel
    Options
    Sandy, you are doing so well. I know you can do this. Think about low calorie foods that you can fill up on, and just resist those cravings. Best of Luck!!! dj
  • thin4me59
    thin4me59 Posts: 73
    Options
    I really don't have any mini goals. Just to take one day at a time and don't get down on myself if I make a mistake.
  • djcangel
    Options
    Darlene, I was the same way when I started out, it was enough just to know I was trying. Now that I am in the routine of my diet and exercise, I like the challenge of a mini-goal. Yesterday I did 20 minutes on the elliptical. Not all at once,five minutes each time, four times throughout the day. With my crazy messed up back, I do not know if I will be able to do it today...but being as it is now a challenge for me, and the end of the month approaches very soon, I know that I will try, try, try. dj

Good Monday Morning all you weekend travelers...welcome back. Hope to hear all of your wonderful stories. Have a great Week! dj
  • janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am an extremely goal-oriented person. However, when it comes to goals regarding my weight, I just stay clear. I have had too many disappointments. So, I suppose my goal is to just do the right thing. Not stray from my plan and not "taste" foods I shouldn't be eating.
  • djcangel
    Options
    Jan that is the most important goal you can have!!!

As For Me...Day 2 of 20 minutes on the elliptical plus 30 minute walk in the morning. dj