Introduction

Options
pittgal08
pittgal08 Posts: 23 Member
Hi yall, my name is Sarah, and I am so very happy to find this group. I wasn't sure where to put my introduction so I just jumped right in. My highest weight was 504 lbs, and I am currently at 469 lbs. Like many of you I have a long history of failed dieting, and I'm determined to break that cycle. I remember dieting when I was 10 years old, and when I graduated high school I weighed 360 lbs. So, it's been many, many years of kinda living. I don't have any idea what it is like to not be super morbidly obese. For as long as I can remember it has been an issue for me.
I am working toward gastric bypass, but I have to get down to 430 for the surgeon to do it. I am determined not to diet, but rather to learn how to live a healthy, nutritious life.
Again, I am so thankful to have found you all. I am excited to both be supportive, and find support. Blessings to you all today! ;)

Replies

• mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sarah, so glad you found us. It's so nice being part of a group who truly understand where we've been and how hard it is to get where we want to be. Feel free to ask any questions because I'm sure someone here understands and we're all willing to help in any way that we can. As for the gastric bypass, I had mine a little over 8 years ago so feel free to ask me any questions you might have. Again, welcome!!
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    HI Sarah , welcome and feel free to post or comment or vent. Well done for being here x
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sarah,

Sounds like you will fit in here just fine. Most of us same the share the same boat and mindset of not wanting to diet but to learn to eat and live a "normal" healthier life and overcome this weight and all its habits.

If i remember correctly we have two members who have had some form of gastric bypass, mikesgirl (Dee), and Karen who is also working towards her surgery.

Look forward to seeing you around.
  • pittgal08
    pittgal08 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I'm so excited! Blessings! ;)
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sarah!