Starting now

I have been trying to maintain weight since I was diagnosed in 2007. I am not having much luck. I have been blessed with two children. Yesterday, I was feeling dizzy and just terrible. I checked my sugar, my mom and sister are diabetic, it was 412! I am terrified. It went down a few hours later after drinking a ton of water. That was the last straw. My husband is going to help me keep to exercising and eating right. But I think I need support from ladies that suffer with the same thing. Please add me and we can encourage each other.

Thanks in advance!
Barbara

Replies

• lawgirl0520
    lawgirl0520 Posts: 15 Member
    I am glad you were able to get it down! I know it can get scary. Your family will be a great motivation, I can tell! You can do it!!!
  • Thank you!! I was very scared. But my husband is here to help me and so it my mom and sister. Having support is so important. My children motivate me too. I want to watch them grow and be able to play with them without feeling like poop.
  • sharimedina
    sharimedina Posts: 116
    I am not a doctor, but hon, you need to see a doctor and have your A1C checked. Blood sugars over 400 indicate high A1C, I am guessing in the 9.0 to 10.0 range. Most likely you need medications to help you regulate your blood sugars and that will in turn help you to lose weight. Also, water doesn't make your blood sugars go down, but even a 15 minute walk can drop your sugars pretty quickly.

Don't get discouraged. You are in the right place. But let me tell you, having pcos and type 2 is the hardest thing ever and I am glad you will have support on your journey.

Get to the doctor asap and get on the right track. Keep us posted.