Forest Team!

Options
aprilyankee
aprilyankee Posts: 345 Member
Hi all, I'm April and will be your team leader for Forest Team! I have sent friend requests to those who haven't already sent them to me.

Forest Team Roster:
aprilyankee- team leader
Howebrook
hungry4righteousness
9000feethigh
ActuarialChef
acv125
Tolkienite
undergradgirl1
virgo221984
R_ckThisBody

Make sure everyone logs their weight in goals into the spreadsheet by 7/4/14. The link is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AloVZ224FcwydG1WTlZJX1hiTE1kZGpDb0RHV0Nxc0E&usp=sharing#gid=0

Feel free to introduce yourselves here!

Replies

• tolkienite
    tolkienite Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Christine and I live in North-East England. In taking part in this mostly to focus myself to get the last bit of my weight down in more easily achievable mini-targets. I tend to fall off the wagon otherwise.
  • aprilyankee
    Options
    Hi Christine! I need some additional motivation myself. Once I hit my mini goal I kind of stalled... Still have a long way to go so hoping this will give me the push I need!
  • 9000FeetHigh
    9000FeetHigh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Forest!

My name is Karen and I really do live at 9000 feet in the mountains of Colorado. I need a push to start my exercise program and I thought what better way than to be accountable to others, as well as myself.

I'm really excited for the coming weeks! I know we'll rock this!

~Karen
  • howebrook
    howebrook Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Waving from Seattle over here. Super excited to find new friends and ways to stay motivated. I have a 4 month old and I've been doing pretty well tracking and losing the weight but just need that extra kick to start exercising more.

Ellen
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Hi all - Christina from Northern VA here. Just trying to lose the last few pounds. Also hoping to get back into strength training this month. I slacked because I had a big exam to study for, and now I *should* have more time.

Good luck to all!

Also, anyone from my team can feel free to friend me. I'm not the *most* active on the news feed, but I try to be present and supportive when I can :)
  • Jdoster06
    Jdoster06 Posts: 55
    Options
    Which exam are you working on. I passed p and fm, but then my wife got pregnant so I had to take the first job I could. Been teaching since.
  • aprilyankee
    Options
    Team poll... What kind of challenges do you want? I'm doing a few challenges that overlap so I have tons of ideas. I was thinking we can do a weekly challenges with exercise and intake elements. This week I am doing 60 minutes of cardio per day and a salad for one meal everyday.
  • ActuarialChef
    Options
    Which exam are you working on. I passed p and fm, but then my wife got pregnant so I had to take the first job I could. Been teaching since.

I have passed P, FM, and MFE. I just failed C, so I'll be re-taking it in October.

Have you considered studying for more exams on your own and trying to break into the actuarial field as a career changer?
  • ActuarialChef
    Options
    Team poll... What kind of challenges do you want? I'm doing a few challenges that overlap so I have tons of ideas. I was thinking we can do a weekly challenges with exercise and intake elements. This week I am doing 60 minutes of cardio per day and a salad for one meal everyday.

I currently use Pact (an app) to track my veggies - if I don't meet my goals I pay into the community pool, if I do meet my goals I get a portion of the community pool. I love the app!

I could go for an intake challenge. I could totally use more salads in my life this summer :)

I'm not very regular with my activities, but I did sign up for the other challenge listed on the main discussion page; the one with the Matchup App - it's a step challenge. I've never counted steps before, and I'm super inactive! Haha it's a struggle to get over 5,000 steps per day at this point.
  • sunshine91479
    sunshine91479 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am Sunshine from Tennessee. I am super stoked for this challenge. ready to help and be helped to get this extra weight off that is the last of what I want to loose. I run weekly and exercise throughout the week.

:smile:
  • ActuarialChef
    Options
    Don't forget to weigh in everyone!

I lost 2 lbs between the sign up and now, so I adjusted my goal weight when I weighed in this morning. I hope that's okay!

Happy 4th of July to all my friends from the US!
  • Jdoster06
    Jdoster06 Posts: 55
    Options

I have passed P, FM, and MFE. I just failed C, so I'll be re-taking it in October.

Have you considered studying for more exams on your own and trying to break into the actuarial field as a career changer?

I'm worried how hard it'll be to find a job, and not really in a position for it as of now. Had to get my masters to keep teaching credentials, so I did that over the last year. So maybe in a few years.
  • ActuarialChef
    Options

I'm worried how hard it'll be to find a job, and not really in a position for it as of now. Had to get my masters to keep teaching credentials, so I did that over the last year. So maybe in a few years.

Gotcha. The job market is definitely tough. Good luck if you decide to get back into it!
  • howebrook
    howebrook Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd love an activity challenge -- I really need to be better about getting out and exercising. Especially with the baby in daycare, I don't have the excuse of not wanting to wake the sleeping baby on my lap.
  • ActuarialChef
    Options
    Need someone to remind me to weigh in tomorrow morning! I hate that we don't get updates from the community/forums!!!!
  • aprilyankee
    Options
    ***Update***

Forest Team Roster:

aprilyankee- team leader
    Howebrook
    hungry4righteousness
    9000feethigh
    ActuarialChef
    acv125
    Tolkienite
    sunshine91479
    virgo221984
    R_ckThisBody

Reminder to weigh in by Friday at midnight! Feel free to PM me to log for you anytime, or post on my wall. I'll always have a reminder out on Friday and you can respond to that if easier for you. Good luck everyone!!!
  • sunshine91479
    sunshine91479 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so awesome. Great job!! I think we should do measurements too see how many inches are lost at some point. Weight can be a good boost to the ego but if you see how many inches you loose while the weight is coming off. I think that can be an even bigger insensitive to keep the fight against those pounds creeping back onto you. Just a thought.
  • tolkienite
    Options
    Great job guys! In the top 5 two weeks running - we're all doing really well!
  • tolkienite
    Options
    :( I've gone up this week. Not really sure why - my exercise has actually increased. Maybe I was more hungry as a result and my portions got bigger without my noticing? I'll have to watch out for that.
  • ActuarialChef
    Options
    :( I've gone up this week. Not really sure why - my exercise has actually increased. Maybe I was more hungry as a result and my portions got bigger without my noticing? I'll have to watch out for that.

I went up too, but I gave myself a pass because I lost my grandmother and didn't "find the time" to exercise.

Make sure you weigh everything ! I find that if I get a little bit lax with weighing my food, I easily over-eat.

Let's both lose this week! I'm hitting the gym everyday this week after work - I plan on running 3 miles tonight and I'll decide on the plan for the rest of the week after I see how bad my legs hurt tomorrow :)

What's your PLAN for losing?