Level 1 - Day 9

Options
eep223
eep223 Posts: 624 Member
I know I'm a couple days ahead most of you, but in the interest of keeping discussion going, I thought I'd chime in.

I just finished Day 9 this morning, and I'm feeling great! The exercises are definitely getting easier over all, but I'm really noticing where I'm still feeling it (the outsides of my thighs, my lower abs, and my arms)! I feel like my 3 lb weights have really gotten too light on the chest flies and bicep curls. I experimented with using 2 liter bottles until I can buy some heavier weights, but couldn't get a decent grip on them. Instead, I am focusing on form and resistance when doing those moves, so I don't feel like I'm throwing them away completely. I need to get out to the sporting goods store this weekend, though! I'm thrilled, because my upper body has been so weak for such a long time.

I slipped into a pair of pants I haven't worn in a couple weeks this morning, and they fit noticeably better. They were a little snug last time I wore them! I also walked past a mirror yesterday and noticed how much my butt has lifted. Woo hoo! I can't wait to measure and take some more photos tomorrow.

Edit: I also wanted to note that I have been weighing every day, and today I weigh exactly the same as the day that I started. I've been bouncing up and down within about a 4 pound range since day 1, but now that I'm back to where I started, I'm hoping it will start going down. I just wanted to remind folks to focus on you strength and inches, and not pounds. I completely trust that I will lose by the end of the program!

Replies

• SharkBaitRachy
    SharkBaitRachy Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 9. The weights are too light but I have to buy new ones. Depending on my other workouts for the day (walking, jogging, elliptical, Jillian's 6 week six pack) I still feel the burn. The jumping jacks and cardio is great now and I feel good after a workout instead of like dying! On to Day 10!
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Well, no day 9 for me today. I did however go walk 40 minutes at the track, and flip a tire up the field!!! Tomorrow, I will finish this level!! So excited, I did a sneak peek at my measurements... I think I lost.... I won't do an official measurement until tomorrow! I did lose some more weight though! Not extraordinary, but I'm down 1.5 from last week!
  • S4llyF
    S4llyF Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am now a couple of days behind you as pulled my calf on Friday and could barely walk !!
    2 days "off" and I am back to it today - so day 9 completed :)

I totally expected to find this really hard today and was pleasantly surprised that it was no worse (or better!!) than previous days...

Off to peek at the level 1 results now!!
  • jbuc07
    Options
    Day 9 DONE. 1 More day of this level!! Woo! I forgot to weigh in today :sad: So now it has to wait until next Sunday. :ohwell: Today was definitely not a give it my all :grumble:

Things are only slightly getting better. My weights still feel like a hundred pounds LOL. Tomorrow I measure... Wait... Should I measure tomorrow before my workout? Since that'd be day 10? Or wait until day 11?.......:huh:
  • TseliB
    TseliB Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hey. How did it go? What did you decide?
  • jbuc07
    Options
    Oh T! I missed this! I don't really remember now. I did end up skipping last night (bc of a headache). So today will be level 2 day 4.

Oh, and my feelings haven't changed, I still HATE level 2 :)