My Guitar Project

Options
Sooo, long story short, my roomie and I went garage sale hunting this weekend for fun. I've always wanted a guitar after my old acoustic got left back in Ct, but haven't had the money to buy one. We stopped at one last garage sale, and there it was. Like a golden beacon, well....pink...a Fender Stratocaster just sitting there among old candles and other useless items. Priced at $30. A flash of a $20 and she was all mine.

Quickly we began hatching a plan of taking this generic pink guitar and making it something awesome. And this idea popped into our head. We ran with it and so far its been coming out AMAZING!

Let's see if you can all guess the theme we're going with! And mind you, its only about half way done at the moment. Work has stopped its work for a day, but shall continue shortly.

guitar_zps6a044192.jpg
This is how it looked when I bought it Saturday morning

yeup_zpsd2b6af8f.jpg
Before things got started

zeldaa_zps1062b7b2.jpg
About half way done. Needs some more green, a smooth down, gloss and of course re-assembly

Replies

• zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I take it you're going for a LoZ theme? :D

And that's quite cheap!! Even if it was a MIM. Maybe they had no idea what was in their possession?
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    I guess not, and they wouldn't even recognize it now.

IT'S DONEEEE!!! IT CAME OUT EVEN BETTER THAN I HAD EXPECTED!!!!!!

omgggg_zps1902e33d.jpg

elskfnaef_zps6175a670.jpg
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome!!!! :D
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Thank you!
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I take it you're going for a LoZ theme? :D

And that's quite cheap!! Even if it was a MIM. Maybe they had no idea what was in their possession?

Yeah, a Squire I can understand going for so little.

Still, fantastic job on the refinish it looks killer!