30 Day Challenge! No Sweets/ No Junk Food

Options
sunflower92630
sunflower92630 Posts: 76 Member
Hi ladies,
So I don;t know about you other ladies, but being pregnant has made me more aware of the foods I am putting into my body. I know its almost impossible sometimes to resist those cravings but I thought I would challenge myself to try and not eat any sweets or any junk foods for the next 30 days. I am trying so hard to stay in the accepted weight range for this pregnancy and since working out has become almost impossible due to an auto accident injury and getting bigger (besides walking) the only way to control my weight is through food!

So is anyone else interesed in joining and being acountable on this thread!
Just do your best I know we are not all perfect so if you fall off the horse just get yourself back on, (This is not an all or nothing thing! Just a friendly way to try and stay healthy!)

No Candy Bars
No Ice Cream
No Sweets

(Suggestion: When craving sweets, eat a piece of fruit or have some berries!)

No Chips
No Crackers
No junk food
(Suggestion: When craving salty, have a pickle or a handful of nuts!)

Challenge Starts Today July 14th and Runs until August 16th.
:bigsmile:

Replies

• kalyrra
    kalyrra Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I was doing really well as far as weight gain, but all of a sudden this past week or two the weight has just started piling on! I think I've gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks! I know there's growth spurts, and all that jazz... but my OB has limited me to around a 15 lb gain.

I don't have as much of a problem with chips and such... but the sweets keep calling my name and so do the carbs!
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. :) My birthday is Friday though (35!) so I will probably splurge a tiny bit this week.

My main issue has been mindless eating of crackers and pretzels, mainly in the evenings. I crave salt much more than sweets.

When I do have sweet cravings, sugar-free popsicles, fruit, and Quest (low sugar/high fiber) protein bars seem to do the trick.
  • sunflower92630
    Options
    Awesome ladies! So glad to see you both on board!

Just checking in myself! Been 5 days sos far for me with no sweets or junk food... the weekdays are pretty easy because i have a routine BUT the weekends are SO HARD! especially with family and friends who seem to always want to go out to eat and like sweets!
    But I'm doing this for me and noone else.
    I did have a craving for ice cream on Sunday BUT I DID NOT GIVE IN! I was pretty proud of myself for that and now its mondayand the craving is gone. :happy:
  • getfitgal123
    Options
    WTG Sunflower!

I caught myself grabbing a handful of pretzels last night when I really didn't need it (wasn't hungry/it was late in evening). Started to eat a few and then stopped remembering this challenge.

I think a lot of it is stress-eating - I was very anxious about my OB appointment this morning. (Ended up being just fine though!)

I am still gaining at a fast pace at 1600 cals/day (total) and working out 5-6 times a week though. A bit disheartening.
  • sunflower92630
    Options
    getfitgal123 that's great it's all about being aware! Know you have an excuse to give your brain when that happens just tell your brain "I can't eat this right now I'm doing a challenge!" It will get easier!
    Repetition will lead to habit! Soon you won't even thnk twice about wanting to mindlesly eat those pretzels!
  • kalyrra
    kalyrra Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    It really helps me to just not have any junk food in the house that I'm interested in. Today, I caved and had a handful of dark chocolate chips. *mutters* I ate probably 1/3 of a personal sized watermelon before that, trying to kill the sweet craving. :mad:

Ah well. Tomorrow is a new day.

And actually, tomorrow morning is my Glucose Test. I can't eat anything else now for the rest of the night and until that is finished tomorrow! And only plain water to drink. I'm going to miss my small serving of caffeine in the morning! :drinker:
  • sunflower92630
    Options
    So i made it a whole 6 days without caving in and today..sigh...:grumble:... I just could not for the life of me resist the chocolate covered pretzels at work! BUT I will say 6 days is longer than I have gone in the past so gotta look at the bright side and stay accountable.
    I will say this I AM NOT GIVING UP! I am back on the bandwagon and will resume the course just cause I fell down doesn't mean I gotta stay down so no more sweets/junk food rest of the day and tomorrow I am continuing on this journey/challenge!

Thought I would check in at least make myself accountable!
    Day 1 statrt for me was 17JUL14
    Day2 18JUL14 - Day 6 22JUL!4: Great
    Day 7: An oopsie! Back on the wagon
  • getfitgal123
    Options
    So the end of this week did not go so well. I feel like whenever I have an event where I know I'm going to eat a lot (here - birthday), the days that lead up to it are bad in terms of eating! I have done well today so far though. And reasonably well yesterday. Baby steps. I like that a new week starts tomorrow also - fresh start!
  • papagal212
    papagal212 Posts: 93
    Options
    I'm just now seeing this. If there's another round.after this I'd like to join it.
  • sunflower92630
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    Can't say I have been the best at the no sweets/ no junk had a slip up this weekend ate m&ms, but its a new week and anew start I just cant' beat myself up about it but going to be honest I am great during the weeke but weekends (especially Saturdays) seem to really throw me for a loop. Back to basics!
    Good luck to all of you!
  • aldisaldat
    Options
    I really need this challenge right now. I am 8 weeks pregnant and really craving sweets, especially ice cream. I'm committing to no sugar today until our big family reunion starting Aug. 28th. The sugar is making me feel more sick and guilty for not taking care of myself or the little one. Thanks for starting this Sunflower! :happy:
  • sunflower92630
    Options
    Hi ladies! Just checking in! How is everyone doing so far!!!
  • Jelly_Roll_Patrol
    Jelly_Roll_Patrol Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join :embarassed: ?
  • papagal212
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join :embarassed: ?

I'm wondering if there is going to be another challenge cause I have been planning to cut out sugar and grains ASAP but I always give in lol
  • seidel1325
    seidel1325 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good luck ladies....I find when I try to abstain it just leads to an ugly binge. "everything in moderation, even moderation"