My Coach in the CF Games!

Options
sayhitostephz
sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
Our head coach, Dennis Berry, is competing in the Crossfit Masters Games today (45-49 division). 4th place after the first event. Woohoo!

That is all.

Replies

• sayhitostephz
    Options
    2nd place after events 2 and 3! Woohoo!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's exciting!!
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Very exciting. There is a local woman (not from my box) competing in the 60 & over group (Karen Pocius). One athlete from my box was 7 or 8th in his age group after the open, but fell to 22 in the qualifiers so didn't make it to the games.

I admit to watching the 40-44 men thinking, "That's my bracket!" :)

I'll be watching and cheering for him.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Very exciting. There is a local woman (not from my box) competing in the 60 & over group (Karen Pocius). One athlete from my box was 7 or 8th in his age group after the open, but fell to 22 in the qualifiers so didn't make it to the games.

I admit to watching the 40-44 men thinking, "That's my bracket!" :)

I'll be watching and cheering for him.

Same here. I try to think " if I wanted to compete, how long would it take me to get there."

I will be 45 next year. I cannot get myself into that kind of shape in a year, I'd break down from the load. My best bet it to qualify the year I turn 50. That would allow enough time to ramp up strength and skills.
  • sayhitostephz
    Options
    Thanks guys! After the end of the first day, he sits in 5th place. I can't wait to see him compete today!