Facial Hair. Tell me about it.

2»

Replies

• leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    I used to wax my neck and sides of face but now I'll just pluck it when it shows up. I also have long hair so it kind of hides it from most people who don't realize that I have it.

Was too afraid to shave, probably never will either.
  • It depends on your skin tone and the type of laser you tried. After moving, I went to a place that used the Candela Yag laser instead of the Gentle Lase. Did not have good results with the Yag at all, and the nurse/practitioner actually burned my skin, giving me several dark circles on my legs. One session I had to tell her that the laser needed more cryogen! And this was at a very nice plastic surgery office in Houston.

My results with the Candela Gentlelase have been great, though. I've also had friends who have gotten laser hair removal and describe their experience very differently than mine, and they also don't have good results. So I think it really depends on the type of laser AND the knowledge of the practitioner.

Keep in mind that your hair may need more than however many sessions they say it takes on average. I had laser treatments on my face about every 6 weeks for at least a full year before I achieved the desired results. Then I probably went 4 times a year for the next 2 years before only needing it twice a year like I do now.

So yeah, it is a lot of money! I've heard good things about the Tria at home laser, and I think that's "only" $500.
  • TwizzleBit
    TwizzleBit Posts: 23 Member
    I must be a rare breed then. I have a couple of hairs on my chin and neck that I pluck. I use a hair remover for my upper lip about once a month. I only have three hairs on my left boob that I just pluck using my fingers. I'm not a super hairy woman to begin with. I wonder if that plays into it!?

My personal version of pcos is that I'm just too high in estrogen, but my testosterone levels are always normal and low progesterone.

I have very minimal arm hair that's fine and thin. Leg hair is the same.
  • i shave everyday because my facial hair just don't stop growing. spironolactone doesn't work for me, after almost a year nothing changed.
    and i have to shave my breasts and belly everyday too, the hair is the worst part, it makes me really sad and i don't know what i can do to stop with it.

i'm trying to lose weigh now to feel better with myself. but with all the hair i have in my body i think that feel better with myself is impossible :(