Favourite WOD Clothing?

Options
ashleearoha
ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
Whats your favourite brand of clothing to wear to a WOD thats functional, comfortable (and for the girls sexy!)?
I love Lululemon, Body Science and The WOD Life Apparel at the moment but I am trying to find some other places for cool gear :) Preferably online.

Thanks guys!

Replies

• pookaroo78
    pookaroo78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I wear Lululemon and mostly Reebok so far. What is Body Scienc?
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Looking sexy is the last thing on my mind when I am doing CrossFit.

I wear capri or full length Nike tights, because I like the fit and quality. They are comfortable, with high waists and thick waist bands that hide all-sorts. I find loose t-shirts or tank vests most comfortable. As long as nothing is restricting my shoulders. I've got some of our boxes own branded tees that come out most frequently.

There is no way I'd wear tiny shorts and sports bra tanks the way I am now - some girls at the box wear shorts so small they may as well work out in their underwear. I'm envious that they have the body to wear that kind of thing in the summer without getting the mother of all chub rub.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I usually wear basketball shorts and a tee shirt.
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    +1 for Nike capri's and tights. I'm not sure of the style name, but the ones made from recycled materials are awesome. Very flattering but functional too.

I also LOVE Zella, Norstrom's in-house athletic brand. Very lulu-esque and great quality. It's also Nordstrom Anniversary time and a lot of pieces are on sale.

I'd love more short recommendations. I recently purchased the Lulu Tracker II Short and I'm pretty happy with them, but wondering if there's more out there?
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Whats your favourite brand of clothing to wear to a WOD thats functional, comfortable (and for the girls sexy!)?
    I love Lululemon, Body Science and The WOD Life Apparel at the moment but I am trying to find some other places for cool gear :) Preferably online.

Thanks guys!

We have several GUYS in our gym who love Lululemon. Apparently they make men's clothing but don't really advertise that fact too widely.

I don't have much in the way of CF specific stuff. A few t-shirts is all. As my gym clothes wear out I'll probably buy some Rogue stuff. I do have a pair of Reebok CF board shorts that are quite nice.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Also...if deadlifts are in the program I try to wear sweatpants. Otherwise there will be blood.
  • ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm all about Lululemon. I love their cool racerbank tanks the most as well as the run swiftly line (I have the tank, short sleeve and long sleeve versions). As for pants, my favorite is the run inspire crop. They stay put during burpees and DUs which is amazing. As for Lulu shorts, I really like the speed shorts. They're by far the shortest shorts I've ever worn, but after crossfitting for 10 months, my quads are ready to see open air!
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Nike running short, I have a rotation of t-shirts, rogue compression socks and whatever shoe fits the work.
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't going to sound right, but I don't care what I look like as long as I'm comfortable (*sorry*). It doesn't need to coordinate or have a name on it . . . Chances are whatever I'm wearing is going to get soaked from sweat, dirty from hitting the ground (burpees) and covered in chalk. So for me it's a basic pair of black shorts and a t-shirt. *During the summer, I do like to wear a tech-wick shirt.
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    If there's a lot of running or rowing involved, I wear capris & I love Old Navy's compression capris. Otherwise, I have several pairs of Lululemon shorts (groovy run, shake and break, & run times). For tops, I typically wear cotton t-shirts that I've accumulated from 5Ks and half marathons or if I'll be jumping a lot (or lots of BURPEES) I love the cool racerbacks from Lulu.. stay in place, hold their shape and wick sweat really well
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't going to sound right, but I don't care what I look like as long as I'm comfortable (*sorry*). It doesn't need to coordinate or have a name on it . . . Chances are whatever I'm wearing is going to get soaked from sweat, dirty from hitting the ground (burpees) and covered in chalk. So for me it's a basic pair of black shorts and a t-shirt. *During the summer, I do like to wear a tech-wick shirt.

Sounds fine to me, I'm exactly the same. Requirements are: shoulders free from restrictions, thighs do not rub together, pants do not go see through when I squat, pants don't creep down *too badly* when I jump rope/box jump/run and expose flesh etc. They are comfort requirements.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    if anyone has recommendation for women's shirts that are long, I would love to hear them. I'm tall (5'11") and still heavy. I would love something that would cover my butt when it is up in the air. Right now, I can only find it in men's shirts.
  • okulyd
    okulyd Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I love Russell shorts. Not too baggy, not to short and well priced. I got them at ocean state job lot (Boston area). For tops depends on the day but favorites are under armor and zella. I also wear a ton of the shirts I've picked at various races. I think most of them are nike tech shirts.
  • gweneddk
    gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am not brand loyal at all; I have everything from LuLu to $10 tank tops from Costco that I actually really love. My favorite shorts are some UnderArmour running shorts I got a few years ago. They don't seem to ride up no matter what I do. I also find their crops to stay put and handle wash and wear very well.

For shirts I wear the aforementioned Costco tanks, or burnout material t-shirts if I'm doing squats or cleans. Comfort/wicking is my highest priority, but I like to look cute too!
  • Petrusilly
    Petrusilly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one here that thinks $50 for anything you wear to the gym is far too much? I hate Lulu for that reason...

Most of my stuff is from the UnderArmour.com outlet section of the website... I still think $20 for a pair of shorts is a bit high, but after wearing them for a few workouts, the fit and durability is impressive.

I still go into Lulu like every 6 months and try on a pair of something, to see if maybe my body changed enough to warrant the extra $$... but I still prefer UA, and the price tag is a little less ouchy.

So far, these are my faves: http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens-ua-sonic-25-shorty/pcid1235053-684

I'm a 5/6 and wear the Medium size.

If we have a workout with a lot of running (I have a negative thigh gap), I will throw a pair of thin leggings on under these shorts. Seems to do the trick for modesty and protects my poor legs from each other :-/

Edit for tops:

Honestly, I like cheap tanks or free t-shirts... I have some from old navy and target, some from UA (if they were REALLY on sale) and a few cutesy ones from Etsy (like "Live, Love, Lift" etc.) anything soft and stretchy that doesn't bounce around too much gets on my good list ;).
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Shorts, headband, wristbands, socks, shoes. Never purposely color coordinated.
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    So many responses! Awesome :)
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    if anyone has recommendation for women's shirts that are long, I would love to hear them. I'm tall (5'11") and still heavy. I would love something that would cover my butt when it is up in the air. Right now, I can only find it in men's shirts.

I've bought Soffe racer back tank tops (not tech) from Sports Authority before and loved the extra lengh in those. Beyond that - this will sound ODD, but I do it - stretchy maternity tank tops. They're longer and have higher coverage up top if you know what I mean. I buy them for more modest layering.
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I wear running skirts....small shorts for comfort, but a little longer skirt to cover. Capris or longer in the winter if it's cold. I find it hard to lift in running shorts...or just uncomfortable. I find most skirts/capris at TJ Maxx. They have good sports bras, too, if you don't have a lot to hold up! haha. They aren't too expensive, so if they only last a year, I don't feel so bad.

And, my favorite CF tank....always a tank, no Ts.
  • chelsfelt
    chelsfelt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was a swimmer for 10 years so I'm most comfortable in minimal clothing for workouts. I also sweat more than most of the guys so that's another reason for minimal clothing... I wear fitted tanks mostly from nike or target, and short black fitted shorts from target, unless there are RCs, in which case I bust out the capris for protection.

I like everything fitted and minimal... it's not about being sexy, it's just how I'm most comfortable. Clothes get in the way. I would probably not even wear a tank top but I'm still pretty self conscious about my stomach.