July 23

Options
DarrylsGinger
DarrylsGinger Posts: 63 Member
Starting today's thread...

Didn't exercise last night because my right knee has had a few sharp pains going thru it the past 2 days. I decided a day of rest was a good idea. It's feeling pretty good now so with any luck i'll be able to hit that WATP video again tonight.

Went to the grocery store with my 17 year old step daughter yesterday and even though I was buying healthy stuff for me and hubby she needed some junk food. Count glazed donuts, a marble cake and a box of nutter butters in my cart. lol Already told hubby they are for her alone.. NO TOUCH! lol

Hope everyone has a safe and healthy day full of fun!

Sandy

Replies

• janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Oh all those goodies! I think we need to learn to be around all that stuff. It is just life. I met someone on a different forum who never went to the movies, never watched tv, never socialized anymore because of the temptations. Not sure what we are learning from that! You can do it! I am meeting a friend for lunch in a little while. I decided I will just have a green salad and save my "real meal" for later. Medifast is so easy because you eat their food and then eat a real meal once a day. I eat 6 times a day. Not bad. So, when I stick with it I lose. When I cheat....well, you know the rest. Have a lovely day!
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am so tired today. Have not exercised yet, but will, even if it is just for a short time. Medifast sounds interesting. I really detest shopping/decision making/cooking some days. ginger, I am not sure I could be around all those goodies. good luck to all today. Dyanna
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    oops I meant Sandy :)
  • djcangel
    djcangel Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday All, I was out of the loop all morning putting up collard greens, and making homemade breakfast sausage. So didn't walk this morning, but did 5 min.s on my elliptical.

Sandy, my hubby doesn't need to be on any kind of diet to lose weight and can eat any and everything, so I am used to having, pie, chips, dips, ice cream...etc. It use to bother me a lot, but I finally had to just accept that I am the one who needs to be responsible for what I put in me. I hope your knee is better soon.

Jan, enjoy that salad. I have never stayed at home because of temptations, but I have not gone anywhere for long periods of time due to depression, so I get the concept. Kudos to YOU for going out today!!! I envy your medifast, lol.

Dyanna, I hope you are feeling rested. I do like to cook, and it is cheaper for me than buying diet products, food and meal replacement drinks and bars, but I do weary of the planning and cooking...and if I could afford it would love the ease of that kind of help.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and lots of good wishes on your diets, whatever they may be. :tongue:
  • LydiaZembower
    LydiaZembower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love to cook as well and my son asked for chocolate chips cookies. He asked, "What did you put into them to make them so good?'
    I said love.
    I made oatmeal cookies for myself using only 1/2 stick butter and applesauce. They are really soft and have about 365 calories for 3 or there about. I put chocolate covered raisins in them to make them delicious. I eat them, believe it or not, for breakfast with milk. A bit more calories than just oatmeal, but oh so good. If you take a treat, make sure you skip the calories somewhere else so you stay within your budget!
    I drink shakeology for one meal, have fruit, and a salad. Sometimes I eat a dinner meal but not always. I just make sure the calories are between 1200-1600 eaten in 3-6 meals a day to keep the metabolism going. I am going for walks before I eat in the morning as I have heard that helps with weight loss. Also drink 2-3 L of water a day or half your body weight in oz.
    I did take an hour walk this morning, 1/2 hr. this evening, and did Turbo Jam Cardio Party for 50 min. even though I would rather have just sit and read my book. Burned 700 cal according to what Body Media transferred to MFP.
    My migraine never came back either for which I am grateful.
    Dyanna, I hope you have a great time in Montana!
    Sandy, my husband loves to eat fattening food in front of me all the time. If it is something I don't like, I don't care. I don't need chips and things like that. However one day he had Baileys and Chocolate Ice cream and that made me mad. He also eats the stuff at 11pm-midnight which is something that no one should be doing. I have often told him he is rude to do it where I can see it. Oh well.
    Hope I didn't make you all hungry for cookies. Sorry.
  • djcangel
    Options
    Lydia, Wow you kicked butt on the exercise. So glad your headache did not come back. The cookies sound delish, thank goodness I do not have a sweet tooth, my downfall is salty chips and dip, fries, etc. I usually do very good on my water intake, but today, I slipped up. So I will have to do better on exercise and hydration tomorrow. Thanks for checking in, love to read everyone's posts. Have a good night...and a better tomorrow. dj
  • DarrylsGinger
    Options
    It was a busy day. Finished my paper for class and sent it off email style. Made an early dinner and then met with some of my students and their parents at school. I'm taking two of my recent grads to Florida this weekend for their first ever trip to Disney. Between them and my son I plan on having a blast!

Ladies I must say all the talk of chips and cookies and ice cream made me a little nostalgic for pre-diet days but I kept the momentum going and had a serving of pistascios and grapes instead. It wasn't chocolate but it did the trick.

My knee is feeling better, thanks for the positive thoughts, so I shoved in a DVD and did 4 miles with Leslie Sansone this evening.

Rain has the cable out so the three of us are watching Lost Boys on tape. Hope all of you had a great day and that you sleep well!

Sandy
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    so glad to read your posts today and feel supported and encouraged. thank you all so much!

My day ended much better than it began. And I am having so many new insights and awarenesses. My decision to do this no matter what is really seeing everything I feel and think in a whole new light. The biggest thing is becoming aware of how much I put myself and my needs on the back burner. And the guilt and shame I feel when I make myself a priority in every way. So hard........yet I know I will never succeed and losing and keeping off the weight unless I learn to put myself at the top of the list. I am so good at telling everyone else that they cannot give from an empty cup. I am having MAJOR awareness of how much I give until my cup is empty.

So something I did that was very big for me today was to tell a friend I could not come to her house today because I was too tired. I felt horrible, yet knew I had nothing to give and I want to help her with her new little one. So I stayed home, exercised, rested, ate healthy, and this eve I feel so much better, that I was able to tell her I can come tomorrow. Guess what......no one died...and the world did not end! LOL

Things are changing :smile: Dyanna
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    No new thread, but it's July 24th.
    Good morning, to all. I'm with dj on the cravings for salty/savoury and I can truly overdo it on cheese! I don't crave sugar as a rule, but do find that if I have something, I just want more, so I stay away most of the time. It's odd that I'm not really a fruit lover, either. Two exceptions: If I plan to have a dessert at a function of some kind, I can control my intake, and I do eat 70% or higher dark chocolate. A couple of squares make a nice treat with tea or coffee at night and it doesn't seem to trigger any cravings for more. If you are like me with the sweets causing the desire for more sweets, you might give the chocolate a try.
    My weight is fluctuating quite a lot (3-4 lb). It's weekends that are doing me in right now. Too many good meals, parties and wine. I ate some very salty food at the golf course on Monday and it took until today for the water retention to go away. Scared me a bit because the scale reading was up. This morning, it's down a pound from what I have logged. I will only enter a loss if it shows next week. We are going away for the weekend. Bike riding and walking, but staying at a fabulous B&B where the breakfast is enough to last all day, even with lots of exercise. I will try to be sensible! Have a great day and weekend, all!
    El
  • djcangel
    Options
    Hey Sandy, Glad that your knee is better, I want to be one of your students please, I have never been to Disney park! You know, for me the more we all talk about our weaknesses, our cravings and our battles, the stronger it makes me, so I really enjoy all the honesty. I am very proud of you that you chose pistachios and grapes over cookies or chips. Great exercise, and I love that movie 'the lost boys'...hope you had an awesome night...Have a great day, dj.

Dyanna, I'm loving that positivity that I'm hearing from you. Learning pangs, there are the five steps, 1. Denial, 2. Anger,
    3. Bargaining, 4. Depression, 5. Acceptance. I.E.; I do not care that I am overweight. I can't believe I let myself get this out of shape. If I only had more support I could do this. Why do I have to change forever? I am responsible for my own self, and when I do what is good for me, I feel better, and I am proud of myself! You Are Changing...You Are Better! Keep up the good work and that Great attitude. dj.

Ellie, Good Morning, I too do the dark chocolate when occasionally I crave a sweet, now that you mentioned trying it with tea, I shall, thank you. My weight goes up and down all the time and would drive me crazy if I paid attention to it, so I only weigh every two weeks or so, unless I have a 'I feel thinner day' and I will check to see if I am right...sometime yes, sometimes, oh well...And I am A Big Fan of Only recording a LOSS! Have a super time on your weekend getaway. The B&B sounds divine! I look forward to hearing all about your trip when you return. Have a most excellent day...T.G.I.A.F. Thank Goodness It's ALMOST Friday!!! :happy: dj
  • janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Sandy, Yeah for Disney! I am a Disney fan, big time. I go every year at the end of January when it is nice and quiet and not hot! Just love the place. Dyanna, you surely have a great attitude! How nice to read! Ellie, I also love B&Bs. Can you tell I adore any type of travel? Those breakfasts are usually wonderful! Enjoy every moment. DJ, how is the exercising going??
    I am doing ok. I baked cookies to bring to son #1 in Brooklyn on Saturday. He and his girlfriend are having a get together for both their families. She moved in a few months ago, but the other rookie just moved out. We get to meet her parents. Should be interesting!!
  • DarrylsGinger
    Options
    I love checking into this group and reading about all of our experiences... the weight loss stuff and just life in general. This is the type of thing that can make the difference between sticking to a plan and quietly slipping away from it.

Thanks to you all for being here and having the courage to share. *hugs*

Sandy
  • djcangel
    Options
    I Just Wrote a New Blog Post today about how my exercise is going...additionally, I have made it to 15 minutes a day in 5 minute increments on my elliptical.
  • DarrylsGinger
    Options
    Good job, Dorothy! That's 3/4 of the way to your mini-goal!! Whoot!