friends anyone!?

Options
Hi everyone. I am a 26 year old mom to one. I am looking for female friends with similar stats and/or goals.

I am 5'4 and currently weigh around 187 lbs. I am trying to get down to 155 lbs. From there, I would ultimately love to reach about 135-140 lbs.

I am doing the treadmill 5-6 days a week for 30 minutes & have just started tracking my calories yesterday.

If you have similar goals, please add me! I'd love the support!

Replies

• jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Im a bit older and a bit taller - im 39 and 5'7". I am at 186lbs right now, trying to get down to 150 and then I will see where I should go from there. I walk at least 4X a week and then I bartend on the other nights.

if that works for you feel free to add me. I log and post daily
  • villegasamy
    Options
    I am 5'4'' and currently at 206 lbs. I just started tracking my food, and I am ready to start an exercise routine. I am hoping to be around 140-130 lbs.
  • pamelamrowe91
    pamelamrowe91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 23. A mom to a very energetic 1 year old boy. I weigh 175 currently and am 5'3. I've been trying for the past 6 months to lose baby weight, but have had the hardest time. I would love to get down to 140, but realistically I'm just focusing on 150 for now. I am a social worker and seem to always be working. I have a very hard time finding the time to work out/meal prep because if I'm not at work I wanna spend my time with my family (my husband works 2nd shift so this can be difficult), not planning all this stuff out or do a work out. I'm full of excuses. lol
  • BusyBirdMommy
    Options
    Fellow mommy here - with three great kids.

Our baby boy (now two) was our last, so I'm determined to get something of my former health and figure back! I'm loving this site - it's definitely helping me to stay on target and much more focused. I get excited to see what my other friends are doing (it's really motivating!!). Please feel free to "friend" me!
  • clairetomkinson84
    clairetomkinson84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am a mother to a beautiful boy who turned one year old two weeks ago. I am also stepmum to a nine year old boy. I just turned 30 a couple of weeks ago so if you would like to add me for motivation/support then feel free. I started my journey at 287lb and am now weighing in at 218lb.
  • lollyhackett
    lollyhackett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm Lauren,

I'm also a mum (or mom!) of two boys - 6 and 2. And feel that I can't use the excuse of having 2 small children anymore! I've never been super toned and slim but my fighting weight was around 125lbs. I now want to get back down to this through diet and exercise and have decided to start the Insanity programme (to be honest I'm a little bit terrified by it!!) Everyone seems absolutely whacked when they've done a session, but I know that unfortunately my downfall is drinking more wine than I should and snacking too! I always eat whatever is left on my childrens plates and then end up eating more besides. Then the stress from the day leaves me wanting to unwind with a glass or two of wine in the evening! I'm currently 143lbs, so hopefully intense exercise, healthy eating and cutting back on the alcohol intake is going to put me back on track. I'd love to motivate you along the way too, so feel free to add me as a friend! xx
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'4 and currently weigh 176.4 and my goal is 140. I have an almost 15 month old baby girl and i'm married to an awesome man. I've always been overweight so i'm determined to get to a healthy weight and to be confident in myself. I run about 5-6 days a week now and lift weights. I also do tae bo, zumba, beach body workouts, or jillian michaels.
  • jesszelman
    jesszelman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a mom of two boys, ages 2 1/2 and 4 weeks! I am currently at about 196 and would love to be down to about 150 although I am more concerned about loosing inches. I am currently in a 14 (not a very flattering 14 since i just had a baby but a 14 none the less) and I would love to be down to an 8 or 10 by next may which is when our next vacation to the beach is potentially planned. Good luck ladies.
  • HikerMom03
    Options
    I'm a 27 year old Mom of Twin 3 year old girls and a 14 week old girl.

I'm 5'8"ish" and 255! Puke.

I need some Mamma Buddies to keep me motivated!
  • ageage22
    ageage22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm bit older than you and taller 5'8.
    I bike every day for 20-40 min, I run 2-3 mile once a week and do whole bunch of exercises at home from "runastic". Recently I linked it to my fitness pall and all activity is translated to burned calories - it is easy as 1 - 2 - 3 :)
    I would like to spend some more time outdoor, but sometimes it is difficult to find time for exercise during the day, while I don't like to go out when is dark ( and my neighborhood is one of the best - According to one of the rating magazines it is the best place to rise your kids " :)

I have the same goals, and I'm a full time working mother of 2 :)
  • marlasabrina
    Options
    Hello!! I'm a 24 old mom, 146 pounds, 5'3". My goal is 125 pounds.
    I'm a mexican lawyer, single mom of a beautiful 2 year old girl, she's very skinny and look like her father.

I start to be in diet 20 days ago, and go to the gym, do 50 minutes of eliptica training. My English is not very good looking jaja but I'm here finding friends with my seams goals and life styles. I live in de corner to USA and my diet is similar to the USA... we Have al these hamburgers, pizza and potatoes... is difficult not eat ships, but I do my best the past 20 days...

some one said a habit create in 21 days do it the same every day, I almost create a habit my healthy life style.

Keep go in girls!! we can do this!!!
  • nikkegee
    Options
    Hi! I am a 26 year old mom to one as well. I started at 157lbs 3 weeks ago and now I am at 155lbs. I am 5'4. I wish my weightless was more impressive but I have made a lot of positive changes in terms of exercise and diet. Although, I need to clean up my eating just a bit more. My goal weight is 125lbs, so I want to lose 30lbs!n
  • RoxyMoody
    RoxyMoody Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 30 and 5'7" and 175 lbs. I have a 5 month old baby girl and am hoping to get down to the 140's. I was overweight when I got pregnant and loosing beyond my pre-baby weight has proven difficult. Hope we can help motivate each other!
  • MrsBL12
    MrsBL12 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Winnie I'm a 26 year old mum to two beautiful girls 3 1/2 and an 11 month old. I'm 5'4 and currently 190lbs (sucks!) I would love to get down to 150lbs and would love some buddies to keep me motivated. Please feel free to add me. Have a good day everyone.
  • kabrown336
    kabrown336 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Katherine and I am a mom of a 3 year old boy. I'm 26 years old, 5'0 and started at 160lbs. I am currently at 134 and have a goal of 125. With my height the weight doesn't look so good on me. I have struggled with my weight since I was 17 or so. Since having my son I have battled with my weight and yoyo dieting. Since starting calorie counter I have had a lot more success. It has taken me 8 months to get where I am not but I feel like I can sustain this lifestyle. I dont feel like I'm starving myself like I have with other diets. I dont exercise a ton but I do try to at least 3 days a week. I also keep my food diary open for my friends so they can get ideas for meals and foods I eat on a daily basis. I try to complete my diary every day to keep myself accountable. My goal is to eat 1200 cal a day. I am almost always under but occasionaly go a little over. I also try not to do "cheat" days because I find it difficult to get back on my diet the next day. Friend me and we can help each other. If you see recipes on my counter and think they sound good just let me know and I will send them to you. They are all pretty easy with no fancy ingredients since I am a working mom. I would be happy to share!
  • dowd05
    dowd05 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey I am a mother of 2 boys 2yrs old and 3 months.I am 5ft tall on a good day,and weigh 137. I'd like to weigh 110. I've been dieting and working out. I'm looking for anyone to support and to be supported on our weight loss journey!
  • hollyn0911
    hollyn0911 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a mother of 2 beautiful girls. My oldest being 3yrs and my youngest being 3mths. I'm not new to mfp but I have just started on my journey of weight loss again and figured I will use this to hold myself accountable. I'm up for making new friends who are going through this same journey to help me stay on track and to give my support to anyone as well. :smile:
  • VioletSauce
    VioletSauce Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 155lb 5'3 mother of 1 2 year old. I am trying to find others to keep motivated to loose weight back to my pre-baby size.
  • bdh1108
    bdh1108 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am a 39 year old mom with 3 kids(16yoa-18months), a full time job, and a bad habit of finishing everything on my plate. I am 5'8 and 201 pounds. My doctor told me that to lower my cholesterol and my chance of diabetes that I need to lose weight and exercise. I have a Mexican food restaurant and sometimes make bad choices with food even though I offer healthy choices. I also like to indulge in a little Makers Mark every now and then. I have 50 pounds to go and just need a little support and motivation. Any advice is welcome. Good luck on your journey
  • jenstrohm
    jenstrohm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 36 year old mom. My kids are 2 and 4 years old. I've been doing Weight Watchers since the birth of my second son. I made some progress (about 20 lbs), but didn't reach my goal in 2 years so I decided to leave about a month ago and start MFP. I am 5'8" and currently weigh 189. Would love to be 145. Haven't seen that since high school. I was 165 when I got married 9 years ago and felt good then, so we'll see how it goes. I love the macro info MFP gives you and I think that really helps with balancing eating. I work out about 3-5 times per week doing a mix of running, elliptical and strength training. I'm running a 5K tomorrow. Please add me if you'd like to support each other!