I think were alone now...

Options
djcangel
djcangel Posts: 800 Member
I checked in to this group and it was founded in 2011, by' lindasain'. The only administrator listed is 'lindasain', and the only moderator listed is 'lindasain'. The last post the above made was in April 2014. There are supposedly 214 or so members of this group, (although you could have fooled me). So I would like to do a SHOUT OUT to anyone still looking, lurking, or interested in this group. Please let us hear from you.
Now don't get me wrong, I love our little group of friends that care enough to share our journeys together, I am only wondering if members whom drop out of sight for a long time are just left in limbo, or do they get shelved in some other cyber-room?
Apparently in this group their spirits just hang around and haunt the groups membership halls.
I once was one of a group on-line that had this same situation, and the powers that be would from time to time (0nce or twice a year), put out a "stand up and be counted" or be removed from the membership roles. It wasn't a serious threat, and you could 'bump' your place, and go back to lurking if you so chose, but it did give everyone whom was an active member a more realistic idea of the true membership. And it gave the opportunity to have more than one Admin. and Moderator, therefore if some one wanted to be in charge of say, monthly challenges, games or informative topics we had new things on a regular basis. We could as members even vote for those that we felt would make good Administrators.
O.k. enough of my rant...if we just go on with our 9 to 10 active members...all the better to get to know each other. Health and Happiness to All, dj.

Replies

• DarrylsGinger
    DarrylsGinger Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    1. Couldn't we just do monthly challenges now without a mod?
    2. Can we get MFP to add another mod to be in charge since the creator is awol?
    3. If we find we need a mod would you like to start another group and our little band could go there and possibly bring in more folks?
  • djcangel
    djcangel Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Sandy, I think it would be cool if we just did our own thing. We are not blocking new or old members, so I say just keep on keeping with what we have been doing. I just got curious. But I think my question was answered...We are Alone, and Free to be what we want to be...at least until further notice....dj