Hello! ^_^

Options
alodiaa
alodiaa Posts: 22 Member
Hi there!

I'm Hannah, 19 and a student. I spend almost all of my time studying and gaming and have started making changes to improve myself (which means less time at the pc and less take-aways, boo). Around 6 months ago I was diagnosed with BPD, panic disorder and clinical depression and nothing makes me feel better and more whole than working out. I'm currently going through Insanity and it's so. freaking. hard. but will be worth it in the long run!

I'd love some friends closer to my age as almost everyone I have on MFP is much older.

Replies

• Blaithin555
    Blaithin555 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Hannah, I'm Blaithin, thanks for joining,
    Snap, I'm a student too! Studying really does make it hard to lose weight but don't worry its definitely not impossible! I lost 3KG from January to June and I was studying for exams, it's not a huge amount but it was something anyway when I wasn't exercising.
    Well you're definitely in the right place anyway, feel free to rant about anything here and I'm here if you want to talk.
    I'm always tempted to try Insanity but have never gotten around to buying it, make sure to tell us what you think of it!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I hear you both. I am also a 19 year old Humanities student at the wonderful Lubbock Christian University at Lubbock, Texas, USA. The stress can get the best of me sometimes and I'm used to feeling pressed for time in a day. For example, I have had the (dis)pleasure of feeling like I've gotta choose between staying on top of schoolwork daily and working out daily, not to mention the lack of balance in other areas of life (faith, family, social life). Has anybody else felt this, especially the part about having to choose daily homework over daily workout? If so, what did you do?
  • RayLeen19
    RayLeen19 Posts: 106
    Options
    I often can't balance out daily workout and working on my manuscript (something I consider to be part work part studying) Since I've started working out for the past 3 weeks haven't been able to focus on much else, including friends, family, and my other studies.

I'm 18 btw and just graduated from high school.
  • zcb94
    Options
    I often can't balance out daily workout and working on my manuscript (something I consider to be part work part studying) Since I've started working out for the past 3 we haven't been able to focus on much else, including friends, family, and my other studies.

Congratulations!

Great, I'm not alone! Thank you, thank you, thank you!:flowerforyou:
    What have you done to at least TRY to find time for it all?
  • RayLeen19
    RayLeen19 Posts: 106
    Options
    Still trying to find the best schedule,
    I try to type at night at least 1000 words a night but I've gotten writer's block now, lol.
    In the morning I check in with my friends before I go out to jog and run errands for my parents. Then immediately want to go back to workout more even though I should be working on my other studies. I've thought about just dropping those studies sometimes, I really don't want to though:(
  • zcb94
    Options
    Still trying to find the best schedule,
    I try to type at night at least 1000 words a night but I've gotten writer's block now, lol.
    In the morning I check in with my friends before I go out to jog and run errands for my parents. Then immediately want to go back to workout more even though I should be working on my other studies. I've thought about just dropping those studies sometimes, I really don't want to though:(

I hear you on that! I'd rather not give up any part of life if I don't have to, especially because I want to balance life as a Christian who wants to take better care of the Holy Spirit's Temple (:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: ), wheelchair user with many needs (:heart: ), student (:heart::heart: ), and family girl :heart: :heart: :heart:) As you can tell, I love playing my many roles on Earth! UGH!

Will def try what you said about getting a little bit out of each role done per day, though.
  • xRedRockerx
    xRedRockerx Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Snap, I'm a student too! Studying really does make it hard to lose weight but don't worry its definitely not impossible! I lost 3KG from January to June and I was studying for exams, it's not a huge amount but it was something anyway when I wasn't exercising.
    Well you're definitely in the right place anyway, feel free to rant about anything here and I'm here if you want to talk.
    I'm always tempted to try Insanity but have never gotten around to buying it, make sure to tell us what you think of it!

I did Insanity once and I loved it. I definitely saw myself gaining muscle but I didn't notice a fat loss, although as my weight/inches didn't change as a result of gaining muscle I assume I must have from somewhere. I did get bored of it though by the end of the second month and I couldn't wait for it to be over - doing the same routines each day just wasn't for me, although I do still do a couple of the videos every now and again to change up my work out.
    But anyway to introduce myself, I'm Katherine! I'm 18 from the UK and I'd love more fitness friends close to my own age too - everyone I have on MFP is older than me and no one seems to really interact or anything. My "real life" friends aren't into fitness and it drives me up the wall that I have no one to talk about health and fitness and such with so I'm glad I found this group!
  • wimbsie
    wimbsie Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi everybody!! I'm Becca, Im 20 years old and study engineering at Penn State.

I currently reached my weightloss goal, only to lose it again. I've done this twice in my life now, reach my goal then let myself go and gain IT ALL BACK.

After summer started, I gained a total of 25lbs, which was half of what I had lost in total. I'm catching it again before I gain back EVERYTHING. I just have a hard time not binging myself back up to my weight. First it starts off slow, then I find myself eating 4000 calories a day, everyday, like I used to.

I'm trying to make a lifestyle change and it just isn't changing, and working out seems to be harder and harder. I used to be active in school, I worked out everyday after class, but it hindered my studies for weightloss became my life and I had to revolve my schedule around working out, eating, snacking and everything else it requires (Not partying or drinking),

BUT I'M READY TO START AGAIN. I don't know where my happy medium of enjoying life and staying fit can equal eachother, but I'm trying to make it a lifestyle, that will stick this time.
  • Blaithin555
    Blaithin555 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I did Insanity once and I loved it. I definitely saw myself gaining muscle but I didn't notice a fat loss, although as my weight/inches didn't change as a result of gaining muscle I assume I must have from somewhere. I did get bored of it though by the end of the second month and I couldn't wait for it to be over - doing the same routines each day just wasn't for me, although I do still do a couple of the videos every now and again to change up my work out.
    But anyway to introduce myself, I'm Katherine! I'm 18 from the UK and I'd love more fitness friends close to my own age too - everyone I have on MFP is older than me and no one seems to really interact or anything. My "real life" friends aren't into fitness and it drives me up the wall that I have no one to talk about health and fitness and such with so I'm glad I found this group!
    That sounds really tough. I always wanted to do it but I used to have training a few times a week anyway so I never had the time...maybe next summer!
    I don't think I said before but Im 18, from Ireland, in 6th year (we have an extra year of school in Ireland) I used to be really fit but with juggling studying, music, sport etc. etc. I got glandular fever and gave up sport. Plus I want to do medicine in college next year which requires all A1s so I've not been exercising and studying waaay too much, eating the quickest food I could get my hands on so naturally enough I put on about 5kg and I intend to lose it before college :P
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    bangbangchoochootrain Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm Imara, 19, and going to be a college sophomore in the fall! I'd really like some friends around my age on here, because a lot of people seem to be older which is, you know, fine but not exactly who I'd talk to IRL. It would also be nice to be friends with College students because I feel like although we technically have more "free" time, because of an erratic schedule, meal plans, homework, and no real income, it makes losing weight a bit more of a challenge.
  • zcb94
    Options
    I'm Imara, 19, and going to be a college sophomore in the fall! I'd really like some friends around my age on here, because a lot of people seem to be older which is, you know, fine but not exactly who I'd talk to IRL. It would also be nice to be friends with College students because I feel like although we technically have more "free" time, because of an erratic schedule, meal plans, homework, and no real income, it makes losing weight a bit more of a challenge.

Understood! I added you yesterday and promise to help all I can!