Options
daybehavior
daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
One Night in Hancock (Part 1)
Difficulty: Normal
Target: Travel to the John Hancock Institute of American History
Combat Mode: Simplified

Overseer Notes:
- There are TWO posts in the initial quest. Please read both before proceeding.

- As always you can bring two weapons, two armor, and one accessory. If you are new and would like to start this quest you will be given loaner equipment.

Armory here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1328937-enclave-armory

Crazy Wolfgang
< Traveling Minstrel and Merchant >

" ♫ ...and I thank GOD, I'm only watching the game, controlling it. Whether it be Iceland...the Phillipines...Hastings...or this place! ♫ Whoa there! Hasn't anyone told you not to sneak up on a wastelander? Unless...you're planning to kill them *he chuckles at you nervously* If you're considering it, I have a better proposition for you.

A very wealthy Brahmin Baron up in Canterbury Commons has been collecting various Pre-War artifacts and paying top dollar for them. I overheard him talking about all his failed attempts at procuring a particular piece of paper. Some ancient document from long, long ago outlining the powers of the government and the rights of the people. What a load of crap!

Still. I imagine we can turn a pretty penny from filling this gap in his collection of worthless nostalgic junk. Whaddya say, friend? Give me one night in Hancock and the world shall be your oyster..."

Quest Objectives
-Travel to the [John Hancock Institute of American History]
-Contact Crazy Wolfgang via Pip-Boy once you reach the museum.
-The itinerary is as follows:
[Hero's Enclave] -- [Annapolis Joint Reserve Base] -- [Winchester Heavy Manufacturing Concern] -- [Alexandria Safe Zone] -- [Newport News Ruins] --[Winston-Salem Ferry Crossing] -- [Lexington Metro Station] -- [Colonial Union Square] -- [John Hancock Institute of American History]

Leg requirements: Going from one location to another counts as a "leg"
-1 mile run/march/walk
-25 sit ups
-20 pushups
-3 minutes of shadow-boxing
-3 minutes of virtual jump rope
-30 jumping jacks
-90s planking
-20 calf raises

You may stop to explore any location between the Enclave and the Museum.

Replies

• daybehavior
    Options
    For this quest you are able to enlist the help of a fellow Enclave member, only if you have completed their respective quest. You can unlock Matt and Megumi here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1356480-side-quest-megumi-my-love
    And Tiner, here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1348538-side-quest-big-trouble-in-tiner-s-town

Select a Hero!

EZ MODE
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPnddlsrXW6V1yJ8cYEAyVED99a3s_u5_ShwYQr0Tiag2N3mUY
    Private Megumi Hamasaki
    Bio: Megumi would be higher up in the Enclave ranks if it weren't for her legendary tantrums and bursts of excessively unnecessary violence.
    Party Role: DPS
    Weapon:
    Epic sword [Sakura Sunrise]: +12 DMG. Increased Critical Strike chance. Double Critical Damage.
    Epic recon suit [Stealth Girl]: +5 DT. Evasion and Speed increased by 50%
    Special Perks: Two-Step Goodbye, Halfway to Heaven

NORMAL MODE
    Tiner3.png
    Petty Officer First Class Jason Tiner
    Bio: As the Overseer's errand boy, Tiner is a bit rusty in front line combat but a dependable and consistent companion.
    Party Role: Ranged / Support
    Equipment:
    Epic rifle: [Calamity Trigger]: + 9 DMG. Chance to hit multiple enemies, chance to disorient enemies.
    Epic uniform: [BlazeBlue]: +5 DT. A replica of [BlazBlu] reinforced with Kevlar. Resists Frost damage. When struck by an enemy, there is a chance that they will be afflicted by Cold Snap.
    Special Perks: Drunken Sailor Style, Target Confirmed!

afghan-phone-o.gif
    Private First Class Matthew McCandliss
    Bio: Megumi's oafish boyfriend. What he lacks in Agility and Intelligence he more than makes up for with raw power and defense.
    Party Role: Tank / Warrior
    Equipment:
    Rare Sledgehammer [Knock Knock]: +8 DMG. Chance to hit enemies twice.
    Rare shotgun [The Irish Place-Setter]: +7 DMG. Chance to hit multiple enemies, chance to knock down enemies.
    Epic power armor [Tesla Armor] +10 DT. Resists all Elemental damage and status ailments.
    Special Perks: Duck and Cover!, Buffalo Stance
  • JunonSailorStyle
    JunonSailorStyle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I'm waiting until I finish Megumi's quest. I think I'll take Tiner with me though. He seems the most balanced.
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Question before starting: what type of weapon is [Public Nuisance]?
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Rare+ [Honey ♂ PUNCH!]: +5 DMG and Rare: [Combat Shotgun]: +6 DMG are my weapons. [Talon Company Merc Armor]: +4 DT and [Boomer's Jumpsuit]: +2 DT, +1 INT are my armor. [Tiner's Neckerchief]: +2 DT. +1 AGI, +1 LCK is my accessory. I will bring Private First Class Matthew McCandliss along with me. I will start the legs of the journey tonight or in the morning.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    @PETER
    Can't wrong with my Tiner...

@LAYLA
    It's a fist weapon (melee) sorry usually I'm usually pretty good at putting the weapon type in the description.

@BRIAN
    Hmm Matt is an interesting choice since your build is tanky as well. You won't really need him until the second phase anyhow. Also, I know you have Matt with you but don't forget you have Double Trouble. You might wanna consider bringing another one-hander to go with [Honey PUNCH!] Just my two pence :P
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    My first choice was Private Megumi Hamasaki, but I didn't want Peter to think I took the EZ Mode and I sure as hell couldn't take the same person as he did. Damn, I did forget about the Double Trouble. Oh well, I made my picks and I will just have to make do with what I picked.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    LOL! Right? I can already tell Peter wouldn't have let you live that one down.
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    S3 P8 E5 C6 I6 A7 L5

Uncommon+ [Murder in Small Town X]: +5 DMG. (Two-Handed) A powerhead loaded with a .357 Magnum round attached to a spear used by fishermen for killing alligators and sharks. Increased damage on waterborne enemies. Benefits from both STR and PER modifiers
    Uncommon+ [Pew-Pew!]: +2 DMG, Chance to hit target twice

Uncommon+ [Boomer's Jumpsuit]: +2 DT, +1 INT

Uncommon [Terrifying Tusk]: +1 DT. Chance to intimidate a random competitor into giving you half of their gold gains for the week

(1) [Sugar Bombs] +5 Action Points

I'm taking Tiner. :)
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Yay two for Tiner! Also Layla, I could've sworn I updated your Armory yesterday, but apparently I didn't. You can go back and check out the stuff you got from the end of Tiner's quest.

Alrighty, let Crazy Wolfgang know when you guys get to the Hancock and we'll start rolling.

Also, there is no need to notate your aid. It is all automatically carried with you.
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    Oh, rock on. Can I please add

[Tiner's Neckerchief]: +2 DT. +1 AGI, +1 LCK. When equipped, enemies now have a chance to drop silver. Set piece 1 of 3. (Tiner's Regalia)

and swap out the Jumpsuit for [Sheriff's Duster] ?
  • JunonSailorStyle
    JunonSailorStyle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Damn straight Brian. I would've boo'ed you until my throat was sore! Serves you right for picking Matt. You clumsy oxes have to stick together :-P

I've always suspected something was going between the Overseer and Tiner. I thought I heard some suspicious grunting noises while I was walking past Tiner's office the other day...
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    First off I want to say that damn them legs to forever to complete. I have completed all exercises for all legs. I went in the order of [Hero's Enclave] -- [Annapolis Joint Reserve Base] -- [Winchester Heavy Manufacturing Concern] -- [Alexandria Safe Zone] -- [Newport News Ruins] --[Winston-Salem Ferry Crossing] -- [Lexington Metro Station] -- [Colonial Union Square] -- [John Hancock Institute of American History]

I stopped and explored every leg of the way. I would have been a little faster, but my partner decided he wanted to get a drink at every stop. I think he might be an alcoholic. He prefers vodka and when he gets drunk, he starts rambling about a night a long time ago with a Russian and an Asian guy. I cut him off before he gets himself into trouble with Private Megumi Hamasaki. I am beginning to think I chose the wrong hero.
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    I've gone through
    [Hero's Enclave] -- [Annapolis Joint Reserve Base] -- [Winchester Heavy Manufacturing Concern] -- [Alexandria Safe Zone]

Stopped to explore the Joint Reserve Base and the Heavy Manufacturing Concern.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    He prefers vodka and when he gets drunk, he starts rambling about a night a long time ago with a Russian and an Asian guy. I cut him off before he gets himself into trouble with Private Megumi Hamasaki.

LMAO! I can't believe you remembered that ^_^; But yea it was meant to be a long trip. I was feeling a bit cruel when I planning the quest :P

Let's Roll em!

[Annapolis Joint Reserve Base] -- Nothing transpires...
    [Winchester Heavy Manufacturing Concern] -- You encounter a Sentry Bot :O 30 jumping jacks + 10 Squats required
    [Alexandria Safe Zone] -- [Silikon Mod Chip]: Permanently add +1 DT to any piece of armor. Increases DMG done against robots.
    [Newport News Ruins] -- Nothing transpires...
    [Winston-Salem Ferry Crossing] -- Nothing transpires...
    [Lexington Metro Station] -- You encounter a Feral Ghoul :O 2 minutes running in place required
    [Colonial Union Square] -- Nothing transpires...

Wow that was a crappy run < shakes random number generator >. Don't forget though if you have 7+ LCK, when nothing transpires, you get another roll. Also there's still part 2 coming up so hopefully you'll get something good.

END ONE NIGHT IN HANCOCK PART 1
  • daybehavior
    Options
    @ LAYLA

Yes you certainly can switch :) Let's see if you do better than Brian.

[Annapolis Joint Reserve Base] -- Nothing transpires....
    [Winchester Heavy Manufacturing Concern] -- You encounter a Sentry Bot :O 30 jumping jacks + 10 squats required.

Sorry >_>
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    All exercises completed.
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    Done, and made it to the [Lexington Metro Station] with a stop to explore [Newport News Ruins].
  • honesthearts
    Options
    LAYLA,

[Newport News Ruins] -- Uncommon+ [Gatling Laser]: +5 DMG. (Two-handed) Chance to hit multiple enemies.

BRIAN

Once Layla finishes we will move on to Part 2 :-)
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    lol, no pressure, eh? :)

Made it to [John Hancock Institute of American History]

Explored both [Colonial Union Square] and [John Hancock Institute of American History] (I think I have the AP if I use my Sugar Bombs?)

Makin' a girl work over here and stuff...
  • honesthearts
    Options
    The museum is going to be the focus of Part 2, so can only explore the Square for now :-)

[Colonial Union Square] -- You find [Psycho] -- increases damage output by 50% for three turns (25% addiction chance) and [Stimpak] restores 30 HP.

Part 2 should be up within the next day or so provided the Overseer is feeling better. You both earn 100 XP and 1 gold for completing part one.

Peter if you're reading I'm not sure what's going on with Megumi's quest because I don't have the notes for it, but I will let him know that you're waiting on him.