That awkward moment

Options
krash999
krash999 Posts: 476 Member
Don't you just love that awkward moment when you meet a person, go on a couple of dates with her, and actually think that you might have a chance with them, only for her to ditch you for your friend while you are out with a large group of friends. Fml. Friend zoned, again..... I should be used to it by now. Guess I'm just too good of a friend, and not date worthy.

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Awww sorry to hear that happened to you. Don't give up though! :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    She has no manners! You're better off without her........... :flowerforyou:
  • krash999
    Options
    Unfortunately, disappointment like that, and worse has been a huge part of my dating life. I should be used to it by now, but I'm not. Sometimes, it just makes you want to give up.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    sorry that happened to you but just to play devil's advocate, did she know that you were on dates?

if you're running into the same situation then it's more probable that there's something you're doing (or not doing) since you're the common denominator
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    When you went out did you call them dates or "let's hang out?". Did you ever try to kiss her or make a move or make your intentions known? Being passive agressive about your feelings for someone isn't letting them know you like them. Maybe she really did think of you as just friends and found someone that actually made a move for her affections.

(Sorry if that sounds harsh)
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sorry this happened to you. If you were friends first, I could see how she could think you were just hanging out unless you made it clear these were dates and you liked her. If you make that clear from the get go and she accepts a second and subsequent dates and then does that, she is wrong. If she thought you were just hanging out as friends, then I can see where she may have thought nothing about what happened.

My boyfriend had apparently had this happen to him in the past because he make it very clear when he asked me out that is was a date. As he put it "a real date like a boy smitten with a girl." We weren't even friends or anything prior, but he just wanted it out there what his intentions were so I didn't mistakening think he was wanting to hangout or just be friends.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Don't you just love that awkward moment when you meet a person, go on a couple of dates with her, and actually think that you might have a chance with them, only for her to ditch you for your friend while you are out with a large group of friends. Fml. Friend zoned, again..... I should be used to it by now. Guess I'm just too good of a friend, and not date worthy.
    Dude, if she couldn't see how awesome you were...her loss, not yours. And BTW 135lbs lost???? Um OMG! You rock.

I would though make sure (and I know it's nerve wracking sometimes) to ensure that the next one knows it's a date, you can do that by making the time super special give her a rose or do something out of your ordinary.

Make sure your "dates" are special her and you time. Not time to be shared with friends, that can come later.

Learn from this, don't beat yourself up over it. :) She got away....it might have been a good thing for various reasons. Keep on keeping on dude!!!
  • krash999
    Options
    well it started out as hanging out with her as a friend, and she knew that i had interest in her. well one of them i ended up with a good night kiss, and we went out to dinner just us. so i thought that it was dates anyway. maybe i was completely off base. one of my good friends who knew about it was telling me she thought that she was just leading me on after everything was said and done. who knows.
  • krash999
    Options
    Dude, if she couldn't see how awesome you were...her loss, not yours. And BTW 135lbs lost???? Um OMG! You rock.

I would though make sure (and I know it's nerve wracking sometimes) to ensure that the next one knows it's a date, you can do that by making the time super special give her a rose or do something out of your ordinary.

Make sure your "dates" are special her and you time. Not time to be shared with friends, that can come later.

Learn from this, don't beat yourself up over it. :) She got away....it might have been a good thing for various reasons. Keep on keeping on dude!!!

Thank you, oh and it was more about 7 months ago, but I've gained about 50 pounds back after being in a funk after my engagement being called off.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Don't give up fella, be the lion in the room, her loss, put it down to experience and show another gal why she is lucky to be on your arm.

I agree with what the @farmers Daughter said, make sure your dates are special 'you and her' time

good luck in the future :)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as the friend zone.

some people are not sexually or romantically attracted to other people. Thems the breaks. Dust yourself off and try again. If this happens to you often, maybe analyze the type of woman you are pursuing.