Maintaining weight!

Options
So, I've reached my goal weight, 150 lbs.. And I've modified my diet from 1200 calories to around 1800 -2000 calories. I don't know if it is a side effect of ending a diet, but, I feel bloated and just overstuffed as I've been trying to eat more to maintain my weight instead of lose it. Could someone with more experience please explain my body's reaction. I don't know if this is all in my head, or if I'm gaining my weight back. Thank you! :)

Replies

• Julieelliott12
    Julieelliott12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When you make the jump of 600cals it's drastic for your body. The recommended way to increase calories is by about 100 per WEEK until you start seeing the scale change and then you know what you max limit is. This can take a while, but it won't hurt your metabolism or cause you to gain the weight back!
  • ActiveYouth
    Options
    Hi there...actually I have found in the first few days of eating more to gain, I was really bloated.

So now I make sure there is a gap of 3-4 hours between each meal.

2 weeks in and today I managed 3600 calories!

Normally breakfast is 2-3 raw or soft boiled organic eggs, and salmon steak with 2 glasses of water

Lunch 2 chicken breast fillets with salad and 1 full container of goats milk yoghurt - natural

2 glasses if water

Dinner with 3 raw or soft boiled eggs, 16oz raw cows milk kefir, salmon steak with cucumber

But today, I ate a whole roast Sainsburys poussin chicken which was 800 calories, 1 jumbo hot dog and 2 chocolate croissants....!

That is clean diet going out the window!

I don't normally eat hot dogs but was at a large church picnic in a park - about 1000 of us with 2 live gospel bands, raffles and tugs of war, bouncy castle for kids, etc....We basically rented out a medium English park, and the weather was just right! We were there for 4 hours and had plenty of fun!

Funny thing is, I was one if the thinnest women there even though I am now 60 kg - 132lbs 5ft 5.

I might need to put on another 14 pounds if not 28lbs to look remotely curvy. Bottom half is English 10, top half 12 because I of baby tummy flab not shifted yet.

I need to do some serious toning to keep in shape.

Tendonitis in left shoulder is on the mend since last October - having Bowen Therapy session to sort it out. Forget surgery!