Introduction

Options
redrose129
redrose129 Posts: 57 Member
HI All,

I can see this group is NOT active, lol....but I wanted to say Hi. I'm happy to know there are people I can identify with :) Happy weightloss for all!!!

Replies

• shalysewrightbethea
    shalysewrightbethea Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sad I would really like for this group to be active.
  • redrose129
    Options
    hey shalysewright!! I totally agree!!! xoxo
  • Willow_Raine
    Willow_Raine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    HI! My name is Willow, and I've been poly forever. <3<3<3 I would also like to see the group be 'active'. I have a bunch of poly friends and will post this to a private site. Maybe we can get something going.
  • redrose129
    Options
    hi willowfrosty, what I find most interesting is there seems to be an interest, but for some reason, there's just no action. :( Welcome!!! ;)
  • redrose129
    Options
    see.....
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Just joined. Kind of bummed that there is not more going on in the group.

Anyway, HI ALL~ :flowerforyou:
  • redrose129
    Options
    hi HMD7703 ;) I gave up on the group but every once in a while, I check in. Nice to meet you.
  • kalitime
    kalitime Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi group!

I'm KaliTime. I'm 32 years old and I live near Baltimore, Maryland. I'm taking the plunge and trying to lose all this extra weight I'm carrying around. So far, this site has been really good at showing me where I've been going wrong, which is a boon. I'm hoping that using it will aid me in getting on the right track in diet and exercise. :smile:

Now, if I could just leave the licorice all sorts alone... :blushing:
  • redrose129
    Options
    Hi Kalitime <3 Welcome.
  • kalitime
    kalitime Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! :)
  • redrose129
    Options
    Your welcome, glad you could join,...., its a shame this is such a dead board. I haven't even checked in a month and the last comment was mine, lmbo!!!
  • HMD7703
    Options
    Checking in.

:flowerforyou:

How many of you go to local Poly Meet & Greets?
    I go locally, but it is the same group of people every single month. We cover every topic under the sun but it leaves me wanting new members. I just have to wonder if people are scared to be active (much like this board) or if there is really that few interested in Poly.

Thoughts?
  • WillowLorraine
    WillowLorraine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow how great to find this group!!!! My name is Willow. I'm in a poly relationship but at the moment neither of us has other partners (we are working on it!) I need to lose about 75lbs. Its a long journey...I've been through this before and know what to do, the trick is continuing to do it!
  • WillowLorraine
    WillowLorraine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I go to a meetup/discussion group locally but I've only been about three times. So far I really like it. Hopefully the membership and topics wont get stale! I'll keep you posted
  • redrose129
    Options
    woah!!! I am so surprised there was movement in this forum...I gave up on it after my last post!!! I am poly. I was living in a poly relationship with another married woman....but we broke up a year ago. We are still somewhat friends. lol. it's difficult to explain. I haven't gone to any meetups because it seems like everytime I meet someone I have been chatting with, all of a sudden they "lose" my number and I never hear from them again. I just assumed it's because I'm fat and ugly. Once I lose some more weight....I'll try again. I'm married to an amazing husband and was dating a great girlfriend.
  • shalysewrightbethea
    Options
    We used to to to meetups as a triad but she and I got busy and he wont go without one or both of us. Being busy is the same reason I haven't been on MFP in 7 months or dated anyone other than my fiance and gf.
  • HMD7703
    Options
    I have attended plenty of my local meetings but the majority of the people are married couples, slightly older, and only looking for their "unicorn". At the time, my partner and I were what I would consider truly Poly - no restrictions on gender or who/how they were in involved. (EX many couples only want someone for both partners, or only a female etc). Anyway, the meetings got a bit boring to me. Also, I noticed there was a huge difference in the social groups we all ran in... (Ex. there was the BDSM crew that all knew each other and the Sci-Fi type people - IDK what to really call these people - gamers or something).

Anyway, there are many ways and places to find people that are Poly.. Facebook, Poly websites (dating), even non-Poly dating websites (just be honest about your situation) and my favorite - in person / networking / social outings etc.

:flowerforyou:
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    So awesome that there is a group for poly folks on here!
  • Jrichards1712
    Jrichards1712 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    boo im sad noone posts in here but just in case anyone wants more buddies to stay motivated with .... hi!!
  • Snugglebunny217
    Options
    Hello! I'm super excited to be joining this group. I do feel like polys have some unique challenges when it comes to dieting and weight loss, and I'm glad to have somewhere to discuss it.

So, my story:

- At my top weight in January 2012, I was 176 pounds. I clocked in this morning at 134.
    - I discovered in January 2012 that I was gluten intolerant and spent a year learning how to live with that. By the end of the year, it became obvious that my food allergies had been hiding an eating disorder.
    - I went into treatment for eating disorder in January 2013 and exited treatment in October 2013. I did Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and I feel like it was wildly successful. I wish I had learned some of those emotion regulation techniques much earlier in life!

I lost both my primary-type relationships this summer, one on June 6th and the other on July 4th. The splits were unrelated and have really thrown my life up into the air. I still have one secondary-type relationship with a man who is married and has a toddler. I'm close with his whole family.

I'm doing myfitnesspal and fitbit to help track what I'm doing and be able to focus on eating healthy and safely. I have a habit of putting my head in the sand when it comes to my eating when I am behaving in non-mindful ways or using it to manage my emotions instead of being present with them. It's my hope that using these tools, I will be able to keep a more objective eye on my behavior and give myself the accountability I need.

It's nice to meet you all!