Pre packed snacks you cannot live without

Options
karentalty
karentalty Posts: 52 Member
Hello!

I try and eat fresh as much as possible but that is not always feasible as I work a lot and spend too much time on public transport so being in the office with a fridge is a treat! I was wondering if there are pre packed snacks (from health food shops or supermarkets) that you love and rely on!

I think I need to stock up on new treats as my snack drawer currently has naughty Oreo biscuits and tasty yet very bad for you chocolate filled crepes!

I love fresh fruit but can't get used to dried fruit yet. Tastes too sweet.

Suggestions welcome!

Replies

• TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I keep a few boxes of go ahead yoghurt breaks and chocolate thins in my snack drawer and limit myself to one slice with my mid morning coffee. Sometimes have the other slice with the mid-afternoon coffee if I'm peckish. Sometimes?! who am I kidding!! just had the second one!! :glasses:
  • alansturge1981
    alansturge1981 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Afternoon!

I have just found NUME food! I went to a picnic the other day so was searching the supermarkets for anything low cal I could have and came across this brand. They do packets of "crisps" amongst loads of other things but the crisps are vegetables.

Nume beetroot crisps - 1 bag, 62 calories
    Nume apple crisps - 1 bag, 68 calories
    Nume carrot crisps - 1 bag, 79 calories

ooh and goji berries - 30g, 108 calories......and 30g is a lot as they are little dried thingies!

This may not be what you are looking for but they are tasty and I found them in Morrisons so are easy to get.
  • karentalty
    Options
    Brilliant suggestions-thanks!

I have a morrisons nearby so I will venture forth this weekend!

I like the idea of dividing out the cereal bar over two sittings but I don't know if I have the willpower!
  • MissPerfect2012
    MissPerfect2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Propercorn salted, sweet/salted, or coconut and vanilla popcorn

Snack a jacks

Nakd bars

Protein bars/flapjacks
  • scb515
    scb515 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    M&S are doing 'taste of summer' picnic food at the moment, 3 for £6. I love the spiced butternut squash pastries (125 cals for 2) and the red pepper and feta rolls (130 cals for 2). They taste like treats and fit into my calorie allowance easily.
  • karentalty
    Options
    I am off to m&s after work!
  • scb515
    Options
    I'm actually nibbling on one of those red pepper and feta rolls now. They are so delicious.

If M&S discontinue them at the end of the summer, I shall be grumpy. They used to do a count on us 4 cheese ravioli and eat well pack of stuffed mushrooms which I can't find in any of their branches now. Those were yummy (lazy) meals while they lasted!

Happy shopping!:)
  • cokefloat1
    cokefloat1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    M&S mini strawberry tarts! Not too high in cals either :-)
  • FatJockSing
    FatJockSing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerky
    pepperami
    Protein Pancakes (homemade)
    Rice cakes
    Almonds
    Hard Goats cheese

I am lucky I dont have any food that I really cant say NO to - so I go for "IIFYM" food plan which opens up a WORLD of snack options!!!
  • scb515
    Options
    I have just discovered vegetarian sushi. It's really low calorie and low fat - picked up a pack by 'Taiko Sushi' from Waitrose, only 150 cals. Picked up some picnic snacks from Sainsbury's, if they're any good, I'll let you know. :)

I just don't have time to cook at the moment, plus pre-packed snacks are really easy to log accurately. :)
  • Voww
    Voww Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just discovered and really love Florida's Natural Fruit Juice Nuggets from Morrisons, there's six small packs in a bag in different flavours, they're only small but chewy and really flavoursome, low in cals, great as a topping on oatmeal or yoghurt too, suitable for veggies/vegans. Less healthy but scrummy treats I love too are Tesco/Morrisons maple syrup oaty granola bars, Panda liquorice bars, Jamesons Raspberry Ruffles - all around 100-200 cals
  • hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Babybel cheese.

That is all.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong I just ate a 6 month out of date dried mango pre-packaged snack? :laugh: :blushing:
  • karentalty
    Options
    ^^ I wouldn't say it's wrong...you may see it again later though!

I adore babybel! They are small, quick and yum!