Do you have any mini-goals?

Options
2»

Replies

• LydiaZembower
    LydiaZembower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It's funny that you want to lose the same amount of weight in 2 months. I wish us both the best and hope we succeed.
    I am starting Max in school again on Thursday since his friends are starting then. Hopefully, we get 2 months of schooling in before vacation as well. Going to try to do Math and Spelling everyday and 6 days worth of one other subject and test on it. Then go to the next one for the next few days. Eight subjects a day seems like enough as that is how many he usually has done and would do normally if we did a day's work. They don't care how we do it as long as it is done in a timely way. Another way would be do 5 days of work in 4 days. Or just the normal 7-8 classes each day. I will see which one we like better.
    Good luck in getting your goals met.
  • tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Love seeing the mini goals! Wow! 18 #s in 2 months! I once could do that but as I approach 60 it gets much harder.

I finished 30 Day Shred and started back over with higher weights, doing each level for 7 days. Yesterday was day 44, I have only missed one day, a day I just wasn't feeling well.
    It has been a tad cooler here, at least in the mornings, so Daisy and I are getting at least a couple of miles in the morning and about a mile or so at night.
    Doesn't look like I will make the mini goal of size 14s comfortable by next Wednesday when we leave for Alaska. I will just move that goal to Alabama kick off day...the day my Crimson Tide of the University of Alabama goes back on the field. I LOVE me some college football!
  • djcangel
    djcangel Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    New Mini Goal for Me for the Month of August: Add time to morning walks working back up to 1 hour each.
    Add 2 more elliptical 5 minute workouts working up to 30 minutes total a day.

If the weather cooperates I should have no problem with the hour walk in the mornings, I used to do that every day before I got my elliptical. The elliptical 'I Love' but it will be an effort for me to add the two more fivers, I haven't been able to add to the length of time that I can stay on it at one time...five minutes seems to be the limit (at least for now) that my back can handle being continuous on it. So by adding the extra two times I think I can handle it.

Good Luck Everyone....and...HAPPY AUGUST...:happy:
  • janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! I go for my annual exam tomorrow and am anxious for the blood results, etc. I always get worked up over this stuff. I'm trying to do my exercises every day and not have excuses!! Once I return to work I will not have so much time for it. Again, it shouldn't be an excuse. My "mini" goal for this week is to be 100% on plan, eat more vegetarian meals, and use only low carb veggies. This way I can really enjoy my vacation and not have to worry if I indulge in some foods not allowed on my diet.
  • DarrylsGinger
    DarrylsGinger Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've heard of the 30 Day Shred but don't know what it is or if I could even do it. But sounds like you're rocking it!

Dj.. as you strengthen your back muscles the elliptical will hopefully become easier to use for longer intervals. Good luck!

Vacation.. it's odd but when I did the whirlwind trip to Florida/Disney/etc I saw lots of foods that a year ago I would have scarfed down. But this time since I've been doing so well this summer and my goals are firmly entrenched in my head I would see the ice cream, give it credit for looking fabulously delicious, and then just walk past it with a smile and no regrets. I didn't even feel deprived... just accomplished and a wee bit proud of myself. I'm just hoping that means my mind and body are working together to keep me on track and in control of my health this time. (BTW, I'm not talking about having the occasional piece of bday cake and dwelling on it forever about "falling off the wagon".. I'm talking about waking up to find my motivation has left the building.. definitely don't want that to happen.)

Peace to you all!
    Sandy
  • djcangel
    Options
    @ Jan, Best of Luck with your Dr. appt. I hope all of your results are good. It is great that you have been able to keep up with your exercising, maybe you can figure some way to exercise on breaks or lunch after you return to work. I wish you well on your mini goal and hope you get to splurge guilt free on your upcoming vacation. Have a Super Week! dj
  • thin4me59
    Options
    Sandy, I just love your positive attitude. After a day like today it puts a smile on my face.:happy:

DJ- hope your back gets better. I am currently struggling with a blister on my heel. :mad: I have good shoes, wear cushioned socks and it is still occurring. So much so that I couldn't get a shoe on this morning. I had surgery there 3 years ago and there has always been a bump there.(Shows you how long its been since I did any regular exercise) Might have to go back to the Dr. to find out what can be done.

It was a tough day at work today,BUT I resisted chocolate frosted brownies, chocolate chips cookies, oatmeal scotchies and all the other catering foods! Whoot whoot - but it is the positive feedback and reading about all you and what you accomplish each day, along with your struggles that keeps me going. THANKS!:flowerforyou:

Darlene
  • djcangel
    Options
    Sandy- CONGRATS on the CONTROL!!! It's Working!!! We are changing our attitudes and accepting the healthy lifestyle as NORMAL!!! You are doing GREAT!!! :smile:

Jan- I hope you Dr. appt. went well, when will you know the results...prayers to you for ALL GOOD NEWS. :flowerforyou:

Darlene- A BIG GIANT KUDO'S to YOU for just sayin no to all those goodies, U R My inspiration!! Hope the foot heals up soon, I can empathize, I've been walking with a crack on my heal for the last couple of days...ouch. :drinker:

Yea, the scale moved down a little this morning, Onward and Downward! Here's to Hearing more from ALL of US, and Seeing LESS of ALL of US!!! Happy Hump Day! :tongue:
  • LydiaZembower
    LydiaZembower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sandy, So proud that you were able to skip the ice cream. If it's a flavor I love, I would have a problem.

Darlene, you can exercise at home and not wear any shoes. I usually don't wear them indoors when I do DVDs.

DJ, For a crack on your heel, use one of the tools that get rid of hard skin. I have several that I use. Then after getting rid of the hard skin, put on some cream or antiseptic cream. That is the only way you can get them better quick. I have them occasionally as well. Try getting Joint Advantage Gold from the internet offered by Dr. David Williams! If you sign up, they will give you a coupon too. I found that helps with my bad back.

Hope everyone is doing well. Looks like my vacation plans are starting to take form. Looks like I may be flying earlier to Florida, Sept. 17. Hope my son will have figured out what he wants to do by the time I get there. He is graduating with his BS in Film. He is trying to do his Masters in London. Maybe do Computer Gaming or work in Film somewhere.
  • djcangel
    Options
    Hey Lydia, thanks for the tips, I usually keep the feet filed, but slipped my mind this time. I will look into that joint advantage gold, although I do not know if it will help a totally demolished disc in my back. Wow, your vacation is like right around the corner. Florida is so great, will you be visiting the coastal area? Congratulations to your son on his BS in Film, how exciting that must be. And best of luck to him getting to travel to jolly ole London for his Masters. Have a great weekend coming up.
  • janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    TGIF all! I am off for my vacation. I will try to check in here now and then. Have a good week! I can't guarantee I will stay true to my program, but I am going to try very hard not to go crazy. Wishing everyone a great week!
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    how is everyone doing with their mini goals?
  • DarrylsGinger
    DarrylsGinger Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have 5 weeks to lose 12 pounds... not sure that i'll make that one but it will hopefully be very close!

Sandy
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Never hurts to shoot for the stars! Wish you much success Sandy! :flowerforyou: