Need some friends Surgery 5/6/2014

Options
Malesha1726
Malesha1726 Posts: 5 Member
I am in need of some friends to help me along. I had surgery on 5/6/2014 and have lost 55 pounds. I have been at a standstill for 2 weeks. Just in need of some comparrison for meals and calories. I typically have around 800 calories a day. Maybe needing to up that to start my loss again. I walk three to four times a week on my lunch breaks along with taking the stairs. I have recently added dumbell weights to my exercise regimin. I also have an 18 month old so I don't typically have a ton of time to devote to myself. Thanks all!

Replies

• garayjoh
    garayjoh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is a long period of time to not notice a shift in weight especially during the first 6 months but it is not entirely unheard of. The first question I must ask is, are you being honest with your self in regards to your diet? Are you drinking enough water? Are you adhering to the protein first rule? How often and at what time are you weighing your self? Remember that adding weights will increase muscel which weights more then fat, so you might off set weight loss, but still look trimmer and actually be burning more calories that you are unaware of.

On the day of my surgery, I was 295 which means I have dropped 54.5 lbs since my surgery. I was 324 lbs when I started keeping track of caloric intake which brings my total weight lost to 83.2 lbs. So based on my progress, you are right on track. Maybe up your caloric intake to 1,200 two days out of the week to shock your body when you return down to 800. This is an old body building trick which prevents starvation mode from lowering your metabolic engine.

Lastly, invest in a polar loop & H7 heart rate monitor. I wear mine every day and keep track of my heart rate / kilo-calorie burn. This is how I calculate my daily caloric output. Aside from that I suggest making walking at least 10,000 steps a daily routine. There is a tremendous benefit to this, not only does it raise your core temperature which I am sure will feel great, cause since the surgery I am FREEZING all the time, but it will keep the engine humming, and that means more burn.

Keep up the good work and be honest with everything you consume. Even if I cheat and have a cookie, or a dove ice cream bar, I enter it and make sure I burn it off with a 90 minute elliptical training session. The sleeve is a tool, it will not change your habits. You have to change the habits and make them your norm.