Introductions

Options
Hey Y'All!
It's been awhile since anyone has posted and I'm new to the group, but not Albuquerque. So, anyone want to tell their story?

Replies

• mamawolfen68
    mamawolfen68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been trying rather unsuccessfully to lose this weight but have been reinspired by a friend, so here's to us all meeting our goals in 2014!
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Been doing this for a few years now --- lost 65lbs and put some back on, so now I'm trying to get back into the grove of things! You?
  • tatiana0619
    tatiana0619 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just recently started to motivate myself to get healthy and fit after my mom was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. I see her struggles and felt like I could be there in a couple of years if I continue eating unhealthy and staying inactive.

Would love to meet some people that are on the same boat so we can motivate each other!
  • samspam1023
    samspam1023 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've lived in ABQ for almost 4 years, and in New Mexico for 13 years. I grew up in the Midwest but moved here in high school. I'm married to a lifelong ABQ resident.

I've been a bigger girl (overweight, but not obese) since childhood, and when I was younger I was athletic enough to still be mostly healthy. Now I'm finished with school and in a desk job, and at the end of last year my weight got to my all-time highest. I was also diagnosed about 6 months ago with an egg allergy, which caused me digestive issues for several years.

I'm devoting myself to building healthy habits both for myself and for my husband, whose picky eating and unhealthy diet has come a long way in the 1 1/2 years since we got married.

I hate gyms, but I'm trying out Defined Fitness tomorrow. Wish me luck!
  • erinkhalsa
    erinkhalsa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I see no one has posted in a while, I hope this group still has some active members. I've been living in Albuquerque for a year now. My husband is from Espanola and we decided to move here for school when he got out of the Navy. I started running about 4 months ago. I'm now up to running about 13-16 miles a week. I would like to focus more on weightlifting though. I am an exercise science major, currently at CNM but transferring to UNM after this year. So that means I haven't taken all the fancy exercise classes to really know what I'm doing. I have a weight bench and a weight set (only 100 lbs though) at home. I'd like to get into a gym, preferably the UNM gym because it's $40 a semester if you're a CNM student, or spouse of UNM student, and you really can't beat that price. I'd like to find a weightlifting buddy. I lift about 3 times a week at home right now, but pretty light and not as structured as I'd like to be. If I had a lifting buddy I'd say let's go this day, this day, do this and this. Female only.
  • mallisaunders
    Options
    Hi everyone. I haven't been on MFP in a while so I am just starting to get back on track. Erinkhalsa, I may be interested in an exercise/ lifting buddy here soon. I have a membership to Planet Fitness and can bring guests for free. I have also used the UNM gym but it tends to get busy during peak hours sometimes.