Looking for Sleeve Friends

Options
Hi, just scheduled my Pre Op appointment and Gastric Sleeve Surgery today! I'm both nervous and excited. Can't wait to start this journey to a healthier me!

I'm looking for a support group that has been there/ done that who can offer pointers and advice along the way. :smile:

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have found a spot of niceness and support! What I did when I found this group is to go back and read through a few pages of recent topics, then pick out some folks who seem to be helpful and interesting, and are at various stages of the process. Ask lots of questions, add some friends and join us!

I am about two months away from my surgery (Sept 30), doing well in my pre-op stuff (today is 100 days since I started) and looking forward to my big day!

When is your surgery date?

Rob
  • acturney
    acturney Posts: 19
    Options
    September 3rd.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! I was sleeved 1/27/14 and have found a lot of support and info in this group. :)
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Acturney: Like every one said, Welcome! Rob as a great point there is lots to read and learn, ask questions what is what we are all here for. I was sleeved in Feb.2011. Good luck, you will be surprised at the changes that await you. :smile:
  • msbubbles2uu
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new to here trying to find information on the gastric sleeve.im going for my second consultation tomorrow and I'm scared to death! (Didn't care for the first place). Some days I'm ready to do this now and others I'm terrified. I've ready the good bad and ugly and have mixed emotions. Help!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new to here trying to find information on the gastric sleeve.im going for my second consultation tomorrow and I'm scared to death! (Didn't care for the first place). Some days I'm ready to do this now and others I'm terrified. I've ready the good bad and ugly and have mixed emotions. Help!
    My best advice is go to your local post op support group if you are still shopping around, deciding which procedure you want, or generally scared witless. If you have a specific question post it here and you will get good feedback. My food diary is open as is my profile so feel free to look at what I eat.
  • msbubbles2uu
    Options
    Thank you so much! I'm going to have the sleeve for sure, it's just finding the right doctor...
  • bethkallastrask
    bethkallastrask Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Sleeved 6 months ago. Lost 76 pounds of the 100 they want me to lose. Best decision ever. No complications here, no food intolerance. :) Loving life again.
  • acturney
    acturney Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
  • calgurl855
    Options
    Hi! I am scheduled for surgery on August 28th :)
  • ErinCoury
    ErinCoury Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 4/14/14 and don't regret it! i am happy to be friends with anyone who needs some courage and support. i will always need support
  • kskallen
    kskallen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am still in pre-op phase, looking to have gastric sleeve late October -early November. Would love to find other people who have gone through this for support!
  • IndigoGirl26
    Options
    My surgery is next Monday, 8/11, so I'm seven days into the pre-op shake diet. Hoping the next seven days pass quickly!
  • Lorie269
    Lorie269 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am a year out from my sleeve surgery and I am at goal. I do not track that consistently here but please feel free to add me as a friend for questions or support.

Good luck!
  • Choppy1973
    Options
    Welcome. I was sleeved on 11/6/13 and use this site (mostly app) daily. It is part of my new life. I found a YouTube channel called OneLifeToSleeve very helpful. There are others out there as well that are good. Good luck. Feel free to ask any questions. I can't answer the tmi lady questions but there are plenty of others who can.
  • Tamk1964
    Options
    Welcome! The journey you are about to embark upon will be both exciting and a little bit scary at times. I am almost one year out - my "surgiversary" is 8/16. I was an absolute mess prior the surgery - just so afraid of the surgery itself and wondering is this would really work - when so many "diets" had failed for me in the past. It's not cliche when people say that they wish they had done this sooner. To this day, I still seek support and advice from others. This place is great!
  • orcc
    orcc Posts: 5
    Options
    Had my sleeve July 31st, so happy I did! I have lost 7 pounds already, and I am surprised how good I feel! It's been great. Good luck to you!
  • ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I was sleeve on 7/29, just a little over a week ago. I am on the liquid diet but tomorrow I get to start full liquids, which I am super excited about! I also recommend going through the list of posts and reading the topics. You will get a lot of your questions answered, including ones you didn't know you had! Good luck to you on your journey!
  • sarahViolet1977
    sarahViolet1977 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I joined about a month ago and have found so much fabulous information and a great group of people. I was sleeved 7/23 and just started the purée phase.
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hit me up. I will reveal all. LOL Good luck to you!