Sleeve Scheduled 9/3/14

Options
Hi, just scheduled my Pre Op appointment and Surgery today! I'm both nervous and excited. Can't wait to start this journey to a healthier me!

I'm looking for a support group that has been there/ done that who can offer pointers and advice along the way. :smile:

Replies

• ChaCha575
    ChaCha575 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am schedule for my pre-op for the gastric sleeve Aug 13th and my surgery is Aug 19. I am just a little bit nervous and extremely excited. Operation get my sexy back is right around the corner. Im not looking forward to the pain but no pain no gain. My mom and sister both had the gastric sleeve and have been very successful!!
  • WeightlossTraveler653
    Options
    I'm 9 weeks post op and the best forum I've found is ThinnertimesForum.com. Congratulations on your weight loss journey and good luck!
  • miasmommy21407
    miasmommy21407 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have my pre-op appointment on Thursday and my surgery on Friday! I'm SUPER excited and also extremely nervous!! Good luck to you!!!
  • WeightlossTraveler653
    Options
    Congratulations on making this big decision and going through with it. See you on the other side.:flowerforyou:
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    How have you all been doing post-surgery? I am about 4 1/2 weeks out and have been feeling pretty good --- just get tired quickly which they say is normal. Still have to chart everything (stats, meds, fluids, protein) or else I forget something. Getting really tired of the very limited menu my surgeon uses until week 7 (broths, protein drinks, sf jello, sf popsicles, fish, low fat cheeses, and eggs --- that is all) and I did have a little soft chicken the other day. I just could not take another egg or another bit of tuna!
  • keewarrior
    Options
    I can relate with the tiredness. Had surgery on 10/1 and getting the energy back has been the biggest issue. A 20 minute walk zaps me. I understand I am just coming off surgery and that I am only consuming 600-800 calories a day, but it is frustrating. Just got over my first plateau as my body adjusted to the lower calorie intake and hopefully the energy level will follow.

Otherwise, I do not regret my decision. Everything has been better than expected and I have even started eating some soft foods. Doctor didn't mind as long as it was moist. Fish (trout, tilapia) has been the go to and it certainly kicks the heck out of tuna. Started real chicken this week and that went done ok with plenty of mayo.