Welcome and Introductions - "10 lbs. by September 1st."

Options
1013carl
1013carl Posts: 376 Member
Welcome and Introductions - "10 lbs. by September 1st."

…AND THE CHALLENGE CONTINUES… Now until September 1st.

This is a continuation of the 10 lbs. by June challenge... And a new beginning!
Here we reset...
1.) Our start weight to our current weights.
2.) Establish out new goals for this challenge

Everyone is welcome to join.... Let's get busy! :happy:

Carl -

This Group and Topic are a continuation from the May group named “10lbs. By June”.

Where it all Started? It was a jay_taay idea, so all credit to her…
It appears that DEPick who originally built the site has deactivated his MFP account.

Anyone wanting to participate is welcome to join the group. Our goal is “10lbs By July”
Please make a posting here and introduce yourself!

In the group there are 2 topics to start with. One for posting your “Daily Workouts”, and the other one for you to post your “Weekly Weigh-Ins”.

Take it from there and add as needed. Any other related topics or member discussions are encouraged.

Enjoy yourselves, help each other, and Good Luck to you!

Replies

• 1013carl
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Carl and this group is a great place to be if you are willing to support others!

That's what we do here! Everyone is Welcome to join.

Ready.... Set.... GO!
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Morning Carl. I love this group and such good friends!

My name is Ann. Im in Southern California but around a lot !

Time to get this done! Yay!
  • Dee9394
    Dee9394 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    SW: 212
    CW: 161
    I'm happy to be in this group again! My goals for this month has changed a little. I'm aiming to lose from 6-8 lbs this month, but if I lose 10 lbs, I would be ecstatic. I would also like to increase my mph in the C25K program. I think that I'm ready to include more "friends" in my journey, so look out for friend request.
  • 1013carl
    Options
    Dee,

Your success of loosing 50+ lbs. is nothing short of Fabulous!

Doing that with minimal support is a testimony to your own inter strength! Reaching out and taking on additional friends, I believe will be rewarding for you, and help amplify your feelings of success and satisfaction. Not to mention... the help others receive from your support efforts.

I want to say "Welcome", or give you [[[[[ Hugs }}}} for taking this step... but all along I've felt and considered you as a friend!

Let's get busy and make this a great month!

Carl -
  • antrobin
    antrobin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    and I will not give up. I stay with the group. Last month was an emotional disaster, I spent sometime reflecting on what the issue is and I have made some progress on that front. Big challenge this month is a vacation week spent at a family wedding. No pressure there:frown: 2 pounds a week I can do this with the help from this group. Thanks for being here:flowerforyou:
  • 1013carl
    Options
    [antrobin wrote: ]
    and I will not give up. I stay with the group. Last month was an emotional disaster, I spent sometime reflecting on what the issue is and I have made some progress on that front. Big challenge this month is a vacation week spent at a family wedding. No pressure there:frown: 2 pounds a week I can do this with the help from this group. Thanks for being here:flowerforyou:r
    No doubt Robin is doesn't just happen... it requires effort, commitment and staying focused... as a minimum that goes for every one of us! Then we get to support one another....

You are a driven individual with a lot of inter strength... I admire that too, but.... we all have our struggles and weaknesses. Doing this is well within your ability! Wanting it bad enough alone will not make it happen. So, get your action plan together, and executing it, is what it's going to take!

We'll be here to help and support you during your struggles.... that is why it's so rewarding (for others) when you hit a milestone or achieve a Personal Goal.

This is a New Month and Beginning, take a breath and let's make today the best it can be!

Carl -
  • aseymour13
    Options
    SW: 212
    CW: 161
    I'm happy to be in this group again! My goals for this month has changed a little. I'm aiming to lose from 6-8 lbs this month, but if I lose 10 lbs, I would be ecstatic. I would also like to increase my mph in the C25K program. I think that I'm ready to include more "friends" in my journey, so look out for friend request.

Yeah you!!!
  • aseymour13
    Options
    and I will not give up. I stay with the group. Last month was an emotional disaster, I spent sometime reflecting on what the issue is and I have made some progress on that front. Big challenge this month is a vacation week spent at a family wedding. No pressure there:frown: 2 pounds a week I can do this with the help from this group. Thanks for being here:flowerforyou:

Robin - you are amazing my friend!!! Any time any where - I'm there! We can do this!
  • super03mom
    super03mom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Count me in I love this group and all of the encouraging friends
    Thanks Carl!!
  • robster160
    robster160 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi all - slow to chime in this month. This is a great idea, Carl. Thanks for setting it up again.

SW (August 1): 226
    CW: 228
    GW (Sept 1): 220

Of course 216 would be sweet! But realistically 220 would make me quite happy :) I see my doc for a checkup on the 29th and 220 is my goal for that day.

I had a very active July but so far in Aug I have been feeling the pits. Gotta get back on the horse.

Hope everyone is having a great day :)
This discussion has been closed.