Attempt the August 2014 Challenge!

Options
davemunger
davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
Welcome to the MFP runners' Team Challenge! Each month we set running goals and then track our miles and encourage each other to keep it up. Check in here for

August!

To join us, all you need to do is visit the spreadsheet below and record your information on the first tab. The second tab tallies the results.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkmK3myW0PepdElUY1doRDFQQ1dwWGJHaE9LUXFFYlE

To get started, you need to enter your name and your GOAL for August. Let us know in the comments if you have any difficulties doing this. Then, enter your mileage each day. Everything should be automatically tallied on the second page of the spreadsheet -- please DON'T edit the second page!. Let us know if it's not working and we'll fix it!

Important: Enter your name/goal at the bottom of the list; we'll sort it periodically. It doesn't work to add a name to the middle!

*** Spreadsheet:

As usual -- to refresh the spreadsheet -> click the refresh :happy: button on your browser, or try CTRL+R then CTRL + F5 a couple of times if you are using the Windows OS, or replace the CTRL key with Command key if you are on a MAC, or, Command+R and then Command+Shift+R on a MAC. We will try to update this a few times each week, or you can always visit the Google Doc spreadsheet to see the latest!

( --- refresh browser for latest copy --- )

August:
Aug_MFP.png

July:
July_MFP.png

Replies

• RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I ran 226 miles in July. My goal was 220. yay :)
    I think 250 for August will be good. Marathon is at the end of September.
  • davemunger
    Options
    Crazy month with a lot of travel and a huge race. I really have no idea what I will end up doing but I'm throwing out 200 as a goal. The real goal is finishing the Pike's Peak Marathon August 17. Everything else is gravy!
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm going with 186.41 miles this month. Odd number, but it's 300km for this metric girl! This would be my biggest month ever. Let's crush it!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^ bleh! Canadians. :-)

I hope to bust out another 200+ mile month in August. If the weather stays like it did this morning, I will! I will attempt another 200.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I'm popping back in after a few months off for tri season - I am ramping mileage back up for the fall, so I'll only shoot for 80 this month.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Going for 200. There are about 205 miles in my plan.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Newb here! Gonna shoot for 75 as running is not my only form of cardio or activity.
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Ditto what Elizabeth said! My plan calls for 214 at the lowest range. I am aiming for 200. So far, I've done 2 of these challenges. Nailed the first one, failed the second. Once I get 'er done in August, my successes will outweigh my failures. I like it that way :)
  • suetorrence
    suetorrence Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My physical therapist is finally allowing me to do some running outside - rather than on the AlterG machine - but is limiting the actual running time. So, with that limitation, I am going to put myself down for only 30 miles this month.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Encouraged by the last couple of weeks, I'm going to throw 150 miles out there! This will be my second biggest month ever (I think).
  • rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am back in for August with a 150 mile goal. I was nursing a hip flexor strain in June and didn't want a mileage goal in July.
  • pjcapps
    pjcapps Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would like to participate in August for 50 miles.

08/02/14 - 4 miles complete.
  • julie_emma1
    Options
    Trying for 100 yet again!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I am in! Of-course! I can't decide on my mileage. I am going to go for 150, I hope. :smile: Doing a 12 week Achilles treatment program, first week complete tomorrow, and it is responding. YAY. :drinker: OK to run, but need to be careful. :sad: but that is so much better than no running :bigsmile:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Gonna go for another two hundo
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Productive weekend has me eager to do 150 miles! altho, I've had that goal twice so far without making it. a summer with no ultras keeps my training miles down. not complaining, tho, I needed a rest.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    I am there trying :)

Will aim for 70 miles - I have a sore hip ?cause but doc says to back off a bit - really missed my long run last Sunday - cycling is just not the same
  • davemunger
    Options
    Updated the spreadsheet for August. Looks like folks are making great progress! I'm currently tapering for the Pike's Peak Marathon on August 17 so my mileage will take a bit of a dip this week. Not sure I'll make my goal this month because I'm doing a lot of traveling but I'll give it a shot!

Aug_MFP.png
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I was really sick at the beginning of the month so I didn't get a chance to run until Aug. 9. I am back on track. I lost days to get miles in so I am going to say my goal is 130.
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 80 miles. I know we're half way into the month already, but better late than never, right?:happy: