No pain, no gain

Options
The addage, "No pain, no gain," DOES NOT always apply to Insanity.

I'm wondering if anyone is feeling sore in specific areas of their body. During the stretching, my knees cannot tolerate the full capacity of a quad stretch, so I do the recommended one Shaun T. demonstrates. I have several friends who have given up on Insantity due to ignoring joint pains, resulting in them getting worse. If you begin to feel discomfort or pain in a joint, back off and modify the exercise or stretch it so you don't feel the pain.

Replies

• All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Oh thank god. I saw the topic and thought, "Oh please, no. Don't say that!"

I completely agree with you. Only do what your body is telling you it can do. Pushing through to finish because you are tired is one thing. Pushing through pain or strain will only hurt you. And then you won't be able to do much, if anything.

My calves are screaming at me. Especially when I clmb down the stairs at work.

I try to push the stretches just a bit. There's a point when the stretch is tight, but not really painful. That's the point I try to reach. Making it work for me without causing undue pain.
  • MommaRaven
    MommaRaven Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My joints are fine, but I've been having sore muscles! Nothing too bad, but I was honestly surprised. Feeling better now, but I've recently falling in love with my heating pad again