1 year, 5months and 9 days...

Options
That is approximately the time I will turn 30... I have a goal in mind while I am still 28 years young... I am currently 250 pounds and would love reach 160-180... I reached 180 once in my life time and would like to do that again. I need help and support from users with a similar goal and open diaries to keep me honest and for fresh meal and snack ideas. Please if you are interested send me a little message about your goal and why you want it. Hopefully we can do this together!!! It's not easy alone!

Replies

• grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    This made me think that I only have 146 days until I hit the big 30 in America. Technically I celebrated 30 in India last year, since they count differently than we do. I would love to get back down to my high school weight by then, which is about 35 pounds lost. Doing the math, that is only needing to lose about 0.25 pounds per day to reach the goal. Sounds so easy.
  • ReStartRachel
    ReStartRachel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm up tonight because I can't sleep and calcuated that from today, August 12th 2014 that I have 1 year 5 months and 9 days until I turn 30! I have the same goals almost, I'm a little heavier at 285 but would love to get down to 150-175 before I start my new decade! I would love to have another person with a similar goal as me to chat and encourage!
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I turned 27 on August 23rd and it really hit me hard this year. Birthdays are always hard for me, but usually it's about general getting older stuff and doesn't have much to do with my weight, but I've come to realize that my weight has held me back from going after what I want most. I settle because I've learned to believe that I don't deserve it or am not smart enough or I'm not capable. I've let myself believe those stereotypes about overweight people and now it's gotten in my head. I know they're not true and I don't want to be fat in my 30s. I don't want my hypothetical children to growup in the same unhealthy environment that I did. When I was in my younger 20s, I thought I had all the time in the world to worry about weight loss. Turning 27 made me realize that I don't have all that much time and that I've actually wasted a lot of time procrastinating when I could've been losing. I have a lot of weight to lose and it will probably take me at least 2 years to get to my goal weight. I have about 170...well, 160 now to lose, so I can't afford to put it off anymore. Especially since they say that the younger you are, the quicker your skin may bounce back after weight loss.

Anyone can add me.