August 4, 2014

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
Oooops, still awake at 3 a.m. I should know better than to stick my nose into a new book. I can remember doing this even as a pre-teen--lying in bed with a flashlight and a book under the blankets (Oh, the Black Stallion books! Or Nancy Drew. Anything by Beverly Cleary.) Listening for the sound of my parents' footsteps so I could quickly click off the light. At least I can sleep until 9:30 Tomorrow so I won't be a complete zombie.
I'm also happy that I haven't been snacking while awake, even though my stomach is Growling. I really feel that MFP is teaching me how to manage my hunger. I'm learning to ignore it--my food chart says I've eaten all I need, so I am done.

So happy Monday, everyone!

What kind of week are you going to create?

Karen in Maine

Replies

• melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Good morning, MFP family! I wanted to go to the gym this morning but decided against it. This week is the beginning of school for the 2 counties I drive through for work. Left home a tad early just in case and traffic was non-existant, which is what I like :). Anyways no gym.

I work on the 8th floor and for the first time ever, decided to take all 8 flights of stairs up. 14 steps per flight, 2 flights per floor. 228 steps upstairs. I was pretty sure my heart would have exploded. But I made it up in about 7-8 minutes. I took about 15-20 second break every floor once I hit the 3rd floor. My legs are still jello but my heart is back to normal.
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks.

My scratchy throat/lost voice has transitioned into a full on cold. I thought yesterday when I was feeling it a bit in my chest that it was on its way out, but this morning I woke up and I feel it from the top of my head to my chest. The last time I had a good run was last Tuesday -- when I tried to run on Thursday, I found myself speed walking because I couldn't get my legs to cooperate, so I gave up after 5 minutes. I also haven't lifted since Thursday. I miss it, but the thought of going to the gym while feeling like this is... unpleasant. I have been walking a decent amount, though.

Melissa, congratulations on making it all the way up those stairs! I've wanted to do that at work, but our stairwell has a locked gate between floors 1 and 2 -- we can exit, but we can't go up. Maybe someday I'll walk down to the 2nd floor and then back up :)
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Awesome on the stairs Melissa!

I haven't been able to check in all weekend. So busy. Started with a 4yr olds Birthday party at a gymnastics place, then a charity even right after into Sat. Night. Then Sun we got up bright and early and took our friends out to the lake with our jetski.

We were all having such a blast until I decided to give my friend a ride and I took a turn wrong and almost sank the ski. It flipped completely over and threw us off. We couldn't get it righted back up by ourselves and were trying to push it back to shore when my husband comes out on another ski from someone who saw it happen. I am so scared at this point, not for my life, but for the damage I did to our ski. It's a brand new Sea-doo 3 seater and yeah..his prized possession. So he manages to flip it back over and tries to start it and nothing but smoke. He is sure it is a total loss and I am so sad. We are still in the middle of the lake and some boaters that saw it happen too towed him back to the boat ramp to load up the broken ski.

I swam back to the shore but I had to take my life jacket off because I cannot swim in it. I had never had an opportunity to try or test that out before or had to swim back from the middle of a lake. The boaters and stuff offered us a ride but we said we could swim back. The swim wasn't bad once I took my jacket off and I had so much adrenaline pumping through me I wasn't even out of breath when I got to shore. I was shaking like a leaf though. Once again, not because of the wreck, I was worried about our ski and how mad my husband was going to be.

He comes back after loading it up and we have to hurry to get it back to the house and drain the water, take out the spark plugs etc. ASAP. It was flipped for a good 5 minutes so it was pretty water logged. Get back to my friends house to work on the ski and surprisingly enough, the engine hadn't been completely emerged and it started up. WHEW! Dodged a bullet there.

We are so sore, burnt, tired. I ate terrible this weekend. I am so back on track today because even under my eyes are puffy from all the extra sodium.

We just played too hard.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Karen - I'm a binge-reader, too. I haven't picked up a book in a while, though. No time to get lost like that! Plus, sitting doesn't hold the appeal it used to... I went to pay a bill on Friday and had to stand in line for a bit, and I was walking to get steps in and a guy sitting there kept asking me if I was nervous. I explained to him that I sit all day for my job, I was on a time table getting my errands done, I needed to keep moving for my health, etc. He nodded like he understood, then stared at me as if I was from Mars! Alrighty then. I don't think I would want to teach myself to ignore my hunger...just to understand my body signals better. For me, that would be a flip on my eating struggles... I'm glad, though, that it is teaching you to listen, because you know what your body should need, so it sounds like it is being the whiny kid who doesn't want to go to bed and wants one more story, one more glass of water...hee hee...

Melissa - WOW on the steps. I am impressed!!

Norah - sending you healing thoughts super quickly! I hate feeling icky. And not being able to workout because you are icky is the worst!!! (hugs)

Heather - OMG, I was almost biting my nails to get to the end of your story... I hope the birthday party Saturday was fun! I'm glad the jet ski survived...and that everyone was ok. Congrats on the NSV of swimming back from the center of the lake! :)

As for what kind of week I'm going to create, I was SO INSPIRED by Patrick's insane bike ride that I went out for a walk this am, despite the heat. I'm going to plan to try to bring some hand-weights back from arm exercises inside the nice cool office... So, starting out the week thinking as positively as I can!

Hugs to all, Carly in sunny, bright, obnoxious Oklahoma
  • carostad
    carostad Posts: 161
    Options
    Well, my son turns 10 this week, wow! Lots of food challenges ahead for me this week, but I think I can manage them okay. Bday dinner on Wednesday, followed by cake. Sleepover party on Friday with 5 boys, lots of snacks and of course, more cake. I'll just try to pick stuff I can resist, since I'm the shopper. :)

Karen, I love to read too. I'm frequently found well past midnight, into the wee hours reading on my kindle. What an amazing invention that is. I can read in bed without disturbing my husband. It's totally amped up my reading the past few years. Although, this month I'm laboring through (yet another) Jodi Piccoult book, Vanishing Act. It's not my favorite, but I refuse to give it up, even though I've been reading it for at least a week and am barely halfway through. What are you reading that kept you up so late?

Nice job, Melissa! 8 flights is massive! You must be so proud of yourself! Good start for the rest of the day. :)

Sorry you're sick, Norah. I'm sure you'll get right back on the exercise train as soon as you feel better, but it's okay to take it easy while your body heals. Hope your recovery goes quickly.

Heather, holy smokes! What an adventure! Good for you for swimming back. Couldn't have been easy, despite the adrenaline. I bet you had visions of swimming to China to escape the wrath of hubbie over his ski, lol. I totally would have. Glad it all turned out okay though.

I went hiking with my daughter yesterday and we found 3 geocaches. I think I need to leave my kids at home though, they're so impatient! "How far to the next one?" "It must not be here, I haven't found it after 3 seconds of looking around." "I'm tired, can we go home yet?" lol. They are young and fit, and I'm the one sweating my tush off, but I feel like I could go all day. Hopefully they'll catch the bug soon, and come along more energetically in the future. I'm still plugging away though...
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I spent my weekend shopping with my daughter who will be a senior this year (yikes!) only to find that when I got home on Saturday night my fitbit battery had died on Friday. Oh well. I estimated how much I walked that day. I wish I had unlimited vacation time to take her on college tours, but my parents are doing that for the next 3 weeks until school starts.

I love to read too and my husband will wake up with me reading because I either can't sleep or I tell myself just until the end of the chapter.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm paying for my bike ride with all my sore muscles this morning. Not sure what my exercise will be like today if any.

I'm proud that I didn't decide to eat through all my burned calories. It was tempting. I should have eaten more just to better handle how much I burned but as I extended the trip unplanned I burned more then I had eaten for at breakfast. I basically skipped lunch except for a clif bar and my water (went through four bottels and 2.5 electrolyte tablets). I was tempted, the prospects of pizza or a milkshake were heavy on my mind but I was able to hold myself off and went to bed with -1,000 net calories.
  • carostad
    Options
    Heh, I had a choco taco with my daughter after we hiked yesterday. She was kind of a pill about going, then she found 3 caches and was in a better mood. I felt like positive reinforcement in the way of ice cream was called for, and what kind of mother would I be if I didn't participate? amirite? :P
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    For the first part of the week my exercise will be fairly standard with some weight lifting, tennis and swimming, but on Saturday my friends and I decided to do the Hit and Run 5K. We will see how that goes. I am hoping for the best since it is more about the obstacles rather than pure running.

If reading counted as exercise I would look like Adonis. My work has a lot of down time so I fill it with a good amount of reading. I am on book 60 for the year.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Is anyone finding they get grumpy or moody when they don't have the chance to exercise? I didn't expect all this to effect my mood so much.

As for reading, I only tend to read a handful of books each year but listen to probably 50 or 60 audiobooks during the year (great for exercise). But that has more to do with the fact the types of books I like to read. Most of the books I tend to read in hard print are none-fiction subjects relating to my areas of interest so mostly books related to conceptual art subjects. All my audiobooks tend to be mysteries, science fiction, history.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Heh, I had a choco taco with my daughter after we hiked yesterday. She was kind of a pill about going, then she found 3 caches and was in a better mood. I felt like positive reinforcement in the way of ice cream was called for, and what kind of mother would I be if I didn't participate? amirite? :P

Ummm, how is icecream as a reward POSITIVE reinforcement? My parents rewarded my siblings and I right into lifetimes of morbid obesity. Sorry to pick on you, Caro, but isn't this the type of thinking we're in here to try to fix? To your body, icecream isn't nutritionally rewarding at all. The way you worded your post says a lot to me about feeling kind of guilty and ashamed. Honestly, given the amount of exercise you did and the calories you burned, that indulgence likely fit right into your food plan, right? And you get to choose whether you eat your exercise calories or not.

Anyone else want to chime in here? I know we're always debating whether sugar abstinence is the smarter choice, or whether "all things in moderation" is more sustainable, and how do we retrain our brains to not think of sugary treats as rewards but rather indulgences that we CAN have but that need to be worked into our food plans?

Also, for newcomers, whenever you can substitute a more generic term like "icecream" or even "something sweet" or "a high calorie food" for a more specific term like "choco taco," please do. Specific names of high fat/high sugar/high calorie foods may be triggering to the group members who are in eating disorder recovery or are struggling with food addiction. I know we've debated on this in the past, and all I can say is that it's triggering to ME, definitely, and several other group members have asked me to speak up about it too.

Several years ago, I joined a local TOPS group (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) here in my small, Maine town. Everyone in the small group (9 of us) seemed to have been a member for quite a while, but no one seemed to be losing any weight. And then I sat through my first meeting where everyone, including the group leader, spent 45 minutes talking about their favorite desserts. And at the end of the meeting they asked if I wanted to join them for Chinese food. Seriously??? Apparently the group was really more of a foodie supper club than a weight management tool. I tried for several months, even putting together teaching modules on nutrition and exercise to present to the group, but everyone wanted to talk about what they liked to eat. It was sad, really, especially because two of the women had uncontrolled diabetes and were getting peripheral nerve damage in their legs.

Okay, that's my afternoon rant! :noway:

Karen
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Oh, and the read that kept me up all night was Margaret Atwood's "Lady Oracle." I'd read it before a long time ago, but I just love Atwood and especially that book. She and Barbara Kingsolver and Isabel Allende are favs. And of course all the regency work by Austen and the Brontes. My ultimate escape reading are regency romance novels--I don't know why, but I just love a good love story that's full of manners and societal restrictions juxtaposed to hot, secretive, let's-not-get-caught-or-I'll-be-"ruined" sex, LOL!!!
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Well I have something to say here which may or may not be popular.

I do not think we should judge others for giving their kids a treat as a reward after doing something active. I reward Dean with a variety of things, praise, hugs, stickers, an outing, high fives and yes ice-cream or the odd food treat. I think it is great to say hey yes that treat would be awesome so how about we get moving first so we have earnt it.

Secondly I understand we are all different in this group, at different stages and we have different battles with regards to food. But if we are going to have to start censoring mentioning foods all the time, or get jumped on for mentioning them, I will not be popping in as often. I really get that some of you have some issues that are way beyond mine. But turning certain foods into the big evil that cannot be named is not how I am doing this journey.

Edit: I stopped there and posted but when I re-read it it sounded abrupt, I just didn't want to get into a long post about it tbh. The above sums it up lol
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Well I have something to say here which may or may not be popular.

I do not think we should judge others for giving their kids a treat as a reward after doing something active. I reward Dean with a variety of things, praise, hugs, stickers, an outing, high fives and yes ice-cream or the odd food treat. I think it is great to say hey yes that treat would be awesome so how about we get moving first so we have earnt it.

Secondly I understand we are all different in this group, at different stages and we have different battles with regards to food. But if we are going to have to start censoring mentioning foods all the time, or get jumped on for mentioning them, I will not be popping in as often. I really get that some of you have some issues that are way beyond mine. But turning certain foods into the big evil that cannot be named is not how I am doing this journey.

Edit: I stopped there and posted but when I re-read it it sounded abrupt, I just didn't want to get into a long post about it tbh. The above sums it up lol

I don't think I jumped on Caro about giving her kids icecream--I asked her to rethink the idea of it as a "treat" and instead to think of it as an "indulgence" and then asked the rest of the group to chime in. The only reason I did was because she was kind of laughingly trying to justify eating it herself, and I think it's important that we look at why we assign so much power to food--as a tool of shame, as a reward, as good or evil--instead of thinking about where it fits in our food plans. The reality IS that the sweets and junk food "treats" that we give ourselves and our kids are NOT rewards for our bodies, except maybe for our palates. They are typically void of nutritional value and loaded with sugar and fat. And then we wonder why our kids are pre-diabetic by age 13. I'm not saying no one should eat them--your choice! and mine!--but I'm very interested in having a conversation about changing the language we assign to food. Today I tried an Asian Pear. Now that's a "treat"---beautiful, juicy, loaded with vitamin C. It has a wonderful, delicate flavor. In a number of Asian cultures, it's considered a great delicacy (because it's expensive, comparably), and so the entire family will share one pear. Or the pear will be given to an honored guest. That's a treat both for the body and mind.

As for the other issue of food language, trying to be nonspecific when talking about high sugar/high calorie/high fat foods, I really don't think that's too much to ask. We're already censoring ourselves in here every single day. If I want to talk about my relationship and sex life, I keep it very generic, don't lay out in graphic detail what we did, how, when, where, and which parts, right? Or religious preferences. Or political leanings. Let me give you an example... I swam for an hour and had plenty of calories left for a nice big slice of warm apple pie ala mode.

Okay, awesome. Now fifty people have just read that sentence. Maybe for thirty, it does nothing. For twenty, it triggers a craving for apple pie ala mode. Of the twenty, ten manage to fight off the craving, but ten don't. They obsess about it. They give in. They finally go get their freaking apple pie and ice cream and have a piece. YUM. And for five of the ten, that's enough. They log it, they're done. But for five, that's not the end. The rest of that pie calls to them, they obsess over it even more. They get up in the middle of the night and eat the rest of the pie and ice cream, 7200 calories worth. The next day they feel like crap and say, "f&ck it, I already blew the week, might as well eat what I want and start on Monday," but only two of the five come back on Monday. The other three are back in the cycle of tragic morbid obesity.

Why? Because I had to announce to the group that I ate apple pie ala mode??? Why would I need to tell the group that? If I had created a lo-fat, lo-sugar version of it, I might mention it and post a recipe, but the reality is that this type of food is an indulgence--something most of us can't have every day because we simply don't have the calories and macros for it and because this kind of food is what got us here in the first place. So no, I don't think it's too much to ask to censor yourself a bit. If it is, if it's too much for the majority of the group, let's establish that now so that those of us who are triggered by specific high calorie food talk can go elsewhere for support. Most of the groups and forums for the morbidly obese DO have food talk rules because so many of the members are fighting eating disorders and food addictions.

That's my twenty cents.
    Karen
  • carostad
    Options
    I honestly don't see it as a big deal. Treat or indulgence both have the same connotation to me. Is there a distinction I'm missing?

Ice cream is not a common thing for us. We eat very little processed food. I feel NO guilt whatsoever about the occasional dip into the junk food pile. I also think that extremes are the very reason I got where I am. I can either take it all, or leave it all, or maybe somewhere in the middle is healthiest. I tend to think that the middle ground is healthiest. Take some, leave some.

In the past, I absolutely refused to have ANY foods that were "bad for me" when I "tried to diet" and I use those quotes with deliberation. My current position is that if I veer off to that extreme, it's not a lifestyle I can maintain the rest of my life and be happy. I will always be aware that I'm denying myself something, and that just makes it more desirable. But, if I can balance my life successfully, I can enjoy all that life has to offer AND continue to lose weight.

I apologize if my words were triggers for anyone. My jokey way of stating that must indicate I was aware subconsciously that this wouldn't fly smoothly. I really didn't think it would be an issue.

I do feel very strongly that a choco taco has it's place in every person's diet, but only if you can really embrace balance and live a healthy lifestyle. My diary is an open book. I have nothing to hide. Some days, I don't do so great, other days I do awesome. But, I'm the only one that can decide which days are awesome and which are not, because I make my own rules. Someone else could judge what I believe is an awesome day really isn't so awesome after all, but they probably have different rules that they live by. It's all fine with me.

I do see the point about rewarding kids with food. It's not something I do much, and it's actually something I know my kid wish I did more. Most celebrations are surrounded by food, from my experience, and navigating those celebrations in a healthy way is something I work for. My daughter and I had a special time together, and I don't get to spend much time alone with her. She's almost 13 (just a couple weeks away), eats healthier than anyone I know, and we were hot as heck. Ice cream was called for. We chased it down with a GINORMOUS bottle of...... water. We don't really drink sodas. So, balance..... It was pretty darned nice to sit down with my girl, after a lengthy hike, something I've been physically incapable of for a couple of years, and have an ice cream from the gas station near our house. I wouldn't trade it for anything. And, I'm certain it won't carry the baggage I carried about food because our relationship is so different. She doesn't substitute food for love, the way I did. She knows I love her, and that's fine by me. :)

It's definitely something to consider though. So many of us carry this baggage from childhood. I enjoy the healthy relationship I have with my daughter, in ways I'm certain my mother never enjoyed life with me. I'm scared of repeating my mother's mistakes, but my mother never would have taken a hike with me.

Eh, I'm so long winded. I could go on and on. I'll spare you all the rest. :)

No harm, no foul...

Caroline
  • carostad
    Options
    Also, I take no responsibility for anyone else's actions. I think that's why we're here, right? Learning to take responsibility for our own food choices. It's a process. I can't live in a hole and hide from all words that might trigger a craving for me.It just won't happen. And, if I develop a craving, how I respond is my responsibility. I can let it derail all my hard work, or I can move forward. It's nobody's fault but mine. I think it's unreasonable to expect people to censor themselves about food. My bad if I'm wrong about that.

Cause honestly? I love food. Adore food. I think about food all the time. When's the next meal? What can I have for my next snack? It drives me. I've been so ashamed of that for so long, but now? I can be honest with myself and figure how to manage this love of food with my health goals. Balance in all things. :)

Caroline
  • KarenZen
    Options
    WARNING. POST THAT FOLLOWS MAY BE TRIGGERING TO FOOD ADDICTS OR THOSE WHO HAVE EATING DISORDERS.

Yeah, I'm long-winded too, LOL!

I've brought up the question of specific food talk in this group before, and most of the time it's a non-issue. If you aren't a food addict or in eating disorder treatment, then it probably sounds unreasonable, but I look at it this way--if you were an alcoholic struggling to stay sober, I wouldn't leave bottles of booze out or serve wine with dinner when you were a guest in my home That's not me taking responsibility for your actions; that's me having empathy for your situation and trying to minimize your risk of relapse by providing a safe environment.

If you love food and food talk, there are plenty of recipe and food groups in here to talk about food and post pictures. Or create a sticky thread in here for foodies and food talk.

If the majority agree we don't need some food talk guidelines, then I'm okay with that. I can move along to a group that does have them.

I'd just think about this for a minute first---why is it important for you (not you, specifically Caro, but anyone) to announce to a group of people struggling to control their calorie counts that you are going out for gooey cheese pizza, or eating chocolate cake, or making sugar cookies, or chicken curry, or buying peanut m&m's, or having your mother's fabulous cinnamon bread smothered in butter, or hiding a dozen crispy creme donuts in your car, or scarfing down a bacon double cheeseburger with curly fries? Why? I hope I made my point.
    Karen
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Is this not the place where we can come when we have a victory with such foods? No-one else in my life would understand what a huge victory it was to leave the half plate of rice, skip a starter and desert, when I had my curry last night. Only people here would get that. Or sitting in a McDs with my son (it is a very rare thing always has been) and then going myself to Extreme Pita. And does being generic really make any difference? That is a real question not a snarky one. Does saying ice-cream as opposed to a specific help?
  • carostad
    Options
    If I crossed a line, it was truly because I didn't know it was there.

This is clearly a difficult conversation for you, Karen. I am very sorry that it upset you so much. Can you be specific about what you are asking so I understand what you mean? I think this conversation goes much deeper than the surface.

I am a cheeky sort of person. I make snide comments in real life, but I never mean harm. My comment was meant to be companionable, like "who could resist?" It was a pleasurable bonding experience, and I really enjoy replacing some of my sneaky past behaviors with food, with newer pleasant experiences. I really never expected that it would hurt someone to talk about it.

Please don't do anything sudden that you might regret with regard to this group. If it's been a source of comfort for you, and support, then by all means, let's all understand what it is you need. I will try to be more conscious of anything that might be a trigger.

I'm actually quite excited to be part of this group. I've been grappling with the title "morbidly obese" but I think that's part of my journey. Accepting where I am and Moving On from Morbid Obesity. I feel a very positive, uplifting vibe, and I enjoy the ritual of checking in. I haven't participated in something like this before, so I'm sure I need to learn and observe the ettiquette of participating. I will undoubtedly make many mistakes, as I acclimate, but I'm a pretty quick study, so I'll adapt.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Is this not the place where we can come when we have a victory with such foods? No-one else in my life would understand what a huge victory it was to leave the half plate of rice, skip a starter and desert, when I had my curry last night. Only people here would get that. Or sitting in a McDs with my son (it is a very rare thing always has been) and then going myself to Extreme Pita. And does being generic really make any difference? That is a real question not a snarky one. Does saying ice-cream as opposed to a specific help?

To me it does. "Ice cream" is nonspecific, so, yes, less triggering than saying butter pecan or mint chocolate chip.

I apologize profusely to anyone reading this thread today who is now fighting cravings. I'm trying to be specific so we can settle the matter finally.

Again,if you aren't a food addict, someone whose brain lights up over high sugar and high fat foods like a heroin addict's over heroin, this has got to be a bizarre distinction. But to someone like me, or Heather whose food cravings drag her out of bed in the middle of the night, or Dee whose bypass should keep her from eating sugar but who eats it sometimes anyway because of her compulsion and then suffers the consequences of b dumping syndrome, or Julie who tries so hard to stay on track all day but then loses the battle every night and feels ashamed that she's not" leading", or Pat who fights constantly to stay away from the drivethru... we're the compulsive overeaters, the night eaters, the food addicts, the binge eaters, and our recovery is fragile--why not give it a safe place until it toughens up?

The answer for a food addict or someone with an eating disorder is not always going to be everything in moderation. Sometimes it's going to mean abstaining from trigger foods. So, no , in some cases, a choco taco does not have a place in the food plan.

I think you can celebrate your victories in here, of course! Just think a bit before posting. Could you say, "I only finished half my plate on my dinner date and stuck to my calories even though we went to one of my favorite restaurants." ? What's the difference to you? To the food addict, it's a non-triggering sentence, so less stress and fewer cravings.

I'm not going to leap on everyone who talks about food-!I'm just asking that we have a ground rule that we try to follow in order to be kind and empathetic.

You wouldn't yell "fire" in a crowded theater because people's lives are at stake. Well think of the term morbid; it comes from the Latin morbus--disease--and the root mori--to die. People's lives are at stake in here. This may be the last round for someone like me--if I give up this time and go back to my old habits, I will be dead within a year. I'm sure of it. I'm not trying to be melodramatic here, although I know it sounds that way, I'm just trying to help you understand why this is so important to me.