Countdown to Capaldi!

Options
Well it's officially August so let the countdown begin! The new season will be here soon *squee* :bigsmile: :drinker:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb4riSdETGlgLqcnAywJpyRJreTXdAQxysrfFMHOTMNdqK5XRbFQ

Replies

• heather_hearts_travel
    Options
    Excited!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m2yrcxQAj21qmoze4-1.gif
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    This will be freakin awesome !!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    How does one view D.W. current seasons? Do I need some form of BBC? I've only seen the seasons with that doctor after Tennant (Matt?) b/c they're on Netflix. I'm not even READY for this season!

ETA: And clearly not as big of a Whovian as most of you devotees.
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    How does one view D.W. current seasons? Do I need some form of BBC? I've only seen the seasons with that doctor after Tennant (Matt?) b/c they're on Netflix. I'm not even READY for this season!

Do you even Whovian?

Yes, they air on BBC America. The premier is August 23 at 7pm central time.
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options

Ok I feel sad now :brokenheart: All of the new DW episodes are on Netflix except for the specials but Amazon prime has those & BBCA airs episodes every weekday although for some reason I never see them airing the Eccleston season. You my friend have a lot of watching to do!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

You can also watch all the DW episodes on project free TV. They have classic DW and the new DW!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options

That's okay! Your heart is in the right place and you will catch up soon enough. :bigsmile: One of the things I like about the series is that you can watch a season with a new doctor and not be too lost. If you cannot access all of the seasons on Netflix, you can probably find it online on Projectfreetv.com. Still not able to watch or not enough time? Than hit up Google for a reference you may not understand.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Soooo excited!!!
    Normally a friend lets us use their password for their cable account.

BUT for the series premiere we are watching it 8/25 in the theater!!!
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    Oh I wish I could watch it in the theater! :sad: Oh well at least i'll still get to see it & that's what counts :smile:
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I just caught up on the current season last week! They are on Hulu too, if anyone is looking. The last time I looked, they weren't current, but they are now!
  • Happymelz
    Options
    I'm also wearing my Osgood costume from the 50th anniversary to the theater!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb4riSdETGlgLqcnAywJpyRJreTXdAQxysrfFMHOTMNdqK5XRbFQ

Not gonna lie. Even though I was well aware who the new Doctor was going to be, I still wondered during his regeneration (for a second) if he'd get to be ginger :laugh:
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m2yrcxQAj21qmoze4-1.gif

What he said
    #waitingpatiently
  • mghollis
    mghollis Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Doctor Who.... the only reason I haven't pulled the plug on my cable. :bigsmile:

August 23 at 7pm central. Writing down the time now.
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    Netflix has just updated their episodes & now even(finally!) has all of the specials :happy:
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Netflix has just updated their episodes & now even(finally!) has all of the specials :happy:
    Oooh really?? Yay!! :)
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Last night I sat with my 10 year old daughter as she finished off Matt Smith's run. She started with 9 a few months ago, and last night we watched Name/Day/Time of the Doctor.

She's all ready for the premiere on Aug 23rd. Then got disappointed when I told her now she got to watch them like I always did. Week to week. Waiting for the next episode. Always Waiting.
  • Happymelz
    Options
    Last night I sat with my 10 year old daughter as she finished off Matt Smith's run. She started with 9 a few months ago, and last night we watched Name/Day/Time of the Doctor.

She's all ready for the premiere on Aug 23rd. Then got disappointed when I told her now she got to watch them like I always did. Week to week. Waiting for the next episode. Always Waiting.

Getting caught up sucks for that reason. lol.

We got caught up 2 years ago and got to watch an episode at DragonCon, as it aired...in a room with like 2000 other Whovians. It was awesome!

and then we had to start going week to week. :(:grumble:
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited!!!