Saddles for Road Bikes

Options
2»

Replies

• mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have a Serfas RX Women's saddle and I love it. I have ridden up to 60ish miles with it and it was still (relatively) comfortable.....as comfortable as a saddle can be after 62 miles, haha. Just search online for the name and you should see it. I bought mine at REI but I'm sure other places sell it.

~Chelle

I agree. The Serfas RX (mens) saddle is sweet, and it's reasonably priced too. All three of my bikes have Serfas saddles now. And I had some really pricey saddles before I changed out to Serfas. Awesome saddles. Awesome value.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Most the women I know ride Cobb saddles. Generally the Plus or the 55 JOF depending on their riding style.
  • ntime60
    ntime60 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I ride with a Brooks Saddle B17 http://www.brooksengland.com/catalogue-and-shop/saddles/road+&+mtb/B17+Narrow+Imperial/

After it is broken in it is quite comfortable. It sure beats the stock Bontrager seat that came with my bike. I could only do 10 miles on that seat before I had to get off for a while.

When the Brooks came in, I was like, that looks more uncomfortable than what I had. Looks are deceiving sometimes. 30 miles later this was obviously the better choice. Now I have 150 miles on the saddle and I love it.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    When the Brooks came in, I was like, that looks more uncomfortable than what I had. Looks are deceiving sometimes. 30 miles later this was obviously the better choice. Now I have 150 miles on the saddle and I love it.

It'll be better still in around 15 years... plenty of proofide and a 1/4 turn on the tensioner a year, and you'll be able to bequeath it to your grandkids. The old Team Pro I had was a beauty - honey leather with the massive copper rivets. Still regret swapping it to this day - it'd be perfect on my old Dawes Super Galaxy tourer.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I have gone through a few saddles for my wife, and her favorite is the Selle Italia Diva. Very comfortable without being overly padded. She has no problems riding 30 or 40 miles on it.

diva.png

I highly recommend this saddle :happy: I can ride all day in it and not get sore! It has made all the difference to me x

I have this saddle and it's great!

I had my sit bones measured when I got my bike and they put that one on it.
  • Fit_French
    Fit_French Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have gone through a few saddles for my wife, and her favorite is the Selle Italia Diva. Very comfortable without being overly padded. She has no problems riding 30 or 40 miles on it.

diva.png

I highly recommend this saddle :happy: I can ride all day in it and not get sore! It has made all the difference to me x

I have this saddle and it's great!

I had my sit bones measured when I got my bike and they put that one on it.

Does this saddle come in different widths? I also had my sit bones measured and need something around 155. I tried looking, but it doesn't look like it does :(