Decisions

Options
oonga
oonga Posts: 336 Member
I think i have decided to go with the UP24, despite some of the reviews I have read of them breaking and such.
There are just a few things I am not sure on.

WIth syncing to MFP, how does that work? I have never synched any apps together. So do i just continue to log my food on MFP and they somehow work together?
With my daily calorie burn, i won't need to log exercise will i? seeing as the UP24 will just keep track of my daily calorie burn?

Replies

• raymiles
    raymiles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You set both apps to sync, and then they do, both ways hopefully. I continue to log food on MFP, since I have been using for a while, and exercise on the UP. I also link the Fitstar and Six Pack apps, although the latter syncs to MFP but not to UP. Outside that, I set the timer on the bracelet when I am doing any additional exercise that's more than just walking: eg exercise bike, or when I walk up the steep hill to my house. I set the latter as a hike, in the zone, although judging the level for a particular exrecise is a very subjective thing.
    Like many, I have had problems with my bracelet, after less than two months. A new one is on its way. Anecdotal evidence is that they fail a lot, but of course we only hear about the failures and not the successes. And Jawbone is not likely to be revealing the actual percentage failure rate. My main concern is that I believe the warranty only covers the year from initial purchase, and there have been tales of multiple failures in the course of that year. Once it expires, Jawbone presumably won't accept responsibility any more.
  • oonga
    Options
    Thanks Raymiles for your response.
    I think i need to actually see a sync in action to really understand it all.

I have a bodymedia which i haven't used for ages now! It just gets really annoying and ugly and uncomfortable.
    I actually thought i had no subscription left on it, but charged it up last night and the subscription is still there, though i suspect it has something to do with the takeover and perhaps they haven't updated their data as yet.
    It ought to have expired last october.
    HOwever its the non bluetooth bodymedia, so as far as i know it doesn't sync to mfp, if it does i have no clue how LOL

I think I will still get the UP24, you are right anectodal evidence with breakdowns isn't great at all, but it does seem to be most suited to my needs, so i will give it a go and perhaps use both while the subscription is working, just to see the difference in burns etc.
  • oonga
    Options
    so I just realised I can sync my current bodymedia to mfp and having done that i have gone from having 60 calories left to eat, to 480 cals left!! *gasp*

I won't be eating the extra cals today, its too late to eat that much more but it is good to know it does sync and see the whole thing in action.

It still feels uncomfortable or rather just that it's there, which is why i like the idea of the UP24.