Stall question

Morning Everyone-

I know, I know....we all will have stalls. I am just wondering if anyone had one 10 days out? I thought I would at least get a couple more weeks under my belt before a stall. :)

Replies

• steph_13484
    steph_13484 Posts: 10 Member
    Yes I did too, just make sure your drinking enough and getting your protein shakes in!
  • sarahViolet1977
    sarahViolet1977 Posts: 88 Member
    I had one pre-op and I chalked it up to eating the same stuff over and over. My body seemed to get used to what I was eating and I stopped losing. Once I switched it up I started losing again.

I'm losing now but not as quick as I thought I would since I'm barely eating anything. Chalking this is up my body is still trying to heal. You start purée soon right?
  • clcesari
    clcesari Posts: 56
    SarahVIolet19- I am officially on Puree tomorrow, although I have had a couple bites of potatoes and chunkier soup that has been mushed up over the past couple days. I actually gained two pounds at one point, from what I think was a visit from Aunt Flow. But that has since left. I still am struggling with my protein (lucky to get 60g a day.) I go to post op visit in a couple hours. I am sure to get a lecture :)
  • sarahViolet1977
    sarahViolet1977 Posts: 88 Member
    Aunt Flo visited me right after surgery me I gained 3 pounds. Have you tried the unflavored protein powder? That's been helping me get my protein in the purée phase.
  • clcesari
    clcesari Posts: 56
    I am going to try starting today or tomorrow. I added PB2 to chocolate pudding.....not my favorite thing yet. Can't wait to get more protein from food than these drinks!
  • homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    I think almost every one hits one in the first two weeks after surg- mine lasted about two weeks- and four months later I'm just hitting one again now.
  • juliebccs
    juliebccs Posts: 233
    Just the bodies way of repairing after such trauma and making sure it is ready for the long haul.
    Frustrating,,,but it will break. Promise.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Calculate your BMR . Once you have your basal calories then you can estimate based on your calorie intake how many days it should take you to burn a lb of fat off. My new BMR is 1350 (because I am sedentary female 5'5" and 45. I do aerobic exercise less than 3 hrs a week and only get in 10,000 steps 3-4 days a week). There are about 3800 cals in a lb of fat. I have lately been eating around 1100 cals a day. It will take me 15.2 days to lose a lb. if I stick to 850-950 cals a day I typically lose a lb every 8-10 days. More if I exercise more.
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    yes, i had a stall that far out. or not much past it. My whole journey has been a series of stalls punctuated by the occasional loss. Just do your thing and ignore the scale.
  • homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Here's a link to a BMR calculaor if anyone needs it: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/