Mom threatened with C-section she didn't want

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/07/29/mom-threatened-with-c-section-didnt-wantor-child-services/

Basically this woman was having her 4th kid, all done by c-section, and on this fourth one she wanted to try vaginally, but having 3 c-sections before it's kind of a no no in the medical community to go to a vaginal birth after c-sections ESPECIALLY 3. So the docs wouldn't do it and she felt she was within her rights to make the decision herself. Thoughts?

I say she sure is within her rights to make that decision and give birth vaginally but she is not within her rights to make anyone else assist her that doesn't agree. It would be like making and anti gay priest marry a gay couple. Everybody has their rights, but that doesn't mean others don't have theirs as well, so deal with it.

Replies

• SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I agree. Find a doctor that agrees with you and go to town. Otherwise why go to a doctor in the first place?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    There are some definite health risks with that... but if you and your doctor are not compatible in philosophy then by all means, find one that is.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    The issue with this case is that the hospital didn't give her a choice. They took her to court and told her they'd take her other children away.

I don't agree with her decision (I think it's beyond stupid she thinks she knows more than her doctors) but the hospital was dead wrong.