Netflix Anime

Options
adamtall
adamtall Posts: 275 Member
so i just finished up Attack on Titan and need something new to watch figured my fitness buddies here would point me in the right direction

have watched
Death note (LOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEDDDDD it
Helsing (I liked it when i first watched it but tried to watch it again and couldnt get into the first few episodes)
Sword Art Online (Im an MMO gamer so i mean how could i not love that)
FMA both series (last season of brotherhood i cant find :(
Fate/Zero
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop (havent watched it in years but i dont think its on netflix)
Legend of Legendary Heros (started because the name is hilarious, finished because it was great)

so i really like the action animes and not much for other silly stories and what not. so any suggestions that you guys think would intrest me that are on netflix

Replies

• kjohn8911
    kjohn8911 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You've covered most of the basics, so I'll try to point you to some more obscure stuff.

I just watched Dance in the Vampire Bund on Netflix. It's a little weird because of the whole "she's a kid but like 1000 years old" thing; however there are some GREAT action scenes. The beginning starts off a little wonky, but I thought it hooked you right into when the action starts mid-pilot. If you'd enjoy watching vampires fight each other then it might be worth checking out despite the somewhat lovey-dovey overall story.

If you can stomach more hardcore stuff (hardcore being like the last 2 episodes of the original Berserk anime) then Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne is a great mystery/action sort of watch. It is relatively short (6 episodes each 40 minutes), so you could get through it in 4 hours. There's some definite male fan pandering in it, but hey it doesn't hurt anything ;-) It is also one of the few shows where I thought the English dub was equal to the original Japanese voices.
  • jfboomer
    jfboomer Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.
  • JustRedic
    Options
    Gurren Lagann is definitely a must, if you're okay with Mech Action. Knights of Sidonia wasn't bad either.

Kill la Kill has action, but it borders on the absolutely ridiculous. It pokes fun at itself and the characters definitely go over the top.

Netflix has pretty limited choices. You've basically covered all the true action, no fan service Animes on Netflix.
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have a paid subscription to Crunchyroll and got it after finding that I was not satisfied with the selection on Netflix. Sure from time to time Netflix has what CR doesn't (for instance there is a Netflix original Anime now out that I have seen the trailer to and WOW!!! Definitely going to watch!) Also the first 48 or so episodes of Fairy Tail are on Netflix as they have the license that CR doesn't, then the rest are on CR.

I watch Anime probably 3-4 hours a night at least (lately I have been on a binge watching One Piece from start to finish as I never got past the Alabasta Arc when it was on Cartoon Network), so Crunchyroll subscription helps me keep up on all the new releases (and since you are a SAO fan SAO II is now out and in its 10th episode already) and the newest trending stuff. There is something for everyone there!!!.

Since you like SAO and MMO gaming, check out "Log Horizon" - you will not be disappointed!!! That's a Crusherkun Promise!

Mecha's are cool and there are a lot of short run shows on CR too. I definitely recommend Kill La Kill - while obscenely goofy, its a very awesome show!

I watch all my Anime on Crunchyroll through my PS3 - the web site doesn't keep the full screen mode going between one episode to the next which I hate when I am power watching a series.