August 2014 Thread

Options
Stoshew71
Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
Here is a discussion thread for those who will be doing the August Running Challenge located:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1372703-august-running-challange

Feel free to post whatever you like. However, your goals should be declared in the actual thread link listed above as well as your daily run logs. Check back in this thread to give support to others that are running this challenge with you. Or ask a question or help here.

Excited about hitting your goal and wish to have others celebrate with you? Post your accomplishment here.
Having troubles hitting your goal or suffered an injury? Post it here for more support.

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for setting the group up!

Good luck everyone - have a great month.
  • corinne0805
    corinne0805 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great thank you for this group! Tonight begins week 10 day 1 of C210K app. I have signed up for three different races in September - one 5K, one 8K and one 10K. My running group is forming a team for a 1/2 marathon for the end of October and **deep breath** I have signed up! I am pretty sure I will not be running the full 13.1 miles; I am under no illusions I am there yet - but I have to push and challenge myself, otherwise I tend to stagnate.
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    Great thank you for this group! Tonight begins week 10 day 1 of C210K app. I have signed up for three different races in September - one 5K, one 8K and one 10K. My running group is forming a team for a 1/2 marathon for the end of October and **deep breath** I have signed up! I am pretty sure I will not be running the full 13.1 miles; I am under no illusions I am there yet - but I have to push and challenge myself, otherwise I tend to stagnate.

That's awesome, good luck with the races.
  • corinne0805
    Options
    OK - for me this is HUGE!! When I started logging my runs back in April I was averaging a slow 13-14 minutes a mile (walk/run combo); my first time I run a full mile without walking it all I ran it in over 12 minutes. Tonight I ran 4 miles and averaged 11 minutes a mile. Still slow in comparison to women in my 40-50 age group, but a vast improvement for me. But the main thing I was consistent - each mile was run at about the same pace.
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    OK - for me this is HUGE!! When I started logging my runs back in April I was averaging a slow 13-14 minutes a mile (walk/run combo); my first time I run a full mile without walking it all I ran it in over 12 minutes. Tonight I ran 4 miles and averaged 11 minutes a mile. Still slow in comparison to women in my 40-50 age group, but a vast improvement for me. But the main thing I was consistent - each mile was run at about the same pace.

Awesome Corinne!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

Didn't run as much as I'd have liked this weekend, making up for it tonight!
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • barb2353
    barb2353 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you setting up this group. I have been walking since January 2014, and hopefully soon move on to running.

exercise.png
  • nadamandar
    Options
    I'm at 22.35km, which is 13.88mi. Weee!
  • corinne0805
    Options
    I calculated how many miles I would have to do a day in order to reach my goal and it was 2.25. My immediate thought was 'oh that's easy since I am running 3-5 miles each time I run'. Back in June because I was only running 2-2.5 miles I didn't reach my goal. So this means I still get the rest days in like I need to.
  • barb2353
    Options
    exercise.png
  • barb2353
    Options
    exercise.png
  • barb2353
    Options
    exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder that your run logs should be posted on the main thread and not here. This thread is for posting comments and encouragement and asking questions.

Post your logs [and ticker] at this link....

By the way, the ticker website I think is having problems this morning. Try later if it won't update.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder that your run logs should be posted on the main thread and not here. This thread is for posting comments and encouragement and asking questions.

By the way, the ticker website I think is having problems this morning. Try later if it won't update.

I'm having the same problem! I sent them an email.
  • dchillin65
    dchillin65 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ......:heart:
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options

I'm having the same problem! I sent them an email.

Me too, I sent them an email.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I was about to go running tonight and a monsoon hit! I didn't run Sunday due to illness and now this. I will be so far behind on my mile goal. :sad:

/whining