Introduce yourself!

Options
SuzieZimm
SuzieZimm Posts: 238 Member
What's your story?

I'm Suzie. I just graduated from Indiana University (Bloomington) with a degree in Arabic language and Anthropology, with a minor in Psych. This post-graduation year, I'm traveling around, working on my two languages, French and Arabic. I spent the summer with a governement program in Morocco, now I'm in Marseille, France, doing a supplementary study abroad to become fluent in French. I loved Marseille so much...that I'm staying! Will be taking some classes for visa purposes, but otherwise I'm obtaining a TEFL and hoping to teach/tutor English. Going home for the holidays (gotta get my US fix!) but then I'll be back at least until May, if not longer!

How about you?

Replies

• Maatmatah
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Daria, 24, preparing the entrance examination for the school of journalism. I'm not an expat, I'm French, and I live in the South of France, near Aix-en-Provence and Marseille. I glad to join this group, and if anyone needs about the food or else, do not hesitate!
  • chef84
    chef84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi i am German, lived a few years in Uk/Ireland and now moved to France beginning of the year.
    I am living in the Bordeaux area.
  • jtallwood
    jtallwood Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm from Québec (Canada), moving to France (Paris) for 3 months at the end of January. Looking forward to discover Paris and travel to other places on the week-ends! Also looking forward to the amazing food haha
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Carole Ann and I am from London england but I have a second home in France in Burgundy. I aspire to being an expat one day! I love wine and cheese HMMM
  • 3bree375
    3bree375 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm Bree, from the US. I am currently living in Versailles, France. I have never even noticed the Groups feature of MFP, I hope it is a good network to motivate each other. :)
  • SarahMillH
    Options
    Hey, im sarah and im from london, been living in the saint yrieix la perche area of france for the past 2 years (45 mins south of limoges). Have started a new regime and joined the local gym, hoping to find gym buddy near me, although it is a very small town so i doubt i will anytime soon.
  • chef84
    chef84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, im sarah and im from london, been living in the saint yrieix la perche area of france for the past 2 years (45 mins south of limoges). Have started a new regime and joined the local gym, hoping to find gym buddy near me, although it is a very small town so i doubt i will anytime soon.

sadly Limoges is 2h drive away :-(
    i wouldnt mind either having a Buddy :-)
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    sadly Limoges is 2h drive away :-(
    i wouldnt mind either having a Buddy :-)
    Limoges is just over 2 hours' drive from me, too. We must be neighbours!
  • denisek80
    denisek80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi all - 32 years old lived in Paris almost 2 years :)
  • RetroMoobs
    RetroMoobs Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Not been a lot going on around these parts for a while I see, but will add a hello here. A Brit here, been in France a while now and it doesn't help that my business is cake making :D
  • grandevampire
    Options
    Salut !

I'm Canadian, been living in Paris for 3 years. Would love to swap tips about finding healthy and green things (that won't break the bank) here, seeing as I haven't found anything comparable to what I've heard Trader Joe's is like. I am also always open to complaining about the administration.

Cheers!
  • 176pounds
    176pounds Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello,

I have lived all over, and I AM NOW IN FRANCE, coye la foret, which is 20 min from paris. mother of four and happy to join!
  • grandevampire
    Options
    Hello,

I have lived all over, and I AM NOW IN FRANCE, coye la foret, which is 20 min from paris. mother of four and happy to join!
    Well I shall defy the crickets and say "Ahoyhoy!"
  • jdebrebisson
    Options
    Hello! My name is Jaime, American living in Ardeche, and very happy here! I am 37 this year and have 2 kids that keep me on my toes..looking to shed some Kgs and get in better shape for the rest of my life!
  • Kathyenfrance
    Kathyenfrance Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm Kathy, living near Cognac in the Poitou Charente. We've been in France for a number of years now, having brought up our two sons here. Love MFP, but if there's anyone nearby, please friend me if you want. I can always do with the extra support.
    Not a lot going on in this group. Hopefully there are more expats around.
  • emculp1
    emculp1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Salut, tout le monde!

My name's Emily and I'm from Florida. I moved to Verdun in 2011 to be with my then-boyfriend, now-husband. I got a job in Champagne-Ardennes and now teach English at a little private school. I'm not overweight but I was headed in that direction. I'm losing weight and getting healthy, particularly upping my exercise, in order to improve my mental health as well. I just lost my Dad this summer and it's really doing a number on my head, and I find myself eating poorly, overeating, not exercising, and drinking alone, which is never a good thing.

Anywho, back to happier things, I love books, writing, music, and SOCCER. Gosh, I love when I get to play soccer against my students.

Nice to meet all of you!