New to Loop and HRM

longin2bsexy
longin2bsexy Posts: 42 Member
Hi All!!!! I just purchased the Polar Loop and H7 HRM. I absolutely love it, however I have some questions.

1. Do you wear your loop and HRM 24/7? (Even in the shower.)

2. How do I know if my loop is synching with my HRM?

3. Do you use the calorie read-out on your loop instead of what MFP gives you for daily caloric intake? (Hope that makes sense...)

I would also appreciate any other tips/tricks for using it. I want to make sure I am getting the most out of it.

Thank you!!
Carrie

Replies

• spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    I just use the HRM when doing exercise or commute on the push bike.

Nothing wrong with wearing for a entire day but it would get uncomfortable pretty quick. It also doesn't distinguish between training sessions, so you need to take it off and let it find the loop again to start to record a new program.

Try wearing for everday chores to give you a better idea for CALS burned and heart rate but as its a chest type HRM its really meant for exercise or vigour activity :)
  • longin2bsexy
    Thank you!!!
  • longin2bsexy
    Do you use the elliptical by chance? If so how do you categorize it in the app?? Walking, Indoor other....??
  • stingap
    stingap Posts: 20 Member
    I also have a HRM, but i'm very new to using them. Is it thought to be used over long periods of time? Just sitting there on the chest?