Wed Aug 6

Options
Good morning!!

I was just catching up on all the past threads and loving what I read from everybody. It really does help when you have a support group.

Two questions today as I sit and wait for Lowes to deliver my new oven.. lol

1. Are we all still good with posting a new daily topic?
2. How often do you weigh-in? Daily? Weekly? Morning? Bedtime? Whenever the mood strikes?
I'm an everyday first thing in the morning kind of girl while I don't work. It keeps me on track. But when school starts back I'll go to weighing in on weekends only. Oddly enough I've found that I weigh less around 9am after a good night's sleep than I do at 5am. Isn't that bizarre? lol

Here's to us taking off the weight and keeping it off!

Sandy

Replies

• janet41283
    janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day! I had a great visit with my doc today. My lab work was great, and all else fine! Of course, once I take off more weight I can get off my meds. Should be a mega motivator, right?? I'm pumped. Nothing like being healthy!
    Let's see....Sandy posed a couple of questions.
    1. Daily topic is a good idea! I am not good at thinking of those topics, though.:grumble:
    2. I weigh in at various times. My coach encourages a weekly weigh in, but sometimes I wait 2 weeks. Other times I weigh every day. Crazy, right??
  • djcangel
    djcangel Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hey Sandy, 1. Yep still good for posting daily, and where ever and when ever, as I check in on all the topics all the time.

2. Only about every two weeks do I weigh and measure, I plateau so often on both that I would go crazy if I did it any more often. When I do weigh, it is after my morning walk and before breakfast.

I HOPE YOU ARE OGLING YOUR NEW STOVE RIGHT NOW!!! I am happy for you!!!
  • LydiaZembower
    LydiaZembower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have read that weighing in should be done in the morning before you eat or drink anything but after you have gone to the bathroom. I usually weigh myself daily but not always.
  • djcangel
    Options
    @ Jan, YEA!!! Congrats on the good news at the doctor!!!
  • DarrylsGinger
    DarrylsGinger Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Jan - congrats on your clean bill of health!

DJ - no oven... nope.. not today.. not tomorrow.. I called at 1pm since I hadn't heard anything and after talking to 3 departments was told the installer was never informed of the job. Consider me exceptionally pissed. If I don't hear from the installer by tomorrow I'll be sharing my unhappiness with the store manager. Bad Lowes... very bad Lowes.

Sandy
  • djcangel
    Options
    Sandy- So sorry about the delay on getting your new oven. I would not blame you one bit if you called them and gave them what for. I hope they get it straightened out soon. Fingers crossed for you.
  • mcamping
    mcamping Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sandy: Sorry about your oven
    Jan: Congratulations!
    I am the same as Lydia, I weigh myself most mornings also.
  • thin4me59
    Options
    @Jan - congrats on the great news! I am hoping for the same in 2 weeks.

I weigh in 1x per week and always on Saturday as weekends are usually my downfall, so it is a real incentive to stay "good" if I see a weight loss on Saturday morning.

I love reading daily topics, but I too am not very creative as far as suggesting something.

Long work week for me as I need to man an info booth for our agency on Saturday! But the good news is I won't be around food for the 4 hours so if I pack healthy snacks the weekend will be really good!

Darlene