Fruit Basket

I'm currently watching the Fruit Basket boxset and I'm really loving it. Some of the zodiac animals are so adorable :) Who else has watched this anime?

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Haven't watched the anime, but read the manga. Completely adorable!
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Never seen Fruit Basket or read the anime.

Whats the synopsis....is it too girlie (ie all about a group of girls trying to get in with one guy or some nonsense like that?) - Not saying that its wrong for people to like it, I just prefer my Shonen.
  • cccoursey
    cccoursey Posts: 116 Member
    The Anime glosses over the Manga but it is done well. It is very cute and has its share of dramatic points. If you are enjoying it you may also enjoy Ouran Highschool Host Club.
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Some day when I am bored and nothing else to do, I MAY try out a few episodes, but again, not expecting much. Got a deal with Trista (cant remember if she is in this group....I believe she is) that if she watches the first 5 episodes of Attack on Titan and doesn't like it I will watch an entire series of her choosing....so I can guess that it will be either this one or Spice and Wolf (don't even know if that's the correct name). But I am betting on her liking AoT so no worries!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    It's pretty girly, but I rather enjoyed it. It was a nice break from what I normally read, and it kept my interest.
  • CherylMatthews66
    CherylMatthews66 Posts: 44 Member
    I guess it is a little girly because it is such a cute anime ^.^ basically about a family who is cursed so when they are hugged by the opposite sex, they transform into an animal that is a member of the chinese zodiac and this girl from school stumbles across them and ends up living with them and yeah, she gets to meet all the zodiac which are mostly so cute :) It's a lovely little story, I love cute anime though :)