Getting back on track, again...

Options
RoxyMoody
RoxyMoody Posts: 14 Member
Hello mommies!

My name is Stephanie, I'm 30 years old and mom to a 16 week old baby girl. I'm a stay at home mom and an Air Force spouse and still have quite a bit of weight to drop. I'm 5 ft 7 in and 175 pounds and would like to lose 30 more pounds. I'm EBF and my baby refuses to take a bottle of expressed milk so that really REALLY limits my down time/ability to get out and exercise. I unintentionally yo-yo like crazy with my food choices and have terrible self restraint when hubby says "wanna order delivery or take out?" And am looking to add some friends or support and inspiration. Nice to meet you all - again!!

Replies

• dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Wow, can I relate to that!
  • shutterbabe
    shutterbabe Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request! I'm a first time mom to a 13 month old son. Love being a mom! But it does take a toll on the exercise department. I recently started PiYo from Beachbody. It's Pilates and Yoga but by Chalene Johnson so she kicks your butt. It's a home workout and the workouts are only 25 to 40 minutes a day so I do them during my little ones nap. It's been working out so far :) I'm 5'3 and 160, looking to lose about 30 pounds or so.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'll send a request! I'm a SAHM and Army spouse :)

Naptimes and bedtime is when I get my exercise in (I did the 30 Day Shred last night at around 10:30... I slept great after that!). I pre-plan our meals for the week, usually based around hubby's schedule, and that also makes our weekly grocery trip a quick in-and-out instead of spending over an hour at the Commissary like we used to. On Sunday I try to prep as much as I can (chop up veggies/fruits, cook meat that I use in lunch meals so I just have to reheat it and throw into the dish, etc). Good luck, momma! :flowerforyou:
  • Nique85
    Nique85 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM and EBF too. I want to lose 27 pounds, but love to lose more than that. I'm a military spouse too, and can totally relate.
  • edahl7762
    edahl7762 Posts: 7
    Options
    I will send you a request too! I have an 11 month old and lost the baby weight and now I am looking to lose the rest and get back on track. I am about 170 and would minimally like to lose another 30. I recently stopped breastfeeding so I don't want to gain!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    This sounds like me too! I have a 7week old and a 2year old and work full time... Needless to say, finding time to work out is extremely difficult. I hope we can all motivate each other.
  • chantiesou
    Options
    I'll send you a request! I'm a first time mom to a 13 month old son. Love being a mom! But it does take a toll on the exercise department. I recently started PiYo from Beachbody. It's Pilates and Yoga but by Chalene Johnson so she kicks your butt. It's a home workout and the workouts are only 25 to 40 minutes a day so I do them during my little ones nap. It's been working out so far :) I'm 5'3 and 160, looking to lose about 30 pounds or so.

That is great! Finding time is difficult with work full-time... you will have to let me know how the PiYo goes! I would love to try something like that.
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a FR!
    I've finally figured out I can exercise during naptime doing youtube workouts (fitnessblender is so good!). But it's all hard work, especially in those forst 6 months! Don't put too much pressure on yourself (easier said than done..) cause you're doing so much already!
  • forkyouNoforkU
    forkyouNoforkU Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yay fellow new mom to a 6 mo. And oh boy I can relate to having a problem with resistance! When takeout is an option I always jump on it because I'm usually just exhausted. I'm back at work, plus my husband works the overnight shift so weekday evenings are just exhausting. He also works weekends (overnights) so the weekends are just as rough.

I feel like 6 months post partum and I'm more hungry now than I was when I was pregnant! Anyone else having this problem? Tips are more than appreciated :)
  • shelbz123
    shelbz123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    For everyone finding trouble working out I totally understand but I found something that works for me! I have an 11 month old and he is now only taking 1 long nap a day and I have so much to get done housework, walking the dogs you all know how it goes but I started working out with my baby. I know its not like running 5 miles or going to a spin class but hey its more than what I have been doing and I have actually been seeing results. when my son is crawling around I simply do the plank and walk around in plank position after him. I do squats with him and arm curls. when he is in his high chair eating I do squats I know it sounds silly but on the days I cant squeeze in a workout it works
  • SBerndt
    SBerndt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yay fellow new mom to a 6 mo. And oh boy I can relate to having a problem with resistance! When takeout is an option I always jump on it because I'm usually just exhausted. I'm back at work, plus my husband works the overnight shift so weekday evenings are just exhausting. He also works weekends (overnights) so the weekends are just as rough.

I feel like 6 months post partum and I'm more hungry now than I was when I was pregnant! Anyone else having this problem? Tips are more than appreciated :)

I also feel hungrier now than I did when I was pregnant! My daughter is 7 months old, and I am having a heck of a time losing the last 8-10 pounds, and I only gained 33. It's so frustrating sometimes.
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite 3 weeks post partum, but I have a lot to lose, too! I can't wait to get the green light to exercise again b/c I have trouble "dieting" and seem to only be able to make calorie deficits with exercise! LOL I'm EBF, too, and a Navy wife. I also work from home and home school, so I totally get being overwhelmed. I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to try to balance this all! I'd love more friends in the same boat! I have about 50lbs to lose at this point and I'm sure it will take me at least a year to get there. :)