Frozen Dinners

Options
kwoww9797
kwoww9797 Posts: 29 Member
What are some of your favorite frozen dinners that are quick and easy and good for you that you like to eat?

3...2...1... GO!

hehehe!

Kat

Replies

• thergj
    thergj Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Lean cuisine turkey w/ string beans and mashed potatoes :)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    The ones I make in the crockpot, portion out and freeze. Currently beef stew.
  • bonz1481
    bonz1481 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of things and freeze & reheat.

I love to do a few lbs of chicken breast in the crock pot with salsa, then shred. eat it with salad. lettuce tacos. eat with hands. then when i get bored, i sautee up some veggies, throw in chicken stock...BAM! soup -- then freeze the soup in single portions. Reheats in minutes. And delicious.

I also freeze egg muffins and frittata in single portions in zippy bags. super easy.
  • bully_lady
    bully_lady Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm eating Kashi Chicken Risotto today. I also like their Mayan Harvest Bake. Amy's vegetable lasagna, and various others are tasty as well. Lastly, I like the Evol bowls.

:-)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ^I find that I need at least two of any type of frozen dinner as described above.

The average Lean Cuisine has what, 250 calories at most?

That's not even a snack for me.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Pizza!
  • gweneddk
    gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I rarely go for frozen dinners, but occasionally I like the Trader Joe's Indian rice bowls, and Saffron Road. The Kashi ones are pretty good. I have bought one box of special k breakfast sandwiches and had 1 per week; they're not bad with some hot sauce, heh

Usually, though, if I'm in a pinch I'll just make a meal out of frozen steam-in-bag veggies and some rotisserie chicken, canned tuna, and/or cottage cheese. If I have hummus and raw veggies on hand I'll add some of those too.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    The only frozen dinners I have these days are ones that I make myself. I have found that cooking a lot of food on one day of the week (usually Sunday) then putting the portions into containers that go in the freezer to be a great way to go.

Sometimes frozen dinners that you get from the store have a ton of salt and preservatives which are bad for you. So be careful pals!