When did you start your pill regimen again?

Options
Hi All;

I had my 2.5 week post-op visit and the doctor cleared me for my smaller pills (prilosec, water pill, other small round pills) but am concerned about restarting the slightly larger pills. Just curious when you guys started taking your prescription pills again ... thoughts?

(PS - my largest pill is the fish oil - he said to wait on that one)
Diabetic - on gemfibrizil (large pill), losartan (medium oval sized), carvedilol (medium oval sized), another cholesterol med (forgot it's name) and was on baby aspirin (can I start that again?)

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    My surgeon said I could take pills again (without crushing them) after 4 weeks.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Maybe it will only be for a short time anyway. i was quickly off all meds except vitamins and reflux pill after 1st 30lbs lost. My bp plummeted and i kept trying to pass out when i bent over.
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    call your doc and get your BP checked. You may not need the losartan anymore. We're told not to take any NSAIDS or aspirin-containing products because of the risk of ulcer, so check with your surgeon and your primary care doc about that. Also, the other pills. You may find your diabetes moderating. See if you primary wants to check your blood sugar, he may reduce your dose.
  • wendyp1000
    Options
    Just had an appointment this week with the Endo - he is concerned about my cardiac disease. That is why he wants me to take the baby aspirin and brought it up with me ... but I will check with the Bariatric Doc before starting that up again.

With taking Prilosec, I shouldn't have any issues with ulcers, I wouldn't think ...

By the way, just for FYI, I don't have a primary ... I have an Endo (diabetes), cardio (heart), and nephro (kidneys) - that is quite enough appts each year (every three months each doc) plus the new and wonderous Bariatric. Sheesh - I need more appts like a hole in the head!

I will start the multi-vitamins this weekend (liquid form from Whole Foods) - I'll see how I tolerate them...
    I have been taking chewable D, B-12 and C since week 2.