alchol

Options
biggermann
biggermann Posts: 14 Member
i now that this is not a good thing and can becoe a huge problem,,,i have become a wine drinker and can easily consume 4 large bottles on a weekend usually one and a half a day fri to sunday,,however not always feeling overly intoxicated,,,i drink it rather quickly,,,,i know this is binge drinking, never drink through the week and exercise and eat as well as possible through the week. can some tell me if they have these issues since operation, i do not drink pop or carbonated drinks,,,,,my weight stays about the same

Replies

• Kymaaa3
    Kymaaa3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well, I know that after bypass your not suppose to drink (acccording to my dr's) but IMO in moderation is fine just try and cut down on the 4 large bottles don't let that because your new "transfer" obession if you know what I mean.. some people allow other addictive behaviors to take over because they can't eat the way they use to. Just watch your calories on the wine. I have 1 4/5 oz glass of skinnygirl wine a week and that's all. I'm happy with that because anymore than 1 4oz glass will get me "up there" lol. I have a transfer addiction to sugar free candies which have become a concern for me but I noticed it and I am making the necessary changes to correct it. That's all you have to do is make the neccessary changes to correct it and get support. Hope I wasn't to preachy but I understand what your dealing with and it's normal just start making those changes it before it get way out of hand.
  • biggermann
    biggermann Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    not at all,,,thks for advise....u r right
  • 178lbs
    178lbs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi - I drank quite a bit before WLS, but found that my relationship after surgery changed - I was becoming much more reliant on alcohol. I tried to reduce the amount I drank several times without success. I also drank at weekends, but found myself thinking about the weekends too much, yearning for the Friday night binge. In May this year, I quit drinking and haven't touched alcohol since. I'm planning to avoid alcohol permanently as I feel much happier without it.......
    Phil
  • Kymaaa3
    Kymaaa3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are right! If you can aviod it all together is a better choice but for those who still want to have a drink every now and then will have to watch their intake just like anything eles whether it gum, candy, food. Bottom line is to never give up don't beat yourself up if you slip get back on the horse and ride another day..this is a life long journey we all have issues to deal with but we can overcome them.
  • rejeannelavallee
    rejeannelavallee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes ... it is better not to drink at all as our pouch is small and alcohol in high concentration can cause stomach ulcers. I have the occasional drink or glass of wine at special occasions. Being of French background before gastric bypass I had a glass of wine with my dinner..... I don't do this anymore and don't miss it. Alcohol adds lots of calories that you don't really need in your diet.