Best protein powders in the UK?

So guys Im looking for a nice protein powder to buy in the UK, preferably over the counter, preferably lower in sugar, and preferably not outrageously expensive. Also, it would be a major advantage if it tasted ok too :-)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Replies

• 101sal
    101sal Posts: 43 Member
    You could try Olympus Health Protein, its a mixture of whey and soya protein which some say is better than 100% whey. Its not really thick but its normally on offer for £29.99 for 5kg. I use the strawberry and cream flavour.
  • hmm, sounds interesting, where do you usually get that from?
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    www.bulkpowders.co.uk

Pure protein, tastes lovely and its high quality.
    Plus you get money off your first order if you google for the discount codes.

Also they deliver via DPD free shipping if you spend enough, which gives you a 1 hour time slot so you know when to be in to recieve the delivery.
  • www.bulkpowders.co.uk

Also they deliver via DPD free shipping if you spend enough, which gives you a 1 hour time slot so you know when to be in to recieve the delivery.

Thanks, I've just ordered some. Only ordered the 1Kg of the Raspberry for now to try it, but I got 10% off with a couple of free samples.
  • LucasEVille
    www.bulkpowders.co.uk

Thanks, I've just ordered some. Only ordered the 1Kg of the Raspberry for now to try it, but I got 10% off with a couple of free samples.

Word of cheeky advice, they do a referal system where if you refer someone you get £5 to spend and they get money off.... If you have someone else in the house with a card, refer them, get them to order you something that way you get more money off and £5 credit on your account.

So far my mum, my dad, my missus and my grandad have ordered for me earning me £20 credit and money off at every order!
  • Hey, that's good thinking. I'll get the OH to order me some stuff when I next need it.
  • LucasEVille
    Hey, that's good thinking. I'll get the OH to order me some stuff when I next need it.

No problem, been using the stuff on and off at the start of my weight loss and running, tried a few different ones from different companies.... However my choice is made and for the last 3 months I've used nothing else but that, just based on price and taste.

The worst one I tried was the PhD Chocolate Orange Deluxe Diet Whey Protein Powder from amazon, it was way too thick for me.

I love toffee popcorn flavour, I mix in some fine Scotish oats to make it a bit of a bulkier drink for after a 5K run. Gets rid of my carb and sweet after run cravings xD
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    You could try Olympus Health Protein, its a mixture of whey and soya protein which some say is better than 100% whey. Its not really thick but its normally on offer for £29.99 for 5kg. I use the strawberry and cream flavour.

Lonsdale is the same, in chocolate flavour. It's 24g of protein per serving, and it's a snip for £15.99 on line.
    If, you don't want to buy on the web, you can purchase Lonsdale protein powder from any Sports Direct outlet, for £17.99.
  • becclesbecca
    becclesbecca Posts: 68 Member
    I agree with the Bulk Powders ones. I love the vanilla - it doesn't taste fake like others I have tasted. Yum yum.
  • hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    www.myprotein.co.uk

It's cheap, but it's also the best quality I've tried. They're got a large range of different types of protein/supplements in loads of flavours, but I get the Impact Whey in chocolate. Tastes really good.
  • I use myprotein.co.uk too, fast delivery and a really wide choicest products. I use the whey protein and am slowly working my way through the flavours! :)
  • riadhdeb
    riadhdeb Posts: 211 Member
    HOME MADE
  • Another vote for myprotein.co.uk :-)
  • candyflosspot
    candyflosspot Posts: 3 Member
    I buy protein from the protein works. They have more flavours and taste better than my protein.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Alternatively, make your own with some soya milk, and cocoa powder. It's not rocket science.
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    I'm looking to add on muscle to my frame and am wondering whether I should add a shake of some kind to my diet? I wouldn't be looking at using it as a meal replacement but as an additional supplement. I used to take one called 'Precision Engineered Muscle Size Gainer Powder' which tasted perfectly fine, however didn't see much improvements. Any advice would be appreciated, also what do people think of BCAA tablets?
  • KnickersInATwist
    KnickersInATwist Posts: 237 Member
    A couple I really don't recommend are the PHD diet flavours in the chocolate or the vanilla, they're really only palatable if I plonk them in porridge. Other than that... Blergh! They're so so sweet!
    Going to go for myprotein next time I think, I've heard loads of good things about both them and theproteinworks
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    After reading all the advice on here, I'm thinking of going for one called 'Hurricane XS' from myprotein.co.uk , once I've been taking it I'll give it a review on here and hopefully it will support me in gaining the muscle I'm looking for.
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    A couple I really don't recommend are the PHD diet flavours in the chocolate or the vanilla, they're really only palatable if I plonk them in porridge. Other than that... Blergh! They're so so sweet!
    Going to go for myprotein next time I think, I've heard loads of good things about both them and theproteinworks

I only ever get the Strawberry one from the PHD diet range.
    I agree with all the others being way too sweet now.

Perfect for overnight oats.

• fat_beyonce
    fat_beyonce Posts: 133 Member
    I recommend MYPROTEIN!
    They are a UK based company with an amazing line with great prices plus they deliver to your house. They have everything from every flavour of protein powder you can think of to protein pancakes and protein pasta