Saturday Aug 9

Options
How's everybody doing today?

With only 3 weeks left before school starts again I really want to kick in a boost of exercise and hopefully weight loss. I'd love to walk into my classroom and have my past students (who I'll have again for different subjects) notice and comment on how I've changed this summer. Cause let's face it. If a high school kid notices weight loss then it's a significant change. lol

So the plan is to use the old exercise bike for half hour to an hour a day along with my regular hour with Leslie Sansone and Walk Away the Pounds. If I keep my calorie intake the same then weight loss should increase. Right? lol

Sandy

Replies

• djcangel
    djcangel Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy, Yep that should work to get you noticed, what doesn't kill you...makes you stronger, right, lol.

I overdid it this morning, hoofing out my 2 mile walk at 4 mph. my back is feeling it so I had better settle back down to my 3 1/2 mph for a while longer. I had a meal replacement drink for breakfast, which gave me all of my nutrients, and a lot of calories, but put very little in my tummy to work with. But I rushed my walk and did the meal replacement drink so that I could go with my hubby, on garage sales, rummage sales and yard sales. My husband supplements our retirement income by purchasing at these sales and then reselling them for a little profit at a flea market on weekends. I help by repairing jewelry or taking totally broken things and using the pieces to make a new, necklace, earrings, bracelet, etc... But Then, we get home and I am HUNGRY, so I ate, not that much, but the calories were high, now I am going to have to eat salad for supper. Tomorrow we are going into the big city to take hubbys mom out to eat, I will have to be careful and make sure I don't over do, just cause the portion sizes are so big now days, I will ask for a doggie bag and hopefully be able to have my supper for later. I guess it is a good thing that I like salad, cause it is looking like a salad weekend for me.
    Good luck with the exercise bike, and knock em dead when you return to school!!! Have a great rest of the weekend. dj
  • thin4me59
    Options
    Sandy, I sure admire your determination! Sounds like your students won't have an option other than to notice, especially at the rate you are burning off the weight! :happy: Keep up the good work.

DJ- we went rummaging today also. :smile: Didn't buy a thing though. Most of the sales had baby stuff and little ones' clothes and with our youngest grandchild being 12 there wasn't much. I have those days too that I need to eat salad near the end and like you I love salad, but the dear hubby hates it so it can be a challenge. You have been doing great so I am sure you will do fine!

Have a a great rest of the weekend ladies!

Darlene
  • DarrylsGinger
    DarrylsGinger Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the encouragement. And the exercise bike worked well this morning. I listened to my last class reading (The Feminine Mystique) while I pedaled so I accomplished two goals at the same time.

Salads... I love em. But honestly I only do one dressing.. low fat (lite) Ranch. I know that's not the best choice but it's the best taste to me and I do try to keep the amount to a minimum. Lite Ranch on a bed of spinach leaves, grilled chicken, carrots, fresh tomatoes.. um.. YUMMY!!

What about you guys? Who's so much healthier than me with the salad dressing thing? lol

Sandy

ps. Dj- you should take some pics and show us your jewelry.
  • djcangel
    Options
    Sandy, Ha, I use Fat Free Creamy Ranch, although I will use French once in awhile. Lately I have just been squeezing a little lemon or lime juice on my salad.
    I don't really feel like it is something that I made since I am just taking broken pieces of already made jewelry and making a new piece. I might just for fun take some before and afters of this particularly difficult piece I just got yesterday.
    Darlene, I get the hubby challenge all the time. I usually, since I cook most all our meals, make extras so that he can chow down on the leftovers, when I salad it.
    Well All I am off to the big city...have a wonderful rest of the weekend. See ya on the flip side! dj
  • thin4me59
    Options
    Sandy, I too use the lite Ranch or lite Blue Cheese. Tried the fat free and can't stand the taste or texture so made the compromise to go lite and use less. :happy:
  • djcangel
    Options
    Well I am back from the city, we ate lunch at Luby's, so I did very good, having a side salad of (mixed greens only), about a cup of steamed broccoli, and a steamed butterflied chicken breast ( which I ate 1/3rd of and came home with doggie bag, fed another 1/3 to my puppy dogs) and still have enough left for my supper. I am behind on my elliptical minutes so I better get to it, all and all...GOOD DAY!
  • djcangel
    Options
    O.k. so I said all in all a good day and I meant it...the only down side was that I got out the same exact outfit out of the closet today that is in my profile pic. It is a size 18, so the scales say I lost 17 pounds, so I figure, well, it will be a little loose so I better grab a belt. Now, I know that the pants are made out of stretchy material, but they fit. Fit without a wrinkle of looseness. Hmmm...other than that...GREAT DAY! :grumble:
  • DarrylsGinger
    Options
    DJ.. you did good. Be proud of yourself and the day! And remember that we don't get to decide where the weight comes off of our bodies. That's why measurements of several places are a good thing to keep track of on occasion. I know my butt/hips will be big until the rest of me is totally anorexic. Sad but true. lol

BTW.. I did decide to take a break from exercise today and even ate a hundred or so more calories. We'll see how it plays out.
  • djcangel
    Options
    Hope the Magic works Sandy...it usually does with me as long as I keep it to once a month...:tongue:
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    About the salad dressings: I sometimes use tzatziki, it just takes a little mixing. 50 calories for 2 Tbsp. (It makes a very good substitute for mayonnaise, as well.) Other than that, a good balsamic vinegar by itself is good, just not too much, and we make our own olive oil dressings (balsamic and honey/mustard), but they are not low cal, just have no additives. One lower calorie one is plain or Greek yogurt, Parmesan, and white wine vinegar, seasoned with minced garlic,celery salt or seed and a little salt.

Is anyone else over run with cucumbers? I slice them and add sour cream, lemon juice, maybe dill, but would love other suggestions!

By the way, you are all doing great!! I need to stop the weekend sabotage! Lots of exercise this weekend, though. We went up north to my cousins camp. My Fitbit read over 10000 steps and 46 flights of stairs when we got back from our morning walk on Saturday. We walked around the lake and there are a lot of hills. We swam, floated in the lake and yesterday we kayaked around the lake. We also had a great visit. A nice weekend, and the eating was pretty good, but I didn't log.
  • djcangel
    Options
    Eleanor, Wow, You did great on your exercise over the weekend. Ahhh, the cucumber dilemma, I have made cuke drinks, cuke dressing, cuke au gratin, cuke soup, cuke pickles, I've given away cucumbers, and I still had cucumbers. PM me if you want and I will give you any of the recipes for the above. Meanwhile, I must get busy, have to play catch up because of the trip out of town yesterday, have a wonderful week...:ohwell:
  • LydiaZembower
    LydiaZembower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I like cucumbers with buttermilk and radishes. Salt and pepper added, of course. It is cool and refreshing with Calcium and Vit D.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great cucumber ideas! Tomatoes, anyone?? ???? I love this time of year!
  • DarrylsGinger
    Options
    sounds like I need a garden.. but let's get real.. that's not going to happen.. lol